Any one do ParkRuns

Options

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I do! I have been doing Gladstone Park (London). Done 4 so far and going again tomorrow. Love it!
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Parkruns are great! Taking my son today for his first one. It's his 10th birthday so what better way to celebrate than a half hour run on a muddy path in the rain :-)
  • Pezkin85
    Pezkin85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to start in January! I'll be going once a month to the Poole Park run. Can't do anymore than that as my other half works so I need to find childcare for our kidlets so i'll be paying to go but I desperately want to try it! Just finished the C25k and am starting the 10k one now. A proper park run seems so exciting to me!
  • trijojo_84
    Options
    I do the Finsbury Park one every now and then. Not a morning person though and 9am on a Saturday feels awfully early!
  • RunnerSkip
    RunnerSkip Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple at Mansfield which is run by some really friendly folk and it's a fast course too! I would do more but I do a lot of races on the Sunday's so normally save myself for those.
  • maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes they're awesome! If you have an early night on Friday, easier said than done...
  • neilstone64
    Options
    I do the Danson park(run) in bexley. It's fantastic, the people and the organisation of it all. The fact it caters to all levels is a major plus point. I always tell people wanting to get fitter to register and run. My PB has drop by over 5mins since I started.
  • elliemcc11
    elliemcc11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've signed-up, got my barcode, but there's no NY Day run here at Cuerden Valley (near Chorley). Hope to go on Sat :)
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sadly they don't do them here on the Isle of Man. But keen(ish) runner. Always on the lookout for new running buddies to kick my butt when i am slacking.
  • hantstc
    hantstc Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm planning on doing one tomorrow , first time! I'm a footballer and used to sprint-stop-start so just getting through it is going to be the first aim. Any advice welcome (feel free to add by the way)
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I used to do one in Middlesbrough pre pregnancies. Might get back into it o:)
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I registered a few weeks ago but haven't had a Saturday morning off work lately. Am hoping to get out to it in a couple of weeks - ideally as the weather warms up a little.
  • mariannehgv
    mariannehgv Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Registered for Burgess Park, but moving away now. Bit sad, as it's a lovely park.
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yup - there are a few around me in Nottingham, so I rotate. Great start to the weekend and I always run faster than on my own doing 5k
  • woodybush
    woodybush Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I tried it once and have vowed never to do it again until I can run the full 5k without having to stop before I go back! Was a great atmosphere though.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Harlow parkrunner here :)
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I've done one, in Basildon, can only walk it though because of my injury, oddly enough when I could run I never done one, think it was because they were further away, hoping to go back tomorrow, and walk it, and get it faster than the 1hr 52 seconds last time lol
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    24m06s on Saturday, 51st out of 223. Loved it despite the wind and rain. Was Colwicks 200th run :)
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do one, and my closest would be Basildon too... I'm too nervous though!
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did my first one last Saturday at Abingdon Oxford, loved it, didnt break any records, but now have my own PB to beat 37:03. Loved the fact that is was all ages shapes and sizes. Take your time and enjoy it x