naughty confession

Options
shazza2013
shazza2013 Posts: 11 Member
Ok, I have a confession, today I slipped up and ate one of my easter eggs that I had been given last week (medium sized egg and the choc bar it came with) I feel guilty however I'm not going to let this jeopardise anything, it just happened to be a naughty slip up. I'm straight back into the gym tomorrow.

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You know, it might not be a lot of calories... well depending on the size that is.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Just remember to cut back on calories, if you go over for today, look at your overall average for the week and it may balance out too. I have lots of friends that eat chocolate, as long as you stay on target with your calorie deficit, it's ok. Heck, I'm thinking of chocolate tonight. :grin:
  • shazza2013
    shazza2013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely over on my calories today (I would need to do about 3 hours in the gym to get me back on track for today) but like I say I'm not going to beat myself up for it (tomorrow is a new day)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Oh shoot. I totally ate some Easter candy and didn't feel a bit guilty. It tasted good and I enjoyed it. I've been able to stay out of it since then. That being said, the rest of the Easter candy temptation is going over to my father-in-law's house tonight to share at a family get-together. I didn't want to throw it away and I know it will get eaten by the masses of teenagers.

We have to enjoy our lives and if that means eating a bit of chocolate or ice cream here and there, so what? This is a lifelong endeavor, not a short-term fix.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to give in to the temptation. I ate a Cadbury creme egg last night and it was worth it!! ☺
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    We have to enjoy our lives and if that means eating a bit of chocolate or ice cream here and there, so what? This is a lifelong endeavor, not a short-term fix.

Those are some mighty powerful words!!
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad I had a one week vacation. Came back and had gained 10 lbs. Some of it was water, but talk about being bummed. Your little slip wasn't that bad and you got right back on the horse. Good job!
  • LJFJ
    LJFJ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have an even naughtier confession. My home care nurse told me to go out with my friend last night and have a good time, not focusing on calories. Well, I'm very good at following orders, so I went and didn't focus on calories. When I came home (Texas Roadhouse) and logged in everything I ate, it was a 4,554-calorie meal, and I brought part of my steak home! Needless to say, I gained two pounds over night and my blood sugar is high.

Tonight, my friend wants to go out for dessert: Coldstone Creamery. We were too full to go last night, and I have a BOGO coupon. I don't want to go, but she's so focused on it, and I had planned for it last night. Well, may as well spread out the naughtiness. That's the end of it, I swear! I've gained back all but 3 of the pounds I lost this week. I had a wonderful time, but I could have eaten in more moderation; in other words, one appetizer instead of two; not so many of their wonderful rolls and butter (I think I had 4); no butter on the sweet potato; a smaller than 20-ounce bone-in ribeye steak, and it was cooked to perfection; no Margarita (my first in many, many years!); no smothered mushrooms; and the house salad with dressing on the side instead of a Caesar salad. I'll always remember the wonderful time we had and the laughs, and at least the memory will last longer than the new fat and sugar in my bod, but amazingly, I have no regrets. I don't know why, but maybe it's because I'm determined this is not the end of my new lifestyle; it's something I knew was coming up and I had planned for it, knowing I'd have to get back to it right away. I hadn't planned on waiting until today, though, for the ice cream.

I figure I can do this once a year and be okay, but my body didn't like it and sweated all night; miserable! I stayed up later than usual so I wouldn't go to bed on a full stomach. I'm shocked I didn't feel sickeningly full as I should have. That's probably because I've been at this for less than a week; takes longer than that for a stomach to start to shrink.

Well, I'll be good all day, as I had groceries delivered yesterday and got some good stuff to replace some of the high-fat, full-sugar, high-carb stuff. I have some yummy produce. And, to make sure I'm good, I cut the 1-lb. steak in three pieces before freezing it; cut the pork chops in half before freezing them; and bought turkey bacon, wrapping it in two-piece packets and freezing those. I know the sugar-free foods are higher in fat, so I'll be sure to watch out for that.

Today is my husband's birthday; the first since he passed away, and it's going to be a rough one for me. I will NOT give in to emotional eating.
  • kmcc144
    kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My kids are at their dad's this weekend. I did my elliptical and some strength training, and then... I had 2 glasses of sparkling wine and a whole digorno pizza.. So roughly 1400 calories which is typically my normal goal for the day. Really trying not to hate myself right now. It's only about 8:30pm and I keep eyeing my elliptical.. Thinking of trying to get another workout in.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I eat really light, all day, so that I can have more calories at dinner. Plus, I'm not usually that hungry throughout the day. I don't always know what I'm going to have for dinner, but make sure I have 500-700 calories for it. I hardly ever eat something I don't make, so I don't even think about going over when I'm not at home. Anyways, I LOVE the days that my dinner surprisingly ends up at 200-300 calories; that means I get chocolate! I eat fiber one brownies all the time, usually for a morning snack or desert, or both if I have calories left. I never feel guilty about eating sweets, I just moderate my serving sizes so I can still have it.