This weeks weigh in!

Options
Hi everyone! how did this week go? here's mine, fill out your report and reflect on the week :) hope everyone had a lovely easter!

weightloss so far: 9lb
current weight: 9 stone 5 (131lb)
Target weightloss for april: 7lb
Target weight by 30/04: 8 stone 12 (126)
31/03: 131
07/04: 132
14/04:
21/04:
30/04:
Other targets:
to no longer be classed as overweight
to start heavy lifting twice a week
to be able to run for 30 mins without having to walk
to buy an outfit for my night out on 1st may in a size 10

How did you feel this week?
Struggled, i lost another pound but then had a 5 day holiday which involved eating a lot of food and drinking a lot of wine so over all i put on a pound

If anything, what did you struggle with?
everything, no gym, no swimming, no space for at home workouts, minimal control over when/ what i was eating.

how are you going to try to overcome this next week?
no holiday, getting back on track back into a routine

what are you proud of?
dispite eating my weight in fatty food, none of it was fast food it was all 'proper' food and i still only put on a pound overall

any other notes:

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Posted in the wrong announcement thread...
    weightloss so far: --
    current weight: 196
    Target weightloss for april: 10 lbs
    Target weight by 30/04: 186
    31/03: 196
    07/04: 192.8
    14/04:
    21/04:
    30/04:
    Other targets:

Do 30 minutes of elliptical 5x a week (at least)
    Lose an inch off of my hips maybe?
    Be able to do 20 push ups in one go

How do you feel this week:

I feel super encouraged! I've consistently gotten on my elliptical each night since Saturday, with two of those nights being 25 minutes in one go. In addition to that I did a lot of arm stuff over the weekend by playing with weights while binge watching Netflix.

I know that tomorrow I'll be above q93, because that's just how my body is, but it's a new low since starting back on MFP :3 I'm hoping to keep this up and right now, 186 by the end of the month looks more than possible!
  • buzzrio
    buzzrio Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry I posted in the wrong place to, so have just copied what I wrote before.
    Ok, so not had the best of weeks weighing in as I've stayed the same, but it's being logged and moving onto this week.

Weightloss so far: 2lb (started last Monday)
    Current weight: 16st 2 (226lbs)
    Target weight loss for april: 8lbs
    Target weight by 30/04: 15st 8 (218lbs)
    30/03:226
    06/04:226
    13/04:
    29/04:

How do you feel this week?
    I started out well, and I've done more exercise this week than I have for a long time. Some of it I didn't include like some short walks I did which were less than 30 mins. The reason for this was by the end of the week, I found I'd eaten back most of my exercise calories most days, and since MFP tends to over estimate exercise calories, I think this is why I didn't budge with the weight. My calorie goal is 1520, and when I looked at my average it was more like 1800. Not good, so I need to be more food conscious this week.
    On the plus side, I've lost 1 inch off my bust and chest this week, and I've found I've slept so much better this week. I've rarely woken up through the night and not been able to get back to sleep, which is huge for me. So that in itself is a bonus! I managed 4 cardio sessions this week, plus 2 body weight sessions and some yoga, and had a veggie day, so almost hit my targets.

So this week, I'm going to try and focus more on my food, and try not to eat my exercise calories back.if I do I'll only eat no more than 50% of them back. I'll try and hit 5 cardio days and just generally be more active. I'm studying for an exam at the moment and have had days in the house where I've done little else, so it'll be good to give me breaks during my study and clear my head.

Anyway, sorry I've babbled on a bit, but hope everyone has had a good week and is ready for this week. Let's make it a good one.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    April 1- 168
    April 7- 166.2
    Target weight for April 30- 158

Felt pretty great this last week. Started C25K on the 1st, and will do my last day of week 1 in a couple of hours. My knees are a bit sore as of yesterday, but I think it's just because they aren't used to being used that much.
    Only real problem so far is that since I started running, my weight loss nearly stalled out. Scale just finally moved this morning! And apparently, when you start a new exercise regime, your body retains more water for muscle repair. Hopefully starting the C25K. Won't ruin my goal for the month! Oh, however, even though I only lost 1.8 lbs, I did manage to lose a cumulative 11.5cm! Mostly from my waist. So obviously I'm shrinking, but gaining muscles, so the scale isn't jumping down as fast as I'd like.
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    weight loss so far: 13.6 lbs(started in October 2014)
    current weight: 134.2
    Target weight loss for April: 6.4
    Target weight by 4/30: 130
    3/31: 136.4
    4/7: 134.2
    4/14:
    4/21:
    4/30:

I feel REALLY good about last week. Managed to eat under calories a few days, and when I was over, it wasn't by that much. I exercised everyday even if it was only for 10-15 minutes on the elliptical with a few weight exercises after. Saturday was full of yard work and car washing and I even managed to exercise before the Easter festivities (which I managed to eat a lot less than a normal holiday). I am excited to continue the challenge and hope to meet the goal of 130 as I haven't been able to yet since I started in October :(
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weightloss so far: 39lbs
    Current weight: 225.6lbs
    Target weightloss for April: 9lb
    Target weight by 4/30: 220lbs
    3/31: 229lbs
    4/07: 225.6lbs
    4/14:
    4/21:
    4/30:

Other Targets: •To speed up my running pace.

•Start lifting weights on a more regular basis.

•Fit into my favorite pair of jeans again (for a little while anyway!) that are just slightly too tight. This 9 pounds should do it!

•Prep my food and pack lunches for the week.

•Be more proud of myself and my small goals. I need to stop worrying so much about the big picture and focus on the small goals I set for myself.

How did you feel this week? I was actually sick for a lot of it. I haven't been able to breathe through my nose AT ALL for about 5 days now. I think that's why I had the weight loss I did because even though I tried to eat all of my calories, it was difficult. Even soup was hard. I did find that my runs helped me perk up and feel better though!

If anything, what did you struggle with? My daughter turned 5 on Wednesday! 5! And we had a cookout with cake and ice cream. I ate poorly, but small portions of it. I used the children's dishes instead of the adult to at least keep my portions limited.

How are you going to try to overcome this next week? Well there's no birthday party next week or leftovers sooo I think I'm good! Lol

What are you proud of? That I've come this far! My long term goal at the moment is 65 pounds (overall I'd like to lose 100 long term though). I've lost nearly 40lbs and I can't even wrap my head around it. My daughter weighs 43lbs and when I pick her up, I can't believe that I was carrying just about that much extra weight on my body. I can certainly tell a difference in my knees and feet alone.

any other notes:

• hepeful
    hepeful Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weight-loss so far: 1.6 lbs
    Current weight: 235.4 lbs
    Target weight-loss for April: 8 lb
    Target weight by 4/30: 229 lbs
    3/31: 237 lbs
    4/07: 235.4 lbs
    4/14:
    4/21:
    4/30:

This week ...
    Well, I managed to get through Easter. I think it helped because we didn't go home (no turkey, stuffing, pies, fudge and more). We had Ham, scalloped potatoes and carrot salad. I followed a great low-calorie potato recipe from the food network and everything was delicious. This past week it was really about food choices.

Next week ...
    Adding in more activity
  • ritchiehl
    ritchiehl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Weight loss so far: 1lb
    Height: 5'5"
    Starting Weight (3/31): 165
    Goal Weight (4/30): Under 160

4/1: 165
    4/7: 164
    4/15:
    4/22:
    4/30:

Other targets
    continue running 4x/week
    cross train 1x/week

My son got sick late last week. Had a few sleepless nights that still are continuing so that's left me pretty exhausted. I haven't ran since Friday night because of it (however I made it to spin class on Saturday morning and walked for hours downtown Saturday). I was more conscious about portions and getting in more veggies. My water intake has increased as well (always been a water lover).

If anything what did you struggle with?
    With the exception of the sleep deprivation as previously stated...I'd say remembering to wear my fitbit! I need to be more diligent about that!

How are you going to try and overcome that next week?
    Prep the night before and have everything ready to go. That way nothing is forgotten!

What are you proud of?
    Making healthier choices and progress with the weight and inches coming off. Clothes are definitely getting looser. I'm happy I am making time for running again. Some times it's the only time I get to myself!

Next week:
    Maintaining my run days and water intake and adding some weight days.
  • rnasm
    rnasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    weightloss so far: 16kg
    current weight: 81.2 kg (on 31 Mar)
    Target weightloss for april: 7lb (3kgs)
    Target weight by 30/04: 78kgs

Aim to increase weekly weight loss average to 0.5kgs/week (1.1lb)

31/03: (or whatever day you begin) 81.2kg
    07/04: 80.7kg (loss of 0.5kg)
    14/04:
    21/04:
    30/04:

Other targets:
    (Met)Decrease net calorie to 1150 (with calories eaten not more than 1450)
    Increase exercise:
    (Met)- 20 min excercise per day (circuit+cardio) (not including stretching)
    (Not met)- two days a week add minimum 10 min of more intensive exercise
    (Not met) Buy an elliptical machine (I know not really "goal" but I have been postponing it for months)

How did you feel this week:
    When I first started diet and more consciously excercising (Oct, nov last) I had done some cardio workouts that I later decided to stop and focus instead on using the elliptical. The main reason was that I had access to one, so thought why not, and was really overweight and didn't want to damage my knees.

I tried to add some of these back now, but was much harder than I thought and chickened out.

What are you proud of:
    Much better control of eating and staying within new limit.
  • rnasm
    rnasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    weightloss so far: 16kg
    current weight: 81.2 kg (on 31 Mar)
    Target weightloss for april: 7lb (3kgs)
    Target weight by 30/04: 78kgs

Aim to increase weekly weight loss average to 0.5kgs/week (1.1lb)

31/03: (or whatever day you begin) 81.2kg
    07/04: 80.7kg (loss of 0.5kg)
    14/04:
    21/04:
    30/04:

Other targets:
    (Met)Decrease net calorie to 1150 (with calories eaten not more than 1450)
    Increase exercise:
    (Met)- 20 min excercise per day (circuit+cardio) (not including stretching)
    (Not met)- two days a week add minimum 10 min of more intensive exercise
    (Not met) Buy an elliptical machine (I know not really "goal" but I have been postponing it for months)

How did you feel this week:
    When I first started diet and more consciously excercising (Oct, nov last) I had done some cardio workouts that I later decided to stop and focus instead on using the elliptical. The main reason was that I had access to one, so thought why not, and was really overweight and didn't want to damage my knees.

I tried to add some of these back now, but was much harder than I thought and chickened out.

What are you proud of:
    Much better control of eating and staying within new limit.
  • lexielainex
    lexielainex Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    weightloss so far: 17.4lb
    current weight: 150.4
    Target weightloss for april: 10 lbs
    Target weight by 04/30: 143 lbs
    03/31: 152.4
    04/07: 150.4
    04/14:
    04/21:
    04/30:

Other targets:
    To do at least 1 HIIT workout a week
    Get an actual mile time so I know what time I have to beat
    Feel good and look good in pictures by my birthday (4/18)

Obviously I've been better considering it was a holiday. I'm not sweating it though. I'm sure I'll still make progress. I also got a fitbit as an early birthday gift so that almost made up for the weekend in my mind.

If anything, what did you struggle with?
    Recently I've been struggling with snacking.

how are you going to try to overcome this next week?
    I bought more fruit so thankfully I'll be eating it as an alternative to junk.

what are you proud of?
    Even though I did eat some crappy food, I did go completely out of control.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    weight loss so far: 3 lbs
    current weight: 148.2 lbs
    Target weight loss for April: 6 lbs
    Target weight by 4/30: 143 lbs
    3/31: 149.0 lbs
    4/7: 148.2 lbs (0.8 lb LOSS)
    4/14:
    4/21:
    4/30:

I feel pretty good about this past week even though I know that I could have done better. Easter dinner ruined me... salty ham, mac & cheese, rolls, quiche, green bean casserole, whipped sweet potatoes and WINE! So much wine... Not to mention Friday & Saturday leading up to Easter I drank a lot.

It took me until today to feel confident to actually weigh myself (that all the bloating and water weight had disappeared)

Other than that I have been VERY proud of eating and food choices.

The only thing I am NOT proud of is my lack of working out :(
  • mjhellmers
    mjhellmers Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Name: Mike
    Height: 6'3"
    Starting Weight (4/1): 261
    Goal Weight (4/30): Under 250

4/1: 261
    4/8: 263.4
    4/15:
    4/22:
    4/30:

Loss/gain for the week: +2.4
    Loss/gain for the month so far: +2.4

Struggles or successes of your week: I took this past weekend off and completely lost my mind. Between our crawfish boil Saturday and BBQ Sunday, I drank a lot of beer and ate a ton of food. I was actually up 8.6 lbs. Monday from my Saturday morning weight, but I know it was all fluid and I've already flushed 6.4 of it out. The good thing was I got right back on Monday, which was a huge win. Taking a day or two off has sometimes led to a 3-7 day skid. I felt very sluggish this past Monday morning after the weekend off and couldn't wait to get back to logging.

My plan this week is to keep hitting my calorie goal every day, keep drinking water, and start exercising again. I haven't exercised since last Friday. My goal is to be under 260 for next Wednesday.
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I lost 2lbs!

I'm proud that even though I had my birthday & easter treats, I compensated by exercising more.

I struggled with candy and takeout Chinese food, but again it was bday & easter splurging.

My goal is to lose 10lbs total for April
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've been going up and down lately so not sure what my actual starting weight is.
    (with a downward trend all together) I'm going to say 145lb

today 4/08/2015: 144.2lb

• EnjoyEverySandwich
    EnjoyEverySandwich Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Happy April to everyone!

Weight loss so far: 4 #
    Current weight: 227 #
    Target weight loss for April: 8 #
    Target weight by 4/30: 219 #
    3/31: 227
    4/7: 224.4
    4/14:
    4/21:
    4/30:

Other targets:
    ~ Track my food on MFP every day.
    ~ Walk 10,000 steps + for at least 5 days a week.
    ~ Eat 100 calories of fruit, almonds, or yogurt as snacks.
    ~ More music!!

Loss for the week: 2.6 #
    Loss for the month so far: 2.6 #

How I felt this week: This was my spring break, so I was out of my routine more than usual (not necessarily
    a bad thing though). But I did track my food everyday except Easter (where I didn't really overeat, but
    just didn't want to be bothered counting calories on dishes I didn't make).
    The foods that I crave the most are crunchy salty snacks, like crackers. I did eat baked crunchy peas as
    a substitute, but the calories and sodium are high.
    I had a stevia soda or a green tea drink instead of beer when out with friends a couple of times.
    I did lots of walking!

Next week:
    Keep up my target goals, drink even less alcohol, and keep the scale going down.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight (3/31): 197
    Goal Weight (4/30): Under 192

4/1:197
    4/8: 195.4
    4/15:
    4/22:
    4/30:

I am super happy with my weight loss. I have been walking during lunch at work to move more and am planning to start taking the dog for morning walks. School started back up so I will have to be aware of my snacking when I study! Have a great week everyone!