Any of the 494 members of this group still active? Just wanted to say "hey"!

Options
kimmers100
kimmers100 Posts: 11 Member
Was hoping to connect with some people in the same boat as I'm in. Have been checking back daily and have gotten a few responses but I don't see much activity.

Replies

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm active… but I don't get into the groups as much. Usually because they are not active! I try to keep my eye on them though and respond when I can.
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I am not a thread-starter. In fact, I mostly lurk. I respond occasionally. I'll pop in every few weeks, see that no one has posted anything new, and then be on my way.
    Kind of selfish, I guess.
  • kimmers100
    Options
    Well kudos for us!!! We all tip-toed out of our comfort zones!!! Nice to see you both!
  • mstortie
    mstortie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am just coming back so I will say hi and to let everyone know that despite everything I have maintained a 31 lb loss over a year now and for me that is amazing and i wish i could say how i did it when so many other times i failed I just don't know
  • kimmers100
    Options
    mstortie wrote: »
    i am just coming back so I will say hi and to let everyone know that despite everything I have maintained a 31 lb loss over a year now and for me that is amazing and i wish i could say how i did it when so many other times i failed I just don't know

That is a major accomplishment! Congrats! You may not know what you did but sounds like you put in hard work and took care of yourself! Way to go!

• Shamrockettes
    Shamrockettes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm here! I sound like a lot of you, mostly lurking, mostly reading, but glad to see folks here :-).
    I must say I am NOT motivated at all to exercise sadface :'(:*
    aAnyone still here that does Atkins?
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm here!
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I flit in and out from time to time. But don't really pay attention to the quiet groups, sadly.
  • soplac79
    soplac79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP daily but very rarely on the groups.
  • ThisKittyRawrs
    Options
    I've been MIA from MFP for the past year, but I've been back on my diet for a month and have lost 10 Ibs! I'm hoping I can find friends to connect with and keep me on focused on my goals. I wish you all luck with your weight loss goals. Take care!
  • NicolePorter76
    NicolePorter76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm looking for some friends and accountibilibuddy's
  • lizzieollie502
    lizzieollie502 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I am restarting MFP and I need to loose more than 200 lbs and could use friends that understand the struggle.
  • Shamrockettes
    Options
    hey there group or anyone that's reading lol I need to vent to people who will understand... I have lost 30 pounds and I can't even tell... How in the heck do I expect anyone else to tell? I am very proud of myself but I am frustrated at the same time! I have so much to lose I don't even feel like I've taking a splinter out yet. :#
  • javadazed
    javadazed Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Looking to connect also. Hopeful to find tips and encouragement. So HELLO
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    hey there group or anyone that's reading lol I need to vent to people who will understand... I have lost 30 pounds and I can't even tell... How in the heck do I expect anyone else to tell? I am very proud of myself but I am frustrated at the same time! I have so much to lose I don't even feel like I've taking a splinter out yet. :#

Hiya - I've just hit the 50lb mark and still can't see it myself. HOWEVER, clothes are looser, it's easier to do things i.e. tie shoe laces, and people who haven't seen me for a while are noticing.

Unfortunately, the heavier you are, the longer it does take for the changes to be really visible, particularly to yourself. We see ourselves in the mirror every day, so those minute changes are not obvious. If you took some photo's at the start, take some more now, and see if you can see any changes :smile:

Even if you can't see any, keep on keeping on. 30lbs lost is amazing, you must be feeling so much better, so don't let the mirror get you down - keep going, you will see the changes sooner or later.
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Greetings, all!! I'm also in the 200+ boat and while I'm one of the moderators on the 100+ thread, I feel that it would be good to be active on another thread with folks who can relate. Many of the people in my other group are hitting their 100 lb mark, which is awesome, but for them the finish line is in sight. I tried my best not to sound like a Debbie Downer when a group member congratulated me on my loss and I had to say "thanks, but I'm not even to my halfway point yet". But, hey, it's a marathon and not a sprint, right?

45928675.png
  • Shamrockettes
    Options
    Thanks Jordis :)
    hey wish I was more motivated, and when my children or someone tries to politely motivate me it just pisses me off and makes me want to eat a whole rack of ribs lol
  • MensaDropout
    MensaDropout Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I haven't introduced myself here yet (maybe I should!) and am new to the group. I'm glad to know this group is still active!

Might be easier to connect on a more regular basis if we are friends? Mind if add you?
  • Shamrockettes
    Options
    I'm here! I haven't introduced myself here yet (maybe I should!) and am new to the group. I'm glad to know this group is still active!

Might be easier to connect on a more regular basis if we are friends? Mind if add you?

Sure! :blush:
  • gahrahstah
    gahrahstah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been off and on the last 8 months. I was preparing for a gastric sleeve, lost 80 pounds with the diet and accountability to the doctor, but had problems near the end with the idea of permanently losing a large portion of my stomach. So, I canceled the surgery and over the last year have gained back the entire 80 pounds. I went from barely moving to walking around the block and hardly any arthritis pains in my knees. Now i'm in constant pain again and its so scary because I was able to feel the difference by gaining that amount in such a short time. So back to using MyFitnessPal to keep track of my eating. It makes me feel like a total failure but I can't give up because I have so much I want to do.