Group side goal week 2

Options
SilverStormi
SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
Wow out of everyone that posted there miles from last week it totaled 273.07! Way to go.

Also a quick reminder when entering your total miles please enter them in the 'week # total miles' column. If you enter it in the overall total miles (column J) it messes with the formula set to pull all your weekly totals.

I only did 9 miles last week and would really like to get mine up to 12 miles walked or ran this week. The temps are finally becoming nice and spring looks like its here. Also hopefully this week I can have the bike I picked up at a garage sale last fall tuned up and it looks like a tire might need to be patched then I can start riding again.

Replies

• CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'd like to encourage everyone to "step up our game" this week by running/ walking/ riding one mile more than your personal total for last week. Let's see if we can top 300 miles for this week! We can do it!
  • classysassy4ever70
    classysassy4ever70 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    :) gonna try... going for a nice long walk to day!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Plan on a hike today so that should not be a problem. :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to post mine (and my weight). Will go do that now.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    So sorry, SilverStormi, but I think I just screwed up my line. I saw the Total Miles column and didn't see the "miles week one" column at first so just assumed we'd be updating the first one and overrode the formula with my total.

Hope it's not too much of a pain to fix.
  • SilverStormi
    Options
    Not a problem. Thats an easy fix. Yay I just looked and more people have logged last week. We did 311 miles overall!
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Well I only did 6 miles last week. I did a 3.5 mile hike yesterday. My goal is to get closer to 10 this week.
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    t2ifxqgqqjey.jpg
    I was on mini vacation so I have 45 miles so far this week between walking and biking.. ( can't get into spreadsheet on phone)... Bike trail planned tomorrow
  • CumberlandGrammy
    Options
    Vacation miles are the best! Enjoy, barbhat13!
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm coming in kinda late this week. But, I'm going to be doing all the miles I can with my injuries. Cumberland, thanks for spurring us on to do an extra mile this week. :) Lisa (silverstormi), I hope you have been able to get your bike out and get it tuned up. That was a good place to get a bike at an affordable price. I want to get a bike one day when I can afford it. I think it would be so nice to ride outside in the air and look around.
  • barbhat13
    Options

I know! Next week is my birthday week...3 day vacation planned with kayaking, glorious beach walks and rides, and boogie boarding! But last year birthday celebration was so laden down with eating out and junk food and sweets that i lost my focus and almost gained all weight lost. So this year I have declared a sweet free birthday! I am refocused....
  • SilverStormi
    Options
    Barb - enjoy your vacation :)

Amy - I will be dropping my bike off tomorrow hopefully. At least that's the plan. It just a basic mountain bike that to me looked to be in good shape and the people were only asking $10. I have my fingers crossed that it doesnt really need any work or anything once I bring it down.

So far this week all my miles have been from me going to the rescue.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Oh, so jealous/happy for you for the wonderful biking, Barb.
  • amy_kee
    Options
    barbhat13 wrote: »

I know! Next week is my birthday week...3 day vacation planned with kayaking, glorious beach walks and rides, and boogie boarding! But last year birthday celebration was so laden down with eating out and junk food and sweets that i lost my focus and almost gained all weight lost. So this year I have declared a sweet free birthday! I am refocused....

Oh barb, that seems like the most wonderful birthday vacation!! You have lots of nice, interesting activities as part of your birthday/vacation excursion. How fabulous that you declared this year's birthday fun to a focused, sweet free birthday occasion. WTG!
  • amy_kee
    Options
    Barb - enjoy your vacation :)

Amy - I will be dropping my bike off tomorrow hopefully. At least that's the plan. It just a basic mountain bike that to me looked to be in good shape and the people were only asking $10. I have my fingers crossed that it doesnt really need any work or anything once I bring it down.

So far this week all my miles have been from me going to the rescue.

Lisa, that was an excellent price for your bike!! Maybe the people that were selling it just wanted a newer model bike. Hopefully, it won't cost too much to get your bike worked on and in good running order.

You going to the rescue is really a good thing for you, I see. It's so kind of you too. :smile:
  • amy_kee
    Options
    I did better the 2nd half of this week. I really wanted to beat my miles from last week---LOL...even though they are kind of pitiful in the amount of miles. I've never tracked my miles, since I used to run many years ago. I like this new type of goal.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I am using the total miles per week I get from that as I do Zumba, Step and Kick box and other classes that aren't exactly running or walking.

• CumberlandGrammy
    Options
    We are looking good, everyone! I did exceed my previous week's miles by 2.9 miles. I haven't been able to work in any cycling the past three days as I have been working extra hours waiting tables. Wish I had s pedometer to count the miles I walked on the job! On my feet 6 hrs straight Fri night, 10 hrs on Sat (with a 5 min break Sri sit), and another 8 hrs today. Just toooooo tired! I'll start my week three miles tomorrow. I am aiming for 3 miles over this week's total. What personal challenge will you set for yourself?
  • barbhat13
    edited April 2015
    Options
    CumberlandGrammy.....I work 12hrs in an ER... Pocket pedometer shows close to 5 miles for me. Probably more for you!
    I did 60 outside miles this week.... Bike and walk... This week would like to increase outside walking miles....
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Managed to make my Sunday tri-training ride, so extra miles this week. Now I just need to (a) start bike commuting again, and (b) stop being scared of riding with my new clipless pedals outside.