any moms doing insanity?

Options
Alysie746
Alysie746 Posts: 9 Member
Hi! Im a SHAM to a lovely 2 year old and 8 month old. Im just getting back into mfp and working out. I want to loose a minimum of 20 lbs but ideally 30. Insanity seemed like a good workout to try as I really like pushing myself. Im a few days in and its really kicking my butt! I was wondering if other moms had used it and did you enjoy it or see the results you were hoping for? Also feel free to add me as a friend, I love seeing what others are doing and encouraging them on their journey!

Replies

• Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I actually used it right before I was pregnant and dropped 20 pounds in 1 month. They call it insanity for a reason! I have done tons of different circuit workouts and classes and quite honestly nothing compares. I just recently started doing T-25 since I have a 5 month at home and can't dedicate the full hour to Insanity. Totally worth the time and money though :)
  • Alysie746
    Options
    That's one of my issues, I get 45 min in and someone wakes up from their nap. I figure something is better than nothing at least.
  • susansammons
    susansammons Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the group and I'm doing both T 25 and Insanity. Also walking because I can't get this weight off. My goal is drop 30 pounds by June 14. We are going on vacation.
  • colle78
    colle78 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this group and doing T25 for the 2nd time and love it. Get results in short time. Fell off the wagon last time and didn't finish but not this time! Only 25 mins!!!
  • Alysie746
    Options
    I'm very interested in the T25 as insanity time wise is a bit of a challenge. How do they compare?
  • iiasok6
    iiasok6 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Im a mother of 2 under 2 so I completely understand not always having 45 mins to workout.

I did insanity before I was pregnant with decent results. I tried doing it again after having the babies but I don't always have time to do a full workout. So I don't feel I am getting the full potential out of it now.

I started doing this 30 day challenge that seems to be pretty good. You can find it at TheBettyRocker.com or Betty Rocker on Facebook. She of course tries to sell you the meal plan but you can opt out (which I opted out of) and the workouts are (free) emailed to you everyday. They are 15 mins long so you can do them 2 or 3 times if you want or if you only have 15 mins to fit a work out in you can. I am 5 days in and some workouts she will kick your butt. Just something to look into.
  • algingher
    algingher Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it today and I plan to start this coming Monday if it arrives by then! Right now I'm doing a mix of Jillian Michaels. I, too have about 20-30 pounds to lose!
  • jess7202015
    jess7202015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started insanity max 30 which is the new and impro5. It's only 5 days a week and 30 mins. I'm on day 4 tofay it's intense! I feel like a 100 year lady that's been hit by a semi and I'm 33 lol! But it's a good pain. I'm going to push through for the 60 days. Lost 4 pounds already