Holidays .... Keep clean and good or enjoy and catch up after ??

Options
jonyb1919
jonyb1919 Posts: 15 Member
Always struggled to not drink to much or over eat ( love pizza !!) on holidays ... I'll be extra good next few weeks ......
What do you do ??????

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I eat "healthy" 80% of the time, and fit portion-controlled treats into my calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

And I never waste my calories on meh food.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jonyb1919 wrote: »
    Always struggled to not drink to much or over eat ( love pizza !!) on holidays ... I'll be extra good next few weeks ......
    What do you do ??????

Eat what I want and as much as I want... What you do the other 48 weeks of the year is more important than the couple of weeks you're on holiday.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    jonyb1919 wrote: »
    What do you do ??????

I thoroughly enjoy my holidays including my food and drink.
  • TheManFromHants
    TheManFromHants Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    enjoy the holidays and back at it hard afterwards.................although not to the point I'm hanging off the equipment :smiley:
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Being good's kinda ingrained now, so I tend to pick the best 'bad' option - although my general rule is enjoy the holiday and deal with the fall-out after :smile:
  • jonyb1919
    jonyb1919 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've found that I'm well motivated this week as I know I put way to much away it being a bank holiday ..... This weekend won't be half as bad....

Plus when I did work out really hard all them moons ago a weekend off really helped re charge ..... I just need to work out hard now !!! :wink:
  • slimmingfairy
    slimmingfairy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This sounds like me!
    Hoping by June I will be much better at guesstimating and be able to make smart choices while away with a bit of ice cream here and there lol
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I actually go on the lines of "log everything, enjoy yourself though" - don't worry about going over your goals but make sure you log everything down.

That way, you know how many calories you've got to make back!

And funnily enough... You'll find that you still exercise moderation because you're logging everything - so it's a win-win!
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    As for guesstimating you'll find that if you eyeball measure it first to what you think it should be, then weigh it to see how close you are... You'll eventually get really good at estimation.

Try play it like a game at each meal you make - where you estimate first, then see how close you got and adjust accordingly.

(I actually do this for lots of things now in real life - I find myself doing it when shopping for food on conveyor belts and guessing how much i've spent vs. the actual cost when it's all ran through. I know, i'm sad).
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I would tend to just enjoy myself on holiday and catch up after (depending how long the holiday lasted!)