Daily Check In - April - Wed 15th thru Sun 19th

Options
AmeeSandhu
AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
For starters, I thought I would get this going.

I ran tonight since I laid in bed, looking at my phone instead of working out this morning. I plan on getting rid of that bad habit, of course, with this group therapy board. On rest day(s), I plan on using yoga or foam rolling to keep me in the morning habit.

If I'm not back in the morning, you have permission to egg my house. Shameful waste of protein but it's your choice.

Replies

• RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    I was on my Concept 2 rowing machine at 5:00 am, took a Pilates class at 9:00, hour walk afternoon, then a Barre class this evening.
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I ran this evening as well. First time in a long while! (I've been very good at finding excuses lately.) The way I'm feeling right now, a little light stretching or yoga may be all I'll be able to pull off tomorrow morning! My goal is to be up and in motion by 5:00.
    Options
    I ran this evening as well. First time in a long while! (I've been very good at finding excuses lately.) The way I'm feeling right now, a little light stretching or yoga may be all I'll be able to pull off tomorrow morning! My goal is to be up and in motion by 5:00.
    Way to hang tough and get that run in !!!
  • shorthand73
    Options
    I was on my Concept 2 rowing machine at 5:00 am, took a Pilates class at 9:00, hour walk afternoon, then a Barre class this evening.

That's an impressive day! Way to go!

Options

That's an impressive day! Way to go!
    Thank you !!!

• shorthand73
    Options
    Only did some stretching this morning (30 min DVD), but was out of bed at 5 to get it done. Baby steps, right? :blush:
    Options
    Only did some stretching this morning (30 min DVD), but was out of bed at 5 to get it done. Baby steps, right? :blush:
    Yep, you did it, that's the main thing !!!
    Options
    April 16th -

5:00 am- Rowing machine for 45 minutes, have a 1 hour Hatha Yoga class at 9:00, a 1 hour Pilates class at 6:00pm, then a 1 hour Rest and Restore class at 7:15pm. Maybe some weight lifting or Spinning between, who knows !! ?? I know we're concentrating on " morning " workouts, but maybe if someone sees that an, " oldster," can exercise for 2 - 5 hours, they will be motivated to push a bit harder, or see that aging doesn't have to mean sedentary.
  • lilahk95
    lilahk95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Got my JM dvd workout on this morning at 4:30 am. Maybe I'll jump on the treadmill this evening...
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    lilahk95 wrote: »
    Got my JM dvd workout on this morning at 4:30 am. Maybe I'll jump on the treadmill this evening...

4:30am! That makes my head hurt! lol! Great job! I used to get up that early to get a good treadmill at the gym. Seems forever ago!

Bill and Shorthand...impressive! Shorthand, baby steps for the win!

I told my husband last night that if I didn't workout in the morning, "That I'm supposed to kick you out of bed?", he asked. I explained that no, I would feel stupid. So thanks to you guys here, I made my way out of bed at 6am to the treadmill and did my running workout for the day. Afterwards, I had a brief stretching session on my yoga mat with my cat. The cat that ignores me until the yoga mat comes out.

Oh and Oldster Bill, ;) you're absolutely right! One of my motivations is to be active well into my 90s.

Options
    AmeeSandhu wrote: »

4:30am! That makes my head hurt! lol! Great job! I used to get up that early to get a good treadmill at the gym. Seems forever ago!

I told my husband last night that if I didn't workout in the morning, "That I'm supposed to kick you out of bed?", he asked. I explained that no, I would feel stupid. So thanks to you guys here, I made my way out of bed at 6am to the treadmill and did my running workout for the day. Afterwards, I had a brief stretching session on my yoga mat with my cat. The cat that ignores me until the yoga mat comes out.

Oh and Oldster Bill, ;) you're absolutely right! One of my motivations is to be active well into my 90s.
    Yaaaay, great work, Amee !!!!

Options
    Way to kick off your day !!!

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    AmeeSandhu wrote: »

Well done everyone.

I may have to change my rest day from what the Turbo Fire schedule says. Having it in the middle of the week throws me all off. The scheduled rest day was yesterday, so I wanted another one today. But, I got up and fired up my workout. Once I started it was okay... I guess getting up and moving at 5 AM is the hardest part!

Amee-- for what it's worth, getting a little extra push from the hubby isn't so bad. Mine sort of serves as my fitness conscience, haha. He doesn't kick me out of bed, but he does firmly but lovingly suggest I get my butt outta bed and get my sweat on!

• AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Bookworm, I hear ya. Mine is very supportive and would kick me out of bed if I asked him too but if I even slightly whimpered that I was tired, he would insist I stay in bed and get more sleep. lol!
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Ok Friday. That makes two days in a row that I've worked out in the morning! That's three days this week and I think that makes a total of four days this month! ;)
  • Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HAHAHHAHAHA yeah Bookworm and Amee, my boyfriend is the same way. That's why I workout as soon as I get home from work. I am just about the worst morning person I know. I also have to get up at 5am just to make it to work, so getting up at 4am for a workout would NEVER happen.... lol.....
  • Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This week I have been super busy so I didn't make it on here to post my daily workouts, must do better next week!!!
    I went to my step class and walked/jogged the dogs Wednesday, took Thursday off from structured workouts to clean out a larger space to do my workouts in but I still walked/jogged the dogs, and I am planning on doing a workout tonight as well as taking the dogs for their walk/jog. I will post later whether I got my workout in or not.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Great job, you two! Muery, I hope you can get done what you're planning for the evening!

I woke up so sleepy and my back was a little snarly (I hurt it in 2013 doing Insanity and it still acts up now and then), so I was planning to go back to sleep. The fitness gods, however, had other plans. For some crazy reason, Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was stuck in my head and I knew that going back to sleep was not to be. So, I got some Turbo Fire done and am feeling good.... we'll see if I'm paying for it later for my back, haha.

Happy Friday!
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well, I've managed one work out so far this week, which is one more than previously so I'm happy with that. I didn't get a workout done this evening, but I will increase the amount I will walk tomorrow to make up for it.

Jillian will wait until Sunday, she's good like that.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Muery wrote: »
    HAHAHHAHAHA yeah Bookworm and Amee, my boyfriend is the same way. That's why I workout as soon as I get home from work. I am just about the worst morning person I know. I also have to get up at 5am just to make it to work, so getting up at 4am for a workout would NEVER happen.... lol.....

I work best on 9 hours of sleep a night. Not that it happens all the time, but less than 8 hours and things start going downhill quickly. 7 hours? You're pushing it. 6 hours...all those around me better run for their lives.