Insanity!!!

Options
argonzalez4
argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Anyone else doing insanity for the challenge? how did it go? what were your starting results? I just finished fit test and oh boy it kicked my butt, it just showed me how bad in shape i am :p ..

Here are my results for Fit Test 1 (Day 1) .. let's see yours!!
1. Switch Kicks - 71
2. Power Jacks - 29
3. Power Knees - 58
4. Power Jumps - 19
5. Globe Jumps - 6 ( i hate them lol)
6. Suicide Jumps - 11
7. Push-up Jacks - 28
8. Low Plank Oblique - 47

Replies

• LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I started with it, but found that it was a bit harder on my knees than I was hoping (and I'm only 22, with no particular history of knee issues). Anyway, I think I'm going to do a bit to work up to it because I don't want to have to give up my nightly runs to accommodate the "Insane" impact. :tongue:

But I wish you luck, and look forward to seeing how everybody improves!
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I started with it, but found that it was a bit harder on my knees than I was hoping (and I'm only 22, with no particular history of knee issues). Anyway, I think I'm going to do a bit to work up to it because I don't want to have to give up my nightly runs to accommodate the "Insane" impact. :tongue:

But I wish you luck, and look forward to seeing how everybody improves!

Hip hop abs is not hard on your knees and you can get good results. The extra cardiovascular groove party is my favourite and a good challenge
  • missm2
    Options
    Anyone else doing insanity for the challenge? how did it go? what were your starting results? I just finished fit test and oh boy it kicked my butt, it just showed me how bad in shape i am :p ..

Here are my results for Fit Test 1 (Day 1) .. let's see yours!!
    1. Switch Kicks - 71
    2. Power Jacks - 29
    3. Power Knees - 58
    4. Power Jumps - 19
    5. Globe Jumps - 6 ( i hate them lol)
    6. Suicide Jumps - 11
    7. Push-up Jacks - 28
    8. Low Plank Oblique - 47

Way to go !!! I start mine next week and let you know.
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    missm2 wrote: »
    Hip hop abs is not hard on your knees and you can get good results. The extra cardiovascular groove party is my favourite and a good challenge

I'm glad to hear that endorsement! I just started with HipHop Abs, and I'm really enjoying it, even if it is reinfocing how totally uncoordinated I am! :tongue:
  • missm2
    Options

I'm glad to hear that endorsement! I just started with HipHop Abs, and I'm really enjoying it, even if it is reinfocing how totally uncoordinated I am! :tongue:
    [/quote]

The first time I did it it felt very uncoordinated! ! Once you start to know the different movements it becomes easier to work on the till tuck and tightening. Enjoy :)

• cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm planning to start INSANITY next week!

:flowerforyou:

exercise.png

43598207.png
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Glad to see some of beachbody buddies and those who are starting insanity soon!!! .. so far it has kicked my butt I've never sweated like a pig in my entire life !!! I feel so sore from my thighs and i have a feeling my arms will be sore tomorrow .. keep it up everyone we can do it!!

Let me know how hip pop works too.. my dad
    has that workout and I've seen him run out of breath too lol .. he has lost over 100 pounds with diet and exercise and doing hip pop abs ..
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here are my results for Fit Test 1 (2nd Time around) (Day 1)

Switch Kicks - 90
    .......(80 1st test 9/24/14 last test 10/11/14 115)
    Power Jacks - 35
    .......(25 1st test 9/24/14 last test 10/11/14 54)
    Power Knees - 65
    .......(50 1st test 9/24/14 last test 10/11/14 100)
    Power Jumps - 30
    .......(20 1st test 9/24/14 last test 10/11/14 70)
    Globe Jumps - 10
    .......(6 1st test 9/24/14 last test 10/11/14 11)
    Suicide Jumps - 6 (I hate these!! LOL)
    .......(6 1st test 9/24/14 last test 10/11/14 11)
    Push-up Jacks - 13 (Modification-Wall Jacks)
    .......(7 1st test 9/24/14 last test 10/11/14 25)
    Low Plank Oblique - 30 (on the floor)
    .......(17 1st test 9/24/14 last test 10/11/14 50)

Well the whole time I was doing the Fit test I was asking myself "why am I doing this again"? "I didn't enjoy it the first time and not enjoying it now!!!"

Then I look at my original results as I write down my current ones and see that I am not all flab. I did much better than I did back in September. I have lost some strength/endurance but at least I'm not starting from where I was in Sept!

That's not a typo....my Globe Jumps and Suicide Jumps in my 1st time around really were the same. I had to look at that twice to make sure I didn't mess something up! LOL

As I type this I am feeling a little sense of accomplishment and maybe I will do Day 2. LOL!!

If I remember correctly, it is the warm-ups that always tried to defeat me and make me quit. The actual exercises after the warm-up were fine, it was the warm-up that was the killer.

:flowerforyou:

exercise.png

43598207.png
  • missm2
    Options
    Here are my results for Fit Test 1

Switch Kicks -90
    Power Jacks -55
    Power Knees - 80
    Power Jumps - 27......( I really hate them )

Globe Jumps -10
    Suicide Jumps - 11
    Push-up Jacks - 17 just
    Low Plank Oblique - 52
    Day 2 killed me too!!! I wanted to walk away after the warm up . Kept trying to remember when it got easier and how good i felt last time i did it ... just need to dig deep and keep going ...sorry it has taken so long ..just gone back to school (I'm a teacher ) ... so life hectic at the moment . Hope you are digging deep and going strong :-)