Quick question - activity level!

Options
rachaelgifford
rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
Hi, I have read the FAQ thread, but I am easily confused so I wondered if somebody could just answer a quick question?

I have had my charge for just under a week, I have synced with MFP and enabled negative calorie adjustments. I have noticed though that I am getting a massive positive calorie adjustment by the end of the day (often about 600-700 cals.

Would this be because I have underestimated my activity level. I am currently set to lightly active, should I be moderately?

So far, I am loving the charge, and finding myself less hungry if I do eat back a few more calories than just my exercise ones.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That is what it means, and that change would lessen the big adjustment, and allow planning a tad better.

But ......

If you go to bed early, it also means MFP is estimating your remaining hrs for the day as rather high calorie burns. So you meet your goal by 9 pm, sit and sleep from then on, you'll likely find the next morning it'll appear you went over by some calories.

Then again, if you learn what this is (and it would always be the same amount about), you just make sure you miss your goal by that much, knowing it'll be adjusted down at midnight.

Then again, if you do a final snack late to meet your goal and Fitbit is syncing up until the end, and go to bed near midnight, no issue.
  • rachaelgifford
    Options
    Ohh - I didn't think about that. I usually have about 600 over and go to bed about 10:30. Looking back over the week I have plenty to spare. I will change the activity level some time!

Thank you for your help :-)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If—and only if—you enable negative calorie adjustments then you can increase your activity level. You'll get a higher calorie goal but smaller adjustments, so you'll still be eating the same number of calories (TDEE minus deficit).

It's entirely a matter of personal preference.
  • rachaelgifford
    Options
    I have already enabled them.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Then you can set your activity level any way you prefer.