Introductions

Options
SilverStormi
SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
Hi Everyone!

Cant believe its already the start of another challenge :) I don’t think we have done this in a while so I figure it’s a nice way to meet the new people and get reacquainted with the older ones. I’ll start.

I’m Lisa, 31 and live on Long Island. I have been participating in these challenges for more then a year now! Time flies. I stumbled across this group for its Easter 2014 challenge. I love the fact that it breaks the time into mini goals. For me it makes it seem more attainable.

I also volunteer a few days a week after work at the New York Bully Crew which is a local pit bull/large bread dog rescue. I have been volunteering there for about three years. For me it’s better than joining a gym. So you will see me referring to "the rescue" or my Freddybear (Freddy), Knucklehead (Rosco) or crazy hyper adhd mutt (Bentley) they are all current residents of the NYBC. We have about 30+ dogs at the rescue at any given time not including those in foster or the little nuggets that are usually out the door as soon as they are old enough.

The last 6 months have been me gaining and losing the same 5lbs and for this challenge I really need to recommit. I just started a new job as well so Im still trying to find a balance for everything. Im off to a good start for this challenge as I ran a 5k this morning and signed up for my next one in June.

Replies

• goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    This is my second challenge with Stormi, and I loved the first one. I was able to make my goal, plus lose a few more. These challenges are just what I need to keep me on track.
    I am from Missouri and keep very busy chasing after my kiddos, between baseball, basketball, soccer and band I have very few free nights in the week.
    I started my weight loss journey in November of 2014. I have since lost 60 pounds, I feel like I am in a dream! I have about 53 more pounds to go to reach my goal. I am hoping to do it by November 15th of this year.
    I will participating in my first ever race on the 11th. I will be doing a 5K. I am very excited about it. I am also doing a virtual race of 2015 miles in 2015! That one is going to be very challenging!
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My name is Freyja. I am in the Seattle area. I have been married 19yrs this July. I have 4 wonderful children ranging from 17 down to 10 yrs old. They keep me very busy. As well as my job.

I have been doing these challenges for about a year as well. This last one was a major fail for me so I am hoping to actually get on track and stay on track. My husband has challenged me to run a minimum of 5 times a week for 30 minutes. Hopefully this will get me back in the habit of doing something.
  • 2014june
    2014june Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm June i'm from England and its my second challenge with Lisa . i didn't do very well on it but at least i didn't give up. For this new challenge i'm planning on doing more exercise.
    and plan plan plan .
    Good Luck Everyone.
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am Barb in Florida. Have a two year goal Healthy Barb 2015. To eat healthy foods, decrease metabolic markers of inflammation and prediabetes,lose fifty pounds so I can run again......Firstyear I lost almost 30 pounds but since my plan is to exercise only outside, rainy season and family crises threw me back into bad habits and I regained most of that weight...although one goal was to run a 8k trail race which I did in October. And I no longer drink any soft drinks at all...was a diet coke fiend....and lab work was so much better...

Soooo....starting over again...back to non processed foods and home cooking...goal is from current weight is 38 pounds down by September...do a sprint triathlon end of September.....I swim,bike and walk now...will add jogging when weight is lower.

Did lose only 6 pounds during Easter challenge...but did accomplish two goals of developing daily logging habit again and planning work day food better ( work 12 hour shifts)

Have lost this weight before but had to spend so much time in the gym to do so ..... hoping to slowly lose weight outside...although I may hit gym a time or two before my birthday end of April....really want to lose 9 pounds by then.

exercise.png

• CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am Sara in Georgia and love the community that continues to grow through these shared challenges. I have been losing and regaining the same 5 pounds for nearly the past 12 months. This challenge will bring me very close to my 58th birthday at which I aim to weigh what I did last year, doggone it. From there I hope to lop off 5 more pounds or at least convert those last 5 pounds from fat to muscle.

I would like to commit to cycling or walking at least 50 miles each week during this challenge. That means a good 350 miles. Anyone else want to join in? We could set an overall target number of miles (or minutes if that is a better way to track for the group) based on how many of us want to participate. Lisa mentioned that she could add a column in our spreadsheet to track this shared community goal. Thank you, Lisa! If anyone knows something about how to organize a group goal, please "weigh in" with your thoughts and help us get started with a plan. I think this might be a very motivating accountability piece that could help folks like me remain focused on my personal goals. Not sure if I have explained this well, but anyway...

I wish everyone the best in this challenge!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Janelle. I live in Colorado. I have 3 children and 10 Grandchildren. I married my husband 8 years ago (second for both). He is an amazing man, so kind and generous. I have been on a yo yo most my adult life. I finally weigh less than my husband!! I have lost 105 pounds, and need to lose about 12 more, and want to lose another 10 for buffer.

I am a software engineer and work from home right now. I traveled extensively for 10 years for my job and so glad to work from home. I had to really focus when I first did this as I would work 16 hours a day since I was home. That really had to change, as I was really getting sick by sitting all day. I had arthritis, and inflammation. I finally decided that I was more important than just my job, so I started down this path of good health.

I feel much better now, and the work still gets done. I delegate more to the team, and I am in so much better health by losing this weight.

These challenges are great, I keep focused. I lose slow, but I lose and I exercise daily. I find that the exercise really helps the stress level of the job. I am so much more happy!

My before and March picture below.

xnzv65wrvuyb.jpg
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Heylo,
    My name is Ev. I have been a part of this group since Dec 28 2013 for the the 2014 Valentine day challenge. I lost 12 lbs the first half of last year and stayed on for the support. This past winter I regained the weight because of stress at work and holidays and now I am working to lose it again. Getting back into my summer clothes and getting (and staying healthey) is my motivation.

I wish everybody the best and happy losing!is my motivation
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi I am Jo, I started the last challenge, but for some reason, lost all motivation. I am hoping this time around I will stay motivated and see some real results. My goal is to break down into the 130s, I was there in the fall but than started eating crappy and again and than got busy with my kids activities. Now that it is spring I am hoping to get outside more and be active with the kids.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm Christina - in SC. Just turned 39 and want to get serious and see some results before I turn 40. This challenge coincides with me starting the Slim in 6 program. I've had those tapes since 2002 and haven't completed the entire six weeks before. I WILL complete it this time. I should finish that just before Memorial Day weekend. I'm also planning on doing the c25k 9 week program beginning in a couple of weeks and will be on week 6 around Memorial Day. Between the exercise and eating better (I've joined Weight Watchers and go to the weekly meetings) I'm hoping to see decent results.

I know the start weigh in is listed as April 12. That would be 7 weigh ins to Memorial Day. I weigh in on Wednesdays so my first weigh in for this challenge will be April 8. That way I can get my 7 weigh ins before Memorial Day passes.
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Stephanie. I have been at this weight loss thing for almost 3 years. Slow and steady for the win. I am getting close to being under 200 pounds finally. I am 5'4" so still lots to lose.

I have 3 children ages 1.5, 7, and 9. And a husband. We live in SC and I am trying to turn myself into a runner. I love new friends so feel free to add me.

I saw this group and thought it was just what I need to finish the school year strong. Good luck and good health everyone!
  • Ashtalia
    Ashtalia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm Lia and my husband and I are both going to school and trying to stay healthy. I'm working on getting my accounting degree but I think I've spent too much time studying and not enough time focusing on my health.

I've developed some minor health problems because of my weight and I decided I needed to take control and care for my body. My sweet husband is going to eat better and exercise with me which is awesome. It is finally starting to warm up so I would really enjoy getting out and running (something I really need to work on). I also enjoy strength training so maybe I'll work on gaining a little muscle as well.

One of my main problems is sweets. Candy, soda, baked goods - I really need to stay away from these guys and eat more vegetables and protein. I probably need to lose 30-40 lbs total but for this challenge my focus will be on losing 10 lbs and getting my heart stronger.

I'm really looking forward to completing this challenge with you all and wish you the best with your goals!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    HI ... My name is Monica I am from Oregon. I am a mother of 3 and grandmother of 2 with one on the way later this yr. I have been married to the man of my dreams for the last 13yrs.

My weight loss goals are nearing completion if i can just stick with it. The last few months have been the same lbs over and over again.

I have done the last couple challenges now and just love the way everyone connects.

Best of luck to each and every one of you !!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm Kathy and have been in on the challenges since the spring of 2014. I'm counting on this challenge to get me losing at a regular basis again, now that decent walking weather has returned. I live in South Dakota USA. I'm a school bus driver with 2 daughters, 2 grandchildren (one from each daughter) a mess of pets and an eccentric husband. My goal for this Memorial Day challenge is to go from obese to overweight. Certainly it will happen this time! I thought I'd do it during the Easter challenge, but nope.

55835802.png

• suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sue and I think I started doing these challenges last Spring and then dropped off of MFP at the end of the year. I'm back and trying to get back into healthier habits. A little break is good, but 3 months was way too long...

I live in Oakland, CA with my 16yo son and my 84yo dog/husband (I've been with him longer than both of my ex-husbands combined!). I also have 2 grown sons and a granddaughter. I am happily self-employed doing work that I love. I just want to be healthy enough to do whatever I want to do, during my free time. I'm hoping that this challenge will help me to focus on achieving my health goals.
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    cds2001 wrote: »
    I know the start weigh in is listed as April 12. That would be 7 weigh ins to Memorial Day. I weigh in on Wednesdays so my first weigh in for this challenge will be April 8. That way I can get my 7 weigh ins before Memorial Day passes.

Christina you can enter your weekly weigh in when ever you want. The spreadsheet is never locked. I just have the date set for it being due by Sunday.
  • snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Andrea and I am from Oregon. I started my weight loss journey last year in hopes of a wedding dress. I lost 22 pounds and was the smallest I have ever been. Long story short my boyfriend never popped the question (and still hasn't), I lost motivation and gained about 7 pounds back. I'm ready to get back to 135 and have an amazing body for summer.

On another note I am a high school teacher and love all of my "kids". I haven't done a challenge in some time and am glad to get back into the swing of things. I am also currently do the couch to 5K program and hoping to upgrade to the 10K program when I am done.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy and I live in San Francisco with my little pug Esme. Like others, I've been bouncing back and forth these past months, basically losing/regaining the same 10 lbs. I'm hoping this challenge will help me stay on track. I'm mostly going to focus on my diet, though I'll start incorporating regular exercise in my routine soon.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Hi, all--for those who don't know me from past challenges, I'm Stephanie and live in Chicago with my two cats (the one pictured, because I just love the photo, and another in my profile photos). I started these challenges for the St. Patrick's Day to Easter one last year, at 200, and now am maintaining around 125, although I'm ready to finally get to goal, I think. Along with losing the weight I've gotten back into running and biking (and swimming, some), and am planning to do a few triathlons this summer, as well as some other races. I'm not especially fast, but I enjoy it and it keeps me motivated. I'm also getting more into weights, although I'm a definite beginner.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Amy. I'm 51 and live in NE Florida. The weather is usually great here with lots of sunshine. I need to lose about 140 lbs. I've been having problems staying able to do this mentally. If I can keep my stress levels down daily, I do pretty well. Sometimes, I'm doing well and along comes some problems that I'm diagnosed with. I spend a lot of time re-grouping and trying to handle things. I also have quite a few injuries to my body that flair up and cause me to stop exercising and just rest. I do so much better when I'm able to go to the gym. The more regular I'm able to go, the better I do.