Make sure your Finish is as great as your Start!!

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
I wanted to check in with everyone and see how all were doing. I try to read everything and I must say I am so impressed with how everyone is working so hard. While I am so proud of each and everyone of you I want to talk about something that many might think is crazy. Will your finish be as great as your start? What I mean is while we are all so motivated to hit the treadmill or the road everyday, work out with weights everyday or do zumba daily, will you still be like that in 4 weeks, in 8 weeks or further down the line?

I want everyone to exercise but trust me if you go all out for 4 weeks and than start decreasing the weight will find you again. My advice is work up to what you honestly feel you can maintain in your lifestyle. Once your body gets use to fitness it will require it, which is wonderful just make sure you can maintain. In the long run it is the healthiest way to do it.

Replies

• LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
    Right now, I'm doing my best to try and find what exercises I like. I'm doing more now than I probably will in the long-term, but I know that finding my maintenance will be figuring out a balance between food and exercise, and working out the right amount of each. Luckily, I have an excellent fitness community at my fingertips to help my find that balance! :smile:
  • focused5
    focused5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good point! I, for one, really want to be able to finish this challenge BETTER than I start it. So many times in the past, I've just drifted away and i don't want this to be like that.

I have a vision of myself on Friday, July 3, wearing cutoff shorts and a tank top, feeling thinner than I've ever been before and grateful for the results of all my hard work, packing healthy food for an outing with people I love.

• LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    focused5 wrote: »
    I have a vision of myself on Friday, July 3, wearing cutoff shorts and a tank top, feeling thinner than I've ever been before and grateful for the results of all my hard work, packing healthy food for an outing with people I love.

I have a vision of myself going running in a rockin' sports bra! :tongue:

• AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree! I always go in all or nothing and find myself getting burnt out very quick. Got to find that happy medium. Thanks for the advice!
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with working out but I believe it's a diet problem for me. Maybe I will make a special focus on my diet this challenge.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with working out but I believe it's a diet problem for me. Maybe I will make a special focus on my diet this challenge.

The biggest problem I have is the "diet", a diet is a program to drop weight during a certain time period. I have found the way to be successful long term is to not diet but have a lifestyle change. You have to change the way you think about food, the food you eat and when you eat. It is not something that is short term it needs to be a life change. That does not mean you cannot enjoy food, you will need to learn how to eat whatever you want but only a serving. That is where we tend to go wrong. We can have anything we want, just as long as you don't do it all the time, continue to exercise and stay on track. You can do this!!!

• focused5
    focused5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I have a vision of myself going running in a rockin' sports bra! :tongue:

Oh, yeah!!!!