21 Day Fix VS 21 Day Fix Extreme

Options
dawnkwiatek
dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
I am just curious, who is doing the fix and who is doing the extreme? I am curious about the differences in the two.

I am currently doing the fix, but I am hoping to do the extreme after I reach a reasonable goal. So maybe 2-3 rounds of the fix first.

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 You probably already know I'm doing 21DF (no X). This is my second round and I've added PiYo, which is an 8 week program. My plan is to continue doing both through the 8 weeks, not taking any breaks from 21DF. (This means I'll be in week 2 of round 4 of 21DF when I finish PiYo for the first time.) By then, I'm hoping I feel up to giving P90 a shot. I won't be able to do the full program before I leave town but it will give me a taste of what to expect.

But like you, I'm already eyeing 21DFX. I've already asked around and confirmed that there is someone who modifies everything so that's good. Given my goals right now, with the DVDs I already have (and I think my son and his wife are getting me Slim in Six because he told my husband who, although he normally can keep a secret, had to stop me from spending money on it), I may make it through the rest of 2015 with what I have going on already.

Still, I love Autumn's workouts so it will be hard not to get 21DFX. I may end up asking for it for Christmas, or something. Assuming, that is, my husband doesn't surprise me with it before then. (After all, he's already surprised me with 21DF and PiYo.)
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I have done a modified P90X (a couple years ago), A full round of Insanity and a partial round of T25. I much prefer the 21 day fix to T25!

I keep seeing motivating before and afters and hope that I can stick to it to reach a goal I have never met before. Which is why I think the extreme will help. I read that the nutrition plan is a lot harder!
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just became a coach - don't worry I am not trying to sell anyone anything, I know this is not the place! Anyway, in reviewing my training materials I found a comparison chart between 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme. I can't figure out how to post it here but if you'd like me to send it to you, just let me know.

Here's the main difference:

Exercise - the workouts are still 30 minutes, but more advanced.
    Eating - no treats, and some foods at the bottom of the list are removed. More recipes.

Hope this helps!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I'd love to know what foods are removed.
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee - your family is the bomb.com! They are so supportive!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jpkrueger I am surrounded with beachbody coaches and, for the most part, they have been awesome. I've had to dump a few who were trying to sell things but most, like you, have been able to answer questions and just cheer me on, which I appreciate.

@doodlebug32 They really are. And if I lose as much weight as I think I will between now and when I see my mother, she's probably going to be so thrilled, she'll offer to buy me one of the sets (I also have my eye on Tai Cheng) and may even want to get one for herself. I'm on day 4 of PiYo and I think that would scare her but I'm pretty sure she would enjoy 21 Day Fix.
  • bfay1101
    bfay1101 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 21 day fix extreme right now. On day 11. It is extreme :) I'm down 6 pounds and 7 inches! I'm following the food plan and making sure to carve out 30 minutes a day for the workouts. They were pretty hard to start but seem to be getting easier each time.
    What I'm wondering is how do you log the exercises on MFP? I've just been logging it as aerobics so probably not getting the right amount of calorie burn.
    You will love it if you decide to do it!

• dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Did you do the original 21 day fix? If so how do the workouts compare?

I use a heart rate monitor to calculate my burn.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Sorry @SatiaRenee I don't know which foods were removed, it doesn't say and I don't own the program myself. They just said some at the bottom of the lists. I'm guessing the bottom 3rd but maybe @bevsargent66 can tell you for sure.
  • bfay1101
    Options
    I don't know what foods are in the first program. For the extreme it's only healthy foods. Pretty straight forward veggies, no iceberg lettuce. Proteins, plain yogurts 1% or 2%,extra lean meats etc. Carbs 1 slice of whole grain sprouted bread, 1 tortilla, quinoa, brown rice etc. Healthy fats avocado, raw nuts (only about a dozen), hummus, certain kinds of cheese. Seeds and dressings, raw seeds, nuts ground flaxseed and only their dressing recipe. Oils and nut butter, only a teaspoon a day extra virgin olive, coconut, flaxseed oils. Spices are free but NO salt. Tea and coffee but NO cream sugar honey non dairy artificial sweeteners etc. I only barely listed the foods you can have. No sauces. You're basically eating clean whole foods.
  • bfay1101
    Options
    I'm not sure what the workouts are like in the original but the extreme is tough. Tonight was lower body and I barely made it up the stairs after!
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't survive extreme. I loved the flexibility of wine.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 Your question about what foods were removed is answered above. I was tagged in it but I wanted to make sure you didn't miss it because of that.

@bevsargent66 I've been using this website which I have seen repeatedly mentioned here on MFP by other people: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

However, the best way to know how many calories you burned is to wear a heart rate monitor. I have one but I haven't been using it this year. The renovations really threw my whole routine out of whack. But I am going to start using it next week. No reason not to and I'd like to see what the actual numbers are for the calories burned.
  • bfay1101
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You could survive the extreme. I just keep telling myself it will be tough for 3 weeks but I can do it. It's only 3 weeks..
  • bfay1101
    Options
    @satiarenee I went to the website you listed and I was almost right about the calorie burn. It will come in handy when the warmer weather comes and I head outside for exercise.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    pkhkro8gn6j6.jpg
    I found this today
  • bfay1101
    Options
    Yep that's it! I haven't seen the regular one so I don't know what foods have been removed for the new one.
    At this point I don't feel I'm missing anything.
    I finish my first round on Sunday. Can't wait to take my measurements and do my final weigh in!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @bevsargent66 I can't wait to see your results!!!
  • bfay1101
    Options
    @satiarenee Last day of 21 day fix extreme. I'm down 8 pounds and 9 inches! I took before and after pics. I can see the difference more seeing them. I recommend the extreme to all those people who think they can't do it... Because you can!
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think I accidentally ordered extreme instead of just the regular lol. Im somewhat active so hopefully the workouts wont be too bad. Anyways, looking for MFP friends who are also actively doing it.