Daily check-in Week 1 ~ April 6th - 12th

Options

Replies

• lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I finally hit 198 which is a miracle from 214 in January. My goal is 180-185.
    Worked out for 50 minutes burned 305 calories before I went to work. Is this my imagination or
    is fitness pal the best thing ever.
  • lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    IM ADDICTED
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Worked out for 50 minutes burned 305 calories before I went to work. Is this my imagination or
    Congrats!!!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Afura wrote: »
    I re-started the Zombies 5k (it's Couch 2 5k with Zombies), I doubt I'll be doing a lot of running, but I'll do what I can and walk the rest! 1.3 miles, and also fit in with another Challenge goal.

Sounds fun! Are the zombies chasing you? that would make one walk/run faster! LOL
    What @LogicalDaydreamer said. :smiley: The 'regular' Zombies Run app you can be chased, or just run along, someone in another group recommended it anyways because it's fun even without the zombies chasing after you (because you have to go faster).
    The 5k is the training app that ramps you up to a 5k by getting faster each time, increasing run time, etc. and there is some zombie chasing (though you can't loose anything, that I know of), and collecting gear, etc. My favorite line is "...I don't know another way to phrase army of zombies, but...there's one of those to the west of you"

• Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Sounds fun! Are the zombies chasing you? that would make one walk/run faster! LOL

I haven't done the 5K training, but I use the original Zombies, Run! app, and there is an option to turn on zombie chases if you want to do sprint interval chases. It's something that is separate from the story - so the characters might tell you to "Run!," but you don't actually need to pick up the pace until the computerized voice warns you of immanent zombies. I haven't been caught yet, but it definitely makes me sweat more than one of my regular, non-interval runs!

Oh, man, that sounds like fun! I could definitely get all of my kids into it with that! Lol
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options

It IS pretty great! :smile:
  • zoomtech16
    zoomtech16 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good day today as I was under my calorie goal, and went to Zumba! I am loving my golds gym 7day free pass! I also ate some easter chocolate so it will be gone by tomorrow.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I did well on eating yesterday although I haven't had any exercise except for a little walking to the store. I hope I can have enough time later to exercise. I walked while carrying my toddler this morning but it's just a short walk. I am really not comfortable with my weight right now. My jeans is already tighter around my waist and thighs.
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »

Oh, man, that sounds like fun! I could definitely get all of my kids into it with that! Lol

I'm not very far it, but I do highly recommend it. It's been a lot of fun - because I run at night, I like to keep a familiar route, so the app really adds a bit of excitement to what would otherwise be a banal routine. I alternate Zombies, Run! with regular podcasts, but I definitely look forward to the Zombies evenings (I'll head out in a couple of hours to do my next mission, actually!).
    The only caveat is that the runner needs to be going into with with the idea that it is more "work-out" than video game. I love it, but I can see somebody being disappointed if they were looking for something incredibly story intensive. The story and game elements are there, but they are there to supplement a run, and probably wouldn't stand alone if you were just, like, listening in your bed. :tongue:

• Fizzgig168
    Fizzgig168 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Whelp, I've been sick since the weekend, which means that I've not worked out this week like I meant to. On the bright side, sticking to my calorie limit is a breeze since I have no appetite! Haha.
  • Fizzgig168
    Fizzgig168 Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I haven't done the 5K training, but I use the original Zombies, Run! app, and there is an option to turn on zombie chases if you want to do sprint interval chases. It's something that is separate from the story - so the characters might tell you to "Run!," but you don't actually need to pick up the pace until the computerized voice warns you of immanent zombies. I haven't been caught yet, but it definitely makes me sweat more than one of my regular, non-interval runs!

I love this app! It is so much fun, and I swear I get more of a work out from it because my heart beats twice as fast from the adrenaline of running "from" something lol.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Day 1
    Was higher on the scale than I thought I would be, but oh well. That will be my starting weight for the challenge

Day 2
    Did well with eating, but had a work function and drank alcohol along with everyone so that put me over on calories. No more of those for a while though, so I won't have to deal with trying to fit alcohol into my calories

Looking forward to getting to know everyone in the challenge :)
  • MammaxFive
    MammaxFive Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 2, I did good with staying under my calorie goal, and I burned 360 calories speed walking on the treadmill for 40 mins...yay!! Tomorrow I will hopefully have time for Zumba and sit-ups too.
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    Options
    Fizzgig168 wrote: »

I love this app! It is so much fun, and I swear I get more of a work out from it because my heart beats twice as fast from the adrenaline of running "from" something lol.

Hahah, yes! Sometimes my heart race increases because I pick something up and for a moment I think that I'm about to have to sprint for my life! :mrgreen:

• LogicalDaydreamer
    Options
    In other news, this was a good, active day. Stayed in my calorie goal too boot - I'm starting to notice my pallet (sp?) changing, because I never would have considered kale/spinach/orange/pineapple juice to be a treat, but that's what it has become.
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Day 2, did well with my calorie limit. Went on a walk with the family. But due to most of my house being sick I haven't made it to the gym. Hoping to make it there tomorrow.
  • Callib42
    Callib42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Had a good day today. Was on point with tracking what I ate for the day, and getting my exercise in. Walked 6 miles yesterday so I did weight trainging and eliptical maching today.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Tossed all the Easter candy that was leftover and so glad I did. Everytime I find myself wandering to the fridge I just fill my water glass and leave. Sounds like everyone is doing great, stay focused and keep in touch here.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Day 3
    Stayed within my calorie goal - yay! Even though cake was an option for dessert at dinner, I picked up an asian pear instead :)

My schedule changed so I have to move my work out time to the morning instead of the evening, starting tomorrow. Hopefully I can get myself up on time! ;)
  • NicNakmfp
    NicNakmfp Posts: 15
    Options
    Tossed all the Easter candy that was leftover and so glad I did. Everytime I find myself wandering to the fridge I just fill my water glass and leave. Sounds like everyone is doing great, stay focused and keep in touch here.

Well done you! Water is the way forward... Apparently when you feel hungry, usually it is just because you need water!
This discussion has been closed.