Jawbone UP3 do I wait or not?

Options
Hi everyone. Two weeks ago I started researching fitness trackers as my husband said he wanted to purchase a nice one for our anniversary or valentines gift. I have spent countless hours researching and comparing. So I was 100 percent sold and sure on the UP 3 in silver. I went to the website to order and it seems kind of a run around. Release date is early 2015 and apparently was suppose to be earlier but keeps getting delayed. That was for the black one. The silver says sometime this year. What the heck do I do? Use nothing or wait? I have been going to BOOTCAMP and working with a trainer for 3 weeks. I need to lose four pant sizes as I am a tight 14 at starting weight of 188

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Your choices are get an UP24 now, or wait indefinitely for the UP3.

I have both an UP24 & a Fitbit Flex. I decided to upgrade only one (for now), so I ordered a plum Fitbit Charge HR on Jan. 6. Fitbit just sent me an e-mail saying it won't ship until the end of March.

Last year, Jawbone bought a company called BodyMedia. I think they incorporated some of its technology into the UP3.
  • altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Since the latest firmware update, I'm having problems with my UP24. I don't think I'd buy it again.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just as an update for anyone wondering, I just got confirmation that it's another 8-10 weeks before UP3 shipments...and that's if they don't push it back another 8-10 wks
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Thanks for the update!
  • cogsci
    cogsci Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've got the UP Move a few days ago. So far I'm happy with it. At least good enough while I'm waiting for the UP3 to be shipped.
  • jt880
    jt880 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    yeah I like the up platform more than the fitbit one I'll get a 3 when if it comes out. The FBhr is complete crap.
  • syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You say the Fitbit Charge HR is crap? May I ask why? While I "patiently" (ha!) wait for the UP3, I'm thinking more and more of cancelling the order and just going for the Fitbit Charge HR instead?
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I have an UP24, and my Fitbit Charge HR finally arrived the other day. I like them both, but Fitbit's customer service is way better. My UP24 died in late February, and I'm still waiting for a replacement.
  • katesmanik
    Options
    FWIW - I think bought my UP24 in July and am now on my 3rd band. The customer service has been excellent (every time one starts to fail I am shipped a replacement within days). I always call - even though I hate the phone - and that seems to work much better than communicating with them via email. BUT, I am sick of calling to tell them that yet another band has failed! While I love the concept, the iPhone app, etc I am ready for something more reliable. Unless I hear that the UP3 is a miracle cure to Jawbone's woes I won't be purchasing from them again. If I were you tineehaag I'd go with a fitbit. On a side note, I am a size 14, and weigh 189 - my goal is to get back into my size 8-10s and down to 155 which is my happy weight. :)
  • jt880
    jt880 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    syrr wrote: »
    You say the Fitbit Charge HR is crap? May I ask why? While I "patiently" (ha!) wait for the UP3, I'm thinking more and more of cancelling the order and just going for the Fitbit Charge HR instead?

You gotta do whats right for you I didn't like the Hr it wasn't very accurate and It went back. I just like the the UP platform.