Piyo

Options
missbouncegb
missbouncegb Posts: 11 Member
Hi guys - anybody else in this challenge group doing Piyo as part of their workout schedule? I started the program on 6th and after a week, LOVE the results I'm getting. Feeling so strong and already seeing some changes around my tummy area. Determined to get a few abs on show this summer and I think between this and P90 (which I'm currently on week 8 of), I have a sneaky chance. :-)

Replies

• taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    What is Piyo?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I've heard people love it but I'm also not familiar with it. Anything that brings results I'd love to try!
  • missbouncegb
    Options
    It's a system developed by Chalene Johnson (of TurboFire and ChaLean Extreme fame) - Beachbody released it last year and it's a 60 day program incorporating pilates and yoga. But it's much faster and used your body weight to strengthen and tone. A really great workout and different to a lot of other home-video programs out there. Definately recommend!
  • kmcc144
    kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo! I occasionally meet my brother at the gym and we take a piyo class together. I didn't realize there was a system out like that- I think that is something I will look into!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I may have to look into that - can it be done in a small space?
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've just started it as well - I'm on Week II. I like it when I'm not doing it, hahaha, although mid work-out I am cursing my complete lack of flexibility! :tongue:
  • missbouncegb
    Options
    Can definitely be done in a small space. As long as you have room to lay down a yoga mat and a small amount of space on either side, you're good to go. :-)
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Can definitely be done in a small space. As long as you have room to lay down a yoga mat and a small amount of space on either side, you're good to go. :-)

Affirmative! My room is about as tiny as it gets, and I've been doing the workouts in the aisle between my bed and dresser. Sometimes I have to hit pause to change angles, but I can still make it work. :tongue:

• ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Affirmative! My room is about as tiny as it gets, and I've been doing the workouts in the aisle between my bed and dresser. Sometimes I have to hit pause to change angles, but I can still make it work. :tongue:

I have a small isle between my bed and dresser too. I have a rug there that's about the size of a yoga mat and there is room on each side, so it sounds like it could do it. Thanks! :)