Trigger Finger and Orthopedi / Tendonitis issues anyone?

Options
keeponkickin
keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
OUCH! I have trigger finger. I had this years ago in both of my thumbs and did the surgery to release it. I hear it's more common in diabetics, especially women. Anyone else with this? Also, anyone else with more orthopedic issues as well? I don't have any of the main diabetic complications but I seem to get my share of orthopedic and tendonitis issues.

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I've had dislocated shoulders, but my brother has also and does not have diabetes. I had surgery on one of them after 12 dislocations.

I have trigger finger, but have never seen anyone about it because it doesn't bother me much. It's in my left middle finger.

Also, I get thoracic outlet syndrome issues every now and then. This is quite painful and limits mobility.
  • tmlandgraf
    tmlandgraf Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've had 5 trigger fingers fixed in the last year and a half. My doctor keeps telling me his record is 9 fingers on one person......I am hoping I am done with the 5 I've had fixed.

I also had tendonitis in my left wrist about 9 years ago, which I had to have surgery on as well.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I've had so many orthopedic issues and surgeries it's not funny. My current trigger is in my right middle finger and I'm right handed. I can't fully straighten my finger and it's very painful. I see my primary doc tomorrow to get referred to hand surgeon. I want it fixed. I've had two hip surgeries for FAI, torn meniscus in knee and had surgery for that as well as shoulder surgery. This is officially my 3rd trigger digit after seeing doc today and getting referred to hand surgeon.
  • suehealy61
    suehealy61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have had trigger fingers and thumbs, couldn't even hold my toothbrush, its very painful. I had the surgery to fix it and it has not been an issue since, that was about 10 yrs ago. I have found Classical Stretch on public TV. Its a gentle stretching and strengthening program and has helped me with frozen shoulder and having greater ROM in arms and legs. Recovering from surgery is never fun.