Daily check-in

Options

Replies

• malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    taelor2 wrote: »
    I have been back and forth on MFP for a few years now. I will be all for loosing weight for a week and then it just some how slips away. I have now been an active member with a streak of logging for 25 days! And lost 10 pounds so far! My mini goal was 30 by the time I'm 30 (20 more to go) so with this group I will hopefully get there.

Congratulations on losing the ten pounds and especially on logging in for so many days ☺
    I
  • amanda10panda
    amanda10panda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! It's almost easter and my family sent me a care package full of candy. I don't have very good self control when it come to eating candy in moderation, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I should do!

Thanks!
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! It's almost easter and my family sent me a care package full of candy. I don't have very good self control when it come to eating candy in moderation, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I should do!

Thanks!

I often have the same problem - I appreciate that they're thinking of me, and when I'm in maintenance, candy will be a huge boon... but right now, it's hard to work into my deficit in a satisfying way!

Things that I have done:
    - brought candy to class/work to share with people
    - divide up the care package and sent mini care packages to friends
    - put the candy in a box and covered it with packing tape. It prevented mindless snacking - if I wanted that chocolate, I really had to commit!
    - package it and mail it to my family home so that it was a problem for future-me to deal with.
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    Options
    Well, the past couple of days have been rough. My self control was totally lacking, and I ate a number of things that I really shouldn't have.
    I've tried to adjust my calorie plan for the next week to make up for it, but it's going to have to be pretty strict if I'm going to feel better about the bad decision I made yesterday and today. Wish me luck, friends!
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just checking in! It was a good week until yesterday. I ate out, got 3 courses and way too much wine! I won't be doing that again anytime soon! Back on track today. I went a little over my calories but not too much :)

I ate out today :s hubby wanted to go for a greasy spoon bfast and they didn't have any seniors (healthier portion size) or healthy meals. So I got the smallest meal and gave two pieces of the bacon to my hubs, left two pieces of toast, and a bit of potatoes. Still feel full though!

Started c25k today which was great!!

I can't seem to add my name to the spreadsheet from my iPad....
    Just checking in! It was a good week until yesterday. I ate out, got 3 courses and way too much wine! I won't be doing that again anytime soon! Back on track today. I went a little over my calories but not too much :)

I ate out today :s hubby wanted to go for a greasy spoon bfast and they didn't have any seniors (healthier portion size) or healthy meals. So I got the smallest meal and gave two pieces of the bacon to my hubs, left two pieces of toast, and a bit of potatoes. Still feel full though!

Started c25k today which was great!!

I can't seem to add my name to the spreadsheet from my iPad....

Sounds like you were able to make good decisions! I've taken a no takeout pact with myself, so hopefully I'll stick to it! No More eating out and no more takeout! I made a healthy Chinese Curry today which actually turned out pretty good! I'm trying to find some reasonably healthy pizza recipes now!

I'd love to start running, but I'm way too self conscious to exercise outdoors, and I live in a pretty built up area.
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    Options
    I'd love to start running, but I'm way too self conscious to exercise outdoors, and I live in a pretty built up area.

I know what you mean - that was my feeling too, when I first started running.
    My neighbourhood is pretty safe, though, so I was able to go out late at night when there weren't so many people out, and that definitely helped to get my confidence up.
    I still run at night - it's practical for a lot of reasons - but I'm at the point where I don't feel embarrassed when I pass people. :smile:
  • tschapmire
    tschapmire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    liacosc wrote: »
    Good morning!!!
    So I'm down the first 26 pounds and now I have hit a plateau! No matter what I do I can't break the 170 mark, I've been stuck here for over two months!
    I have another 20 to go until goal weight and I really need ideas, tips and tricks! I exercise 3-4 times a week and alternate between running, weight training and core work. Please someone help!!!!!

I'm sorry you are stuck. That must be insanely frustrating! I know there are several blog posts about plateaus & even some discussions. .. it definitely sounds like it's time to change something if you've been stuck that long. It could be your calorie deficit doesn't exist. Try cutting back 100 cals or more per day, or really evaluate your portion sizes. Are u under calculating your intake or over calculating your burn in exercise? No matter what, you're talking cate of yourself & you will figure it out! Good luck!
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    For those losing weight for a wedding I've been there. There's a lot of stress that goes with a wedding and it's hard to lose because of that. I only lost 5 lbs for my wedding. I ended up losing 10 lbs that year though. I almost lost 10 pounds this year. Plus you don't want to lose too much or it will be hard to alter the dress. 10 lbs I think is a good goal though. My friend got a bridesmaid dress size 2 and they had to alter it to a size zero and they were not happy with her. At that point I would of gained the weight. It's tough to look in the mirror and not just see flaws. I try to be nicer to myself. When I'm not losing weight I haven't stopped because I'm not going to let that defeat me. I've seen some subtle changes. So good luck on your weight loss journeys.

• ColleenWestico
    ColleenWestico Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok--based on my eating plans, a walk after dinner is a must do to keep on track for this challenge!
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    Options
    I had a few not-great eating days, and that little number on the scale was way up. Although I know there are a number of factors there, it was discouraging. But today I did what I needed to and reminded myself that I can do this! :smile:
  • aek1985
    aek1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! This is my first time joining a group and I'm really excited! I've been doing really well the past several days and weighed-in at 171.5 this morning (my highest weight was 179, my goal for this challenge is 150, & my ultimate goal is somewhere between 125-130). I ended up over-indulging on Easter chocolate this evening but that's ok :smile: it was my only slip this holiday weekend.

Definitely excited to start back strong and logging tomorrow! I plan to log every day of this challenge, even the slip-up days!

• argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Checking in a day before the challenge starts, can't wait till tomorrow I'll be starting Insanity workouts .. praying i'll stick till the end for the fourth time lol .. anyone else doing insanity?
  • missbouncegb
    missbouncegb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First day of the challenge and I'm ready to do this. Husband and I are already nearly half way through P90 and we're loving that. I'm also starting PiYo today, so I'm hoping between both programs, this will really help me on my way to losing that 20lbs by July. Planning on eating clean 80/20 during the process too.
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I decided to do the challenge so I ate mindlessly this weekend with special emphasis on Easter candy. I gained 4.2 pounds in 2 days! Weight always comes on so easy!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Starting day. Is everyone ready?
    This mornings weight: 167.2
    I can't wait till that number is a 4, rather than a 6!
  • MeOnlyBetterX60
    MeOnlyBetterX60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My daily check in, going good so far this morning. Great breakfast and loging in food. Entered in starting weight and looking forward to success. And 20 less pounds to carry around.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Day 1 of the challenge! I am super excited for this challenge because I find that I do much better when I am in a challenge for some reason. Monday is my cardio day, I got 2.25 miles in before work this morning :)
  • skenyon101
    skenyon101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Day 1. Planning is key for me so stocking up on veggies. Good luck everyone!
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Day one of this challenge.....super excited. Each new challenge reenergizes me and the weekly weigh-ins keep the momentum going.
  • hhackley
    hhackley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - I have never participated in a challenge before, so I'm really looking forward to this. Good luck to everyone!