how do other mums mange to find time to train? (single mums)

Options
fatbytch
fatbytch Posts: 1 Member
I'm a single mum who works full time and I dont get free weekends, I find it extremely hard to fit in training with my children who won't go into the cache at the gym yet won't stay home while I go. Any ideas or suggestions would be fantastic!!!!

Replies

• MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm not a single mum, but my husband goes away a lot and we have no family nearby (I know that's not the same at all, but it does make it hard to get to the gym!).

I'm doing the 30 day shred at the minute, the videos are on YouTube and are less than 30 minutes a day. I've also downloaded the You Are Your Own Gym app (there's also a book that you can get on kindle) and am doing the shred and a bodyweight workout each evening after my daughter's gone to bed. I'm only on day 2 of the shred (and aching!), but I'm definitely getting stronger from the bodyweight routines :)
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Im a full time student, and work part time and volunteer 4hrs a week at my local hospital. What I've began doing yesterday is to go out for at least 30minutes and take a stroll with my toddler by the beach, she seems to enjoy it a lot. I'll be starting insanity workouts tomorrow. I don't even know yet how i'm gonna manage to do my workouts, but i'm thinking on doing them when my toddler is either taking a nap or just wake up 1hr earlier or once my girl has fallen asleep at night.
  • babytashh
    babytashh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do workouts after my daughter goes to bed. It's not ideal. But it's what works right now. Or I workout while she naps.
  • kmcc144
    kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am a single mom, but do have help from my family. On occasion my parents go out of town and it is just me and the little ones. When that happens, I incorporate my kids into my workouts. I have a 2 year old (35lb) son that I do leg lifts with. Hold my baby (20lbs) while doing squats. Do push-ups with my 3 year old. They all find it very entertaining when I do jumping jacks. Lol It is honestly a lot of fun! We also go for walks and I wear one of the kiddos on my back and push the others in the stroller.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am not single, however, I am mostly responsible for everything house-wise and child-wise. I work full time as well. If I can, I try to get off work early enough to work out before I pick my daughter up from daycare. But sometimes I take her for a walk with me, I generally end up carrying her, but hey- extra oomph to the calorie burn, right?