Daily check-in Week 2 ~ April 13th - 19th

Options
124»

Replies

• LJFJ
    LJFJ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well, I went to the Texas Roadhouse with a friend last night. We had planned it for almost a month. My home-care nurse told me to go and enjoy myself, not focusing on calories and such. Okay... I did that (I always follow orders, after all); even had a Margarita! I ate almost 4500 calories just for dinner! Yep, up 2 pounds today and blood sugar is high, but I knew it would be so it hasn't disappointed me or frustrated me. However, a friend is coming over in about 17 minutes for coffee and donuts (ugh) and the friend I had dinner with last night wants to go out for dessert tonight, since we were too full last night. So... off to the Coldstone Creamery tonight. Okay... I'm set. I know this isn't my "new" life; it's a two-day detour. My new life is weight loss, eating healthier, and getting blood sugar and A1C under control. Considering I've been at this less than a week, I'm thinking more logically and clearly.

I had groceries delivered yesterday, and I bought some good foods. I split the meats into portion-controlled bags and froze them right away. I bought delicious produce, including apples, strawberries, and bananas (wanted a cantaloupe, but it was $4!), green beans, lettuces, mushrooms, onions, sweet potatoes and Russet potatoes, and low-fat milk... I grocery shop once a month. And I didn't buy any butter! This is a first! I was thrilled when the groceries came, as I've been trying so hard to use up the full-fat, full-sugar stuff. My physical therapist told me to rinse the heavy-syrup canned fruit, and that will lose half the sugar. She gave me other ideas, too, and was very supportive.

Two days is nothing, compared to an upcoming life of better health.
  • conetah24
    conetah24 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    have dropped 6 pounds since Monday, started in on some weights again after about 3 weeks off from the start of football season. Took a team mate to the gym who has never really lifted in his life and showed him the ropes or at least how I do it. Feeling good hopefully I can pull another pound by monday but with a road game up in Idaho it is hard to keep track sometimes.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    focused5 wrote: »
    Checking in for Friday, April 17. I had a gain over last weekend (emotional eating, much?) and am only now back down to my starting weight... Kinda frustrating but trying to push through. Working on a meal/plan of eating to help give myself some framework.

I had a weekend like that recently - it was the weekend just before this challenge started actually. Ended up several pounds and just recently got back to the weight I was before that weekend. And now I'm a pound less than that, so things are headed in the correct direction this time :)

Keep your chin up - you're back at it and that's what matters! :smiley:
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Funny how weight fluctuates. 2 lbs. up yesterday, 2 lbs. down today. I'm focusing on the way my clothes fit and my "fat pants" are getting slightly looser. Yes, I was actually fatter than my fat pants but refused to go a size up. That is what made me say enough is enough!! Now I'm looking better in my fat pants. LOL. So, that's my victory for this week. Down 3 lbs. since the start of the challenge.
  • Fizzgig168
    Fizzgig168 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I seem to do more of an "every other day check-in" than a "daily check-in," but I guess whatever works, right?
    I've been doing pretty damn good this week. I've run twice and done two non-running workouts, and I've stayed under my calorie limit every day. Of course, I forgot that I was starting over from scratch with working out so I pushed too hard and am in lots of pain now, but that's... kind of typical for me, haha. I'll be more careful this week. It's also typical that even though I've been doing so well all week, my weight is up instead of down. I know it's water weight, because I know my body, and I know that as long as I don't let it discourage me and keep going the way I have been the weight will come off.... but damn is it frustrating to be doing all the right things and watching the scale go the wrong way!
  • groovigyrl
    Options
    Fizzgig168 wrote: »
    . but damn is it frustrating to be doing all the right things and watching the scale go the wrong way!

Don't put too much weight on that scale! Pun intended. ;) Pay more attention to the way your clothes fit. I'm in the same boat. I wish that I wasn't a slave to that evil scale! It doesn't mean a thing when your clothes fit better. Focus on that. Keep up the great work!!!
  • Fizzgig168
    Fizzgig168 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    @groovigyrl That is excellent advice, but sadly for me my clothes fit exactly the same right now. It always takes a while for my body to start changing when I start being good about diet and exercise again. The first month is always this same exact struggle: I'm doing everything right and nothing's changing. I know that next month I'll make great progress (can you tell it's not my first time in this rodeo? lol!), I just have to push through this month. What I'm trying (as of this morning when I thought of it, haha) is to focus on what my body can do more than anything else. My muscles all ache intensely, and that means that next week I'll be able to do more with my body than I could this week. That's what I'm focusing on. That's my goal. Be strong. Be fast. Throw better punches. Have better balance. Those things will progress at a steadier rate than my weight or body shape, and to me they're more important anyway, so I just have to keep my focus there :)
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    HI, Im Juliana! I'm new to this group and eager to accomplish my goals. I know its a late sign up but I'm in this 110%. Started my current weight loss journey a couple months ago and have only seen minimal results. Determined to trim my diet plan a little and get back on track. Have lost significant weight a couple years ago and have gradually gained it back. Both parents have type 2 diabetes and I am trying to learn from their mistakes. Love "clean eating" as a personal choice because it helps keeps my skin and mind clear, I also love to cook with fresh produce - I have an open journal for friends so please feel free to add me if you are a veghead too :) .

Have a great weekend
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've been posting my daily progress. Exciting news for me is that I'm 10lbs down from my MFP start weight. I waited until the scale said so for 2 days in a row before believing it. :blush:

Been doing well for the past several days, staying under my calories and working out in the morning. Didn't get up early enough to work out this morning so will have to find time during the day to fit one in.

Hope everyone has a great day! :smiley:
  • MammaxFive
    MammaxFive Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever done a tea detox? Did you like it? Did it help with bloat and weight loss?
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I haven't been checking in every day; every 2-3 it seems. Bit I've been doing great! Staying under my calorie goal every day, drinking 9-12 glasses of water every day, exercising at least 6 days a week, and slowly but surely watching those numbers on the scale getting lower and lower. Today I am super stoked about running 1.5 miles straight! I'm supposed to take a rest day tomorrow with my C25K, but I skipped a few days when my knees were sore (wrong shoes, wrong running form, and over doing it), and the run I did today was supposed to be done yesterday. I think I'm going to go ahead and do my next workout tomorrow, so that I can be back on track. Don't worry, though. Its just a 45 min brisk walk/slow jog, and I've been doing that on a regular basis anyways, since the first part of March. Except that it's usually for at least an hour. There's a 5K coming up in a month. My program won't quite be done by then, but I think I'm going to sign up anyways. I'll be in the 2.5 mile weeks anyways, so surely I can manage an extra half mile at that point. And if not, I can always walk some if I need to.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Started off going and feeding the ducks at 6:20 this morning and taking a walk around the pond. Came home had breakfast and hubby and I headed out to the farmers market. I really look forward to trying new veggies every week. We had rain on and off all afternoon and storms coming through tonight. I really have to get back on track with exercise this week. No excuses
  • chood100
    chood100 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Been neglecting my diary a bit this week as I know I have had too much chocolates in work and cake so made my commitment today to get back on this as the last challenge made a big difference so want to keep going! I did get a long run and some daily walking which I know helps :) good luck everyone!
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    We ate out today but I managed to mind my food selections and control portions. I thought I was gonna go over my calorie limit. I feel so proud of myself.

I am doing pretty good this week so I am excited for week3 weigh in. I am not expecting a huge loss but I am still glad to be making a little progress considering I've been eating badly for 2 months already. I am also happy because I completed one week of pretty good eating. I could never get past 3 days for the last 2 months before this challenge.
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This has been a rough week. The day after my initial weigh in here, we went on vacation for a week and I gained 10 lbs!! (yes I can do that. I am the best weight gainer ever!) So that week lost, then this past week I have been busting my butt to get it off. (drinking water, cardio, etc.) So I posted my weight today and it showed a 1lb increase from start weight but hey I'll take it. Remind me not to do that again. LOL. The big worry is that we have a 2 week trip to Mexico coming up in 3 weeks. I have already been working on a game plan I plan to print out, LAMINATE, and stick it on the bathroom mirror there. Overall this week was good though. Just stuck to the basics, clean food, no frills. It worked! =)
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Week 2, it's been a good week. I asked my husband to do the grocery list this week, to take stress off of me. I asked to add a ton of veggies. He made us lasagna that had mushrooms and peppers so far and it was really yummy. I've been trying to eat healthier snacks like grapes with cheese. I've been skipping on doing cardio because I've been doing a hooping challenge. I ran on the treadmill last night. I'm going to start adding cardio back and see if that helps me get past 175.
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Challenge Starting Weight – 179.6 lbs

Week 2: 176.5 lbs
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Week 5:
    Week 6:
    Week 7:
    Week 8:
    Week 9:
    Week 10:
    Week 11:
    Week 12:
    Week 13:

To target: 176.5-159.6 = 16.9 lbs

Cheers all!
  • groovigyrl
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MammaxFive wrote: »
    Has anyone ever done a tea detox? Did you like it? Did it help with bloat and weight loss?

Hi. No I haven't done a tea detox but from what I've read, it sounds like it's very beneficial. I'm not a tea person, so I hope that someone can answer your question. I do my own thing every morning. I make a drink with hot water, lemon, organic apple cider, honey, and cinnamon. I have found that It's really helping! I don't feel like I need my morning coffee anymore! My energy has increased and it's helping burn calories. Much healthier than coffee and doesn't dehydrate you! Win, win! And I'm definitely not bloated anymore!

Let us know how the tea detox goes, if you do it. Hope someone else can add some input.
This discussion has been closed.