Looking for friends!!

Options
Hey guys! I've just joined back on MFP under a new profile and am looking for some new friends.
I am so happy I've found a Crossfit group too!! CF is my new found passion and I have been doing it for 4 months :)

Bit of background on me - I was on MFP ages ago (like 4 years ago) tracked calories religiously and restricted a lot! I did lots of cardio and some weight training, saw results but had zero energy and was very depleted all the time. NOT HEALTHY!

As I've matured my approach to health and fitness has changed drastically.

When I started Crossfit I decided to do it all at once and went into full on Paleo mode!! I didn't want to have to count calories! Whilst I felt great and had plenty of energy I was over eating on clean food & treating it a lot like Atkins (I soon learnt you can't eat as many sweet potatoes, chicken and bananas as you want!!). Even still with all my eating and calorie surpluses I must have had I only had a slight weight gain.
If I had carried on like that I am sure I would have gained more weight given muscle gains with CF too.

I decided I needed structure with my eating as I do with most things in life.
So i decided to give MFP a go again and see how I got on with Crossfit training plus watching calories and being a little bit more relaxed about what I eat but still eating healthy, clean food.
RESULT :) !!!
I have lost just over 1kg in the last month and retained muscle. I only plan to lose another 1 - 2 kg maximum and then my plan will be to gain muscle and lose fat. I have never done body fat tests etc and would be quite interested to give that a go in say another 3 months.

Anyway I am rambling on a bit now but in a nutshell I am looking for healthy, like minded people to network with online o:)
Looking to learn from others and also share what I have learnt too as I have probably been on every diet possible and have finally found my happy place :smiley:

***My stats are***

Height: 168cm
Weight: 59.5kg
Favourite food: Ribeye Steaks and roast potatoes!!
Weakness: Red wine

Replies

• lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey! What do you think worked best for you with losing weight and doing crossfit as your main exercise? I am trying to drop some weight and just would love any extra advice. LOL and I probably need to cut back on the excessive drinking/eating on the weekends to start LOL
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^that helps. But don't eliminate them alltogether. You gotta have some fun, too.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request :)
  • GabriellaVioletta
    GabriellaVioletta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    lostalykat wrote: »
    Hey! What do you think worked best for you with losing weight and doing crossfit as your main exercise? I am trying to drop some weight and just would love any extra advice. LOL and I probably need to cut back on the excessive drinking/eating on the weekends to start LOL

I've started added some running into my fitness regime which has helped loads. My box is about a 6 minute fairly fast run from my house so I make myself run there and back which is 12mins of extra cardio and found it's helped me over the last 3 weeks. Also I need to have more rest days. I do CF 5 times a week but break it up - 3 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off. On one of my rest days I am going to start doing a very 20 -30 min run and mobility on both days.

Yes I am also one who likes to indulge on the weekends. I never used to log alcohol calories but have started doing it a few times the last few weeks to make myself more conscious about it. Also on the weekends I don't really count calories but try be healthy. I not a big sweet person so I guess that helps!
    Good luck - and remember all in moderation
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Sent you a FR

Regarding alcohol consumption - committing to logging it has had the effect of cutting it out almost completely on me. I just can't cope with the mess it makes of my macros :D I'm slightly OCD...
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Favorite food is ribeye? Friend request sent....
  • GabriellaVioletta
    edited April 2015
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    Favorite food is ribeye? Friend request sent....
    Haha love it
  • GabriellaVioletta
    Options
    Inkratlet wrote: »
    Sent you a FR

Regarding alcohol consumption - committing to logging it has had the effect of cutting it out almost completely on me. I just can't cope with the mess it makes of my macros :D I'm slightly OCD...
    Yeah I'm very tempted to do the same. I have zero will power though!!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I log it. I'm usually short on carbs so it actually helps a bit so long as I don't overdo it.