04/13 week weigh in!

Options
LoeshaElizabeth
LoeshaElizabeth Posts: 96 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Hi every one! Hope you weeks went well and you are all still feeling motivated and strong. here is my weeks report and reflection, how did you all do?

weightloss so far: 10lb
current weight: 9 stone 4 (130lb)
Target weightloss for april: 7lb
weightloss this week: 2lb
Target weight by 30/04: 8 stone 12 (124)
31/03: 131
07/04: 132
13/04:130
21/04:
30/04:
Other targets:
to no longer be classed as overweight
to start heavy lifting twice a week
to be able to run for 30 mins without having to walk
to buy an outfit for my night out on 1st may in a size 10

How did you feel this week?
had a really good week, exercised like a mad man, doing fitnessblender workouts nearly everyday, and got myself some heavier changeable weight dumbells. also bought a slow cooker so have been having some great dinners

If anything, what did you struggle with?
calorie intake, i try not to eat back my exercise calories but i have been eating back half, i keep picking a sweet things or my sons leftovers (i hate wasting food!) plus now my boyfriend is being healthy its important i do 'proper' dinners (by proper i mean i cant have soup or salad for our main meal) as he works a very physical job and needs to eat around 3000kcal a day. obviously i have a small portion and they are very healthy dinners but at around 500kcal instead of 300kcal it gives me less to use in the day.
I also havnt been able to heavy lift really as i havnt been able to go to the gym (holidays and i go to a college gym). and whenever i run i get reaally sore ankles and shins, IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIP TO STOP THIS I WOULD BE MASSIVELY GRATEFUL! so the 30 min run isnt happening atm

how are you going to try to overcome this next week?
ill be back at college so gym will be a little easier but tbh im not overly bothered as fitness blender workouts are really working for me and its fun doing them with my partner. going to try to pick less and pre log my food so i know what i can and cant have rather than being amazed by the amount of calories in something.

what are you proud of?
working out around 500kcal a day and sticking to a proper effective workout routine involving HIIT, strength training, endurance training and even getting into yoga which i didnt think would be for me. being able to stick to it despite having no opportunity to go gym. getting my boyfriend involved, its really felt like a lifestyle change this week rather than just a temporary fix, going cycling together and planning to go kyacking next week plus going hyking and camping in may :) such an active healthier lifestyle with so much more energy, better for me and my son.

any other notes: i was 9.3 this morning but i tend to fluctuate so thought id stick to 9.4 rather than be disapointed if i go back up :)

Replies

• JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My target for April: -8lbs
    First week: -2
    This week: -1

I ate out 3x this weekend, but also spent all day Sat walking around Boston. And another 2-3hrs walking around Salem on Sunday. I tried to make healthier choices at restaurants (sushi, salads, steak & veggies, 5 buff wings w/no dip)

This week I need to revamp my exercise routine & give 5:2 a try. Here's hoping for 2lbs next week!
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    weightloss so far: --
    current weight: 196
    Target weightloss for april: 10 lbs
    Target weight by 30/04: 186
    31/03: 196
    07/04: 192.8
    13/04: 193.4
    21/04:
    30/04:
    Other targets:

Do 30 minutes of elliptical 5x a week (at least)
    Lose an inch off of my hips maybe?
    Be able to do 20 push ups in one go

I did pretty good on the weekdays, dropping to just under 192, but the weekend kinda screwed me up. I spent two days straight working on costuming, and ended up eating fast food both days (for 1-2 meals each day). But I'm still under what I started at, so that's nice!

I was a bit too busy to exercise, and I wasn't as conscious about what I was eating as I should have been. But oh well, that's just one weekend! I can make up for it.

how are you going to try to overcome this next week?
    Starting off this week at work with a food day, so I'm hoping to make good choices about what I eat especially today. After today, I'll just be focusing on good food choices and hopefully getting back into my exercising. I'm in crunch time for a convention, so I'm quite short on time. Fingers crossed!
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Weightloss so far: 2.8lbs
    Current weight: 9 stone 8 (137.6lb)
    Target weightloss for April: 7lb
    Target weight by 30/04: 9 stone 2lb (130lb)
    31/03: (or whatever day you begin) 137.6lbs

07/04: 134.2lbs (although i was drinking last night as an early birthday celebration, and even though i don't feel hungover or particularly dehydrated, i always seem to gain back a couple of pounds after a day of re-hydrating myself. So the reason i seem to have lost so much is in fact probably dehydration and my actual weight this morning should be 136.2lbs. I'll edit it tomorrow if it is any different!).

14/04: 134.8lbs
    21/04:
    30/04:

Other targets:

•To fit in to the pair of jeans which have been taunting me with their tightness ever since I bought them

•To not be dreading bikini season so much, because I will be well on my way to a bikini fabulous body!

•To not have one of my 'binging episodes' for the entire month

How did you feel this week? It was my birthday last week so I spent the whole week being treated by family and friends, so I'm not surprised about a little gain-I expected it to be more than that!

If anything, what did you struggle with? I ended up having a bit of a binge Sunday night, but it was my first one in ages and nowhere near the amount I usually binge, so I'm not too worried about that either.

How are you going to try to overcome this next week? Finding ways to distract myself, or binge on something more filling and healthier than chocolate!

What are you proud of? Not gaining as much as I usually would have being in the situation I was in all week, having no routine as I was off work and doing 'birthday' things which pretty much all involved food or drinking.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen the results I wanted to, but it's getting there. My knees are a bit sore, so it's put a bit of a hamper on my daily walks. Hopefully they are better soon, so I can really get back after it. I still think I can get to my goal!

4/1: 168
    4/7: 166.1
    *week 1 loss... 1.9 lbs

4/14: 163.9
    *week 2 loss... 2.2 lbs
    *Total: 4.1 lb loss

4/21:
    *week 3 loss...
    *Total:

4/30:
    *week 4 loss...
    *Total:

***April goal...10 lb loss... 158 lbs
  • hepeful
    hepeful Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weight-loss so far: 3.8 lbs
    Current weight: 233.2 lbs
    Target weight-loss for April: 8 lb
    Target weight by 4/30: 229 lbs
    3/31: 237 lbs
    4/07: 235.4 lbs
    4/14: 233.2 lbs
    4/21:
    4/30:

After an indulgent Friday/Saturday I was strict the rest of the week, so I'm happy I still managed to lose. Yeah me!

Eating out and gathering with friends is harder than I thought it would be. I tracked as much as I could but decided not to beat myself up for it. I still think I made wise decisions, I took smaller portions and didn't fill my plate to capacity. I decided to try the mantra I've set for my kids "take a small amount, then if you're still hungry after you've eaten everything you can always go back for more". Turns out, I wasn't really hungry enough for seconds. :D

Next week ...
    Adding in more activity is still my hope, I bought a new "comfy" seat for my new bike. I'll get it on this weekend and try it out with my son.
  • ritchiehl
    ritchiehl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Weight-loss so far: 1 lb
    Current weight: 164 lbs
    Target weight-loss for April: 5 lb
    Target weight by 4/30: 160 lbs
    3/31: 165 lbs
    4/07: 164 lbs
    4/14: 164 lbs
    4/21:
    4/30:

so I didn't lose this week but I didn't gain either! kinda saw it coming. I was away for military training and that means I wasn't doing meal prep or anything like that. portions were definitely off. and my regular workouts weren't being done. either way. this is a new week!
  • rnasm
    rnasm Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    weightloss so far: 16kg
    current weight: 81.2 kg (on 31 Mar)
    Target weightloss for april: 7lb (3kgs)
    Target weight by 30/04: 78kgs

Aim to increase weekly weight loss average to 0.5kgs/week (1.1lb)

31/03: (or whatever day you begin) 81.2kg
    07/04: 80.7kg (loss of 0.5kg)
    14/04: 79.7kg (loss of 1kg)!!!!!!!
    21/04:
    30/04:

Other targets:
    (Met)Decrease net calorie to 1150 (with calories eaten not more than 1450)
    Increase exercise:
    (Met)- 20 min excercise per day (circuit+cardio) (not including stretching)
    (Half Met)- two days a week add minimum 10 min of more intensive exercise
    (Not met) Buy an elliptical machine (I know not really "goal" but I have been postponing it for months)

How did you feel this week:
    Lighter! :smiley:
    I actually felt bad on my free day! so maybe I will just add something lighter instead of skipping altogether

Challenges:
    Overall, feeling good. Urge to snack returned a little. But I discovered a snack that is a life saver: "Lotus caramalised biscuits", 30cal each. Totally satisfy the urge for something not so good for me and crunchy!

I didn't really add the exercises that I wanted, but I added new ones that I had previously skipped, and did them for 3 times this week :smile: (and my regular routine on the other days)
    I replaced my regular routine with a new one for these days. For next week: Add more time.

What are you proud of:
    Exercising has become a habit again. also, adding new things that I avoided previosly.
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    weight loss so far: 15 lbs(started in October 2014)
    current weight: 132.8
    Target weight loss for April: 6.4
    Target weight by 4/30: 130
    3/31: 136.4
    4/7: 134.2
    4/14: 132.8
    4/21:
    4/30:

Last week was pretty hit and miss. I was shocked to see the scale drop to where it did. I am starting to be able to wear pants that I have been holding on for "someday..." I managed to exercise most days last week and went crazy on Saturday with lots of house work, yard work. My eating wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't horrible. I struggle with late night snacking so that is what I am going to work on this week.

• liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    4/8: 144.2lb
    4/14:143.2lb
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight (3/31): 197
    Goal Weight (4/30): Under 192

4/1:197
    4/8: 195.4
    4/15: 194.8
    4/22:
    4/30:

I wasn't as happy this week with my loss as I was last week, but a loss is a loss so I will take it. Truth is I struggled over the weekend, unhealthy dinner Friday night followed by some jelly beans while I did my homework...I did move a lot and will keep it up I have walked everyday on my lunch hour and I feel better. Working on planning lunches for the next two weeks so I can continue to eat healthy!
  • mjhellmers
    mjhellmers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Name: Mike
    Height: 6'3"
    Starting Weight (4/1): 261
    Goal Weight (4/30): Under 250

4/1: 261
    4/8: 263.4
    4/15: 261.6
    4/22:
    4/30:

Loss/gain for the week: -1.8
    Loss/gain for the month so far: +0.6

Struggles or successes of your week: I finally worked off all of my Easter weight, then my wife and I went out to eat for our anniversary this past Saturday AND took Sunday off. So I was back up 4 lbs. this past Monday. I have almost worked off that weight gain. I have finally learned to not beat myself up over these little slips. I keep looking at the overall picture and know that I am nowhere near the person I was a few months ago. I am still down 50 lbs. since January 4th.

I also had a big NSV (non-scale victory) this weekend. I lost a lot of weight the summer of ’05 and had to buy new clothes. As I started gaining the weight back through the years, I had to buy bigger clothes again. I put the “skinny” clothes in a box in hopes I would need them again. I dug that box out this weekend to try them on and they fit! That confidence booster keeps me motivated to continue the journey. When I first started in January, my jeans/pants were getting very tight and some I could not fit into anymore. Today, they are falling off of me and I now have all of the clothes from that box.

My plan this week is to keep hitting my calorie goal every day, keep drinking water, and keep exercising. My goal is to be under 260 for next Wednesday.