Daily check-in

Options

Replies

• mkakowski82
    Options
    Hello all!!! Checking in! Did something totally out of my comfort zone and played basketball with my brother and sister today. What a workout!! Feeling so good! Can't wait to see what July 4th brings!
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Ate a lot of crap yesterday. Ok not totally crap but no variety at all and lots of carbs and peanut butter ( I am too fond of peanut butter and filled breads lately). Also, my calorie intake is way out of my limit. I started really well today. With the help of the challenge, I am hoping to continue eating well and reach my goal. I am also planning to exercise later and up my water intake. Good luck to us all!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a daily check in but I do think we should make it a new post daily, easier for people to keep up and be encouraged that day.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Already passed my goal of drinking 40 oz of water for the day.

Awesome! I just realized I have been slacking on the water today . . . . . running to get my cup and fill it up (and empty it)!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the first time! I am going to start going to the gym and begin my strength training program on Wednesday and tonight for dinner I am making stuffed chicken breast with feta and sundried tomato :) Here is to healthier choices!

That sounds delicious! We are having Easter leftovers but it's mostly just roasted chicken, coleslaw and a small bit of baked beans.
  • focused5
    focused5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! A late check-in, but excited to join in the challenge. The habits that help me to lose are:
    1 - no eating after 8PM
    2 - drink at least 80 ozs water per day
    3 - some form of exercise/yoga every day

3/3 - So far, so good!
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I want to see if doing PiYo when I wake up will influence my day at all. So I've got my alarm set nice and early to facilitate that. Mornings have never been my friend, so I'm dreading that wake-up most of all. :tongue:
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I want to see if doing PiYo when I wake up will influence my day at all. So I've got my alarm set nice and early to facilitate that. Mornings have never been my friend, so I'm dreading that wake-up most of all. :tongue:
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm at a hard decision point...
    I don't know if I want to get me a FitBit for my first 20lb loss, or a new pair of running shoes. I've started a C25K, so the shoes may be good, but I have a pair of shoes that are still new, just not fitted.
    Decisions, decisions...
    Anyone have suggestions? I can only get one now, but I can get the other next month.
  • innecam
    innecam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is check in for me I am ready but have to take it day by day, have to control emotional eating is the focus.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    I don't know if I want to get me a FitBit for my first 20lb loss, or a new pair of running shoes. I've started a C25K, so the shoes may be good, but I have a pair of shoes that are still new, just not fitted.
    Decisions, decisions...
    Anyone have suggestions? I can only get one now, but I can get the other next month.

Having been a kinda runner in the past I would definitely opt for a fitted running shoes. The shoes you use for running are super important. When I got my first pair that were fitted I couldn't believe the difference it made. Just my opinion.
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    So I have eaten my healthy breakfast already. I am setting the goal of 50 oz of water today which is 10 more than yesterday. I am going out for lunch today so I will be making the best choices that I can.
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Weight has risen a pound since the first. :( Staying within my goal is so much harder the last week or so. Keep on keepin on!
  • snowym
    snowym Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HELP the girl I work with is trying to make me eat chocolate!!!!! lol
    I told her it is day 2 and I need to be good!!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    snowym wrote: »
    HELP the girl I work with is trying to make me eat chocolate!!!!! lol
    I told her it is day 2 and I need to be good!!

Good for you!
  • Brans34
    Options
    Decisions, decisions...

Having been a kinda runner in the past I would definitely opt for a fitted running shoes. The shoes you use for running are super important. When I got my first pair that were fitted I couldn't believe the difference it made. Just my opinion.

That's kinda what I was thinking, too.
    Thanks
  • walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a daily check in but I do think we should make it a new post daily, easier for people to keep up and be encouraged that day.

Good idea :)
  • Brans34
    Options
    Agreed!
  • pommychic
    pommychic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Decisions, decisions...

A fitbit is a great tool that will motivate and works brilliantly with the MFP tools. I wouldn't want to be without my fitbit during this challenge...ooooooh decisions decisions!!!
  • lhrascon
    lhrascon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Made some new foods today. Fresh spring roll: lettuce mint cucumber and a little chicken curry all wrapped in rice wrapper. Refreshing for a warm California day. I little calorie heavy first half of the day. will need to be really disciplined for the rest of the night. Going to a meeting that will have cookies for sure. Its going to be hard!