How do you make the most of your calories?

Options
jocelynkyork
jocelynkyork Posts: 16 Member
I am on a 1,260 net calorie diet right now and I am having a hard time making my calories get me through the day. I work at a preschool and a restaurant and I tend to get a midday energy and patience drop that is hard to beat. Of course, the more I exercise, the more calories I earn back, but I live in a tiny apartment and still coming out of Vermont winter so meaningful exercise is also a bit difficult for the next few weeks at least.

Any advice on how to keep my energy and spirits up is appreciated! (I do take Iron and B12 every day, which I was hoping would help more than it does)

Replies

• RockGutCharlie
    RockGutCharlie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been on a 1200-1300 calorie diet for months now (I'm 6"1 and started at 400lb give or take). Given the fact that I wasn't mentally capable (I don't know if its the right term :) ) of only eating 1200 kcal, what I've been doing is juice fasting every other day and eating around 2300 kcal the days I work out. In addition, I found that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting helps me keep hunger and low blood sugar away... The catch is that it's been kind of an emotional roller coaster, so if you work with kids and in a restaurant :# .... Either way make sure you're getting enough "healthy fats", complex carbs and protein, it'll keep hunger in line and boost your energy.. Good luck :) !

47946992.png
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    If you want to look at my diary it's open to friends! I do that nearly every day.
  • jocelynkyork
    jocelynkyork Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Yes, I am coming out of a VERY long winter, which makes it hard enough to keep up my spirits and I am prone to awful migraines (which I actually think will improve with this diet if I do it right), along with working with people and kids all day, taking care of four animals and one very stressed out law student who is about to graduate. Got to keep positive!

I'm feeling good most of the day and find that I have more energy in the morning, which is great. I'm just having the midday cranky attack!

I'll consider doing some of that fasting this summer, when the Vermont produce is juicier and cheaper!