Started gaining weight PP... Accountability

Options
danifo0811
danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
I am almost 5 weeks postpartum. I initially dropped 20 lbs after delivery but for the last 2 weeks, I have been holding steady/gaining. I have 15 lbs (to 160 lbs) more to get to my preg preg weight and should get to 140 lbs to be where I was before/after my previous pregnancy.

I have two older kids where I gained 50 lbs in pregnancy and lost it so I feel like I know what I can do and what I should do but I'm just not doing it. I'm stuck on the thought that I will start tomorrow.

I'm not overly concerned about exercise right now but my eating needs to improve. I logged for the first time in forever so my goal is to stick to it today.

Replies

• danifo0811
    Options
    So I made it through the first day with logging everything and meeting my goals. I even did my first exercise that I logged in forever.

Same goals for today!
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Had trouble over the weekend but have got back on track. Went for a walk yesterday with baby in the carrier and did a mom+baby pilates DVD this morning. Not sure if he liked it but he didn't cry so that is good. He also broke is 4 day spell without pooping before we went out so I'm pretty happy about that too.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 months post partum & have put on a few pounds :( I'm looking to lose about 25lbs. I'll add you! My son goes days without pooping, it stresses me out & he's my 2nd baby!
  • danifo0811
    Options
    I have to say, I'm still struggling. I haven't really gained more but I haven't been loosing. Too much easter candy (I had to buy more for the kids because I ate what I was giving to them) . Hopefully, is part of it so that is over.

My next struggle has been with my son. He has had a few things come back as requiring further study (potential genetic disorder repeatedly in indeterminate range, breastmilk jaundice). Since he was released from the NICU (after 2 weeks), he has had to get blood drawn for something every 1-2 weeks. I find the day he goes until we get the results (jaundice is quick, the genetic disorder takes about a week) I eat horrible.

My mom comes today for a week and my ILs come a week after she leaves. So needless to say, I've been cleaning and trying to get the house in order (especially the guest room/baby's room/previously older child's room and still filled with her stuff)

I really need some better ways to deal with stress. I eat. I grocery shop and I intentionally buy things for me to eat that are junk.

My goals for my mom and ILs visit are just to eat more protein and more veggies (and not gain). After that I will see what I can do to focus on weight loss.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it'll help having family come & help you. My son was in the NICU for 2 weeks as well. Then caught RSV from big sister & was in the pediatric ICU for a week. I started gaining weight from the stress in the PICU. I'm doing bootcamp twice a week & trying to watch what I eat. So far, I havent lost any weight, but I haven't gained, so that's a good thing. Hang in there! Things will get better!
  • kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I gained at least 10lbs after I had my son. But I've lost 40lbs in the last year so it's totally doable!

One thing that really helped was that I started making a good list for the grocery store and I stuck to it. I've also been working on eating fewer processed foods and the list has really helped me resist junk food and snacks. Of course, there's still candy on there sometimes
  • ooCaitrice
    ooCaitrice Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll be 12 months pp on two days. And I gained 10 lbs. So frustrating. :(
    I know it is my own fault but still so frustrating
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I lost all the baby weight then gained 10 pounds. Yeck. I've got the worst cravings for chocolate and thrive on 3+ cups of coffee goodness a day. I'm 2 months pp and getting back on track again. I slacked of for like a week or so.