Challenge 3: Click Here!

Options
NotQuiteNorm
NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
TO SEE MINI CHALLENGE CLICK HERE! TO SEE MINI CHALLENGE CLICK HERE! TO SEE MINI CHALLENGE CLICK HERE! TO SEE MINI CHALLENGE CLICK HERE! TO SEE MINI CHALLENGE CLICK HERE! TO SEE MINI CHALLENGE CLICK HERE! TO SEE MINI CHALLENGE CLICK HERE!
:star:The Morning Workout Challenge: :star:
Exercising in the morning can help build lasting energy for your day, so the challenge is simply to do 5 minutes (or more if you like!) of exercise between getting out of bed and you eating your breakfast!
Some good ideas include taking a short walk around the neighbourhood, doing some yoga or even using some of the exercise videos below - it's up to you!

:star:The Hundred Challenge: :star:
Click the link > HERE <to meet your newest enemy - the hundred. The challenge is to lie down for the next 7 days and do sets of 10-20 "pumps" with 10-20 second rests between, trying to work up to 100 "pumps" a day if you can! This could be with your feet on the ground, with your knees bent or with the 45 degree that is shown!

:star:The Michelle Obama Challenge: :star:
So I might be exaggerating, but true enough the time to tone up our arms is now! Literally a 5 minute workout, you can definitely do this one every day! VIDEO LINK

:star:The Willpower Challenge: :star:
Many of us struggle with eating disorders and unhealthy relationships with our food. This weeks challenge is to confront our power of will by spending one day of the week resisting something we crave.
  • A certain type of food like crisps or chocolate.
  • Use of your phone/device for things like facebooks and games.
  • The television or social media can definitely become compulsive parts of people's daily life.
Your challenge is to choose something you personally think could turn out to be less necessary than you treat it and decide how long you will resist.
Bronze: 1 day.
Silver: 2-3 days.
Gold: 4-5 days.
Platinum: 6-7 days.

Replies

• honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I know this is supposed to start on Wednesday but as its up I tried the arm challenge today. Did it (with cheaty versions) and feel fine afterwards. :smile: .
    Not sure if it counts as a morning workout but i walked home from night shift, went to bed and then had breakfast this morning so technically did exercise before breakfast!
    I've not tried the hundred challenge and from thursday, for the willpower challenge, I'm giving up sweets, chocolate, biscuits and deserts that have been sneeking back into my diet.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    I know this is supposed to start on Wednesday but as its up I tried the arm challenge today. Did it (with cheaty versions) and feel fine afterwards. :smile: .
    Not sure if it counts as a morning workout but i walked home from night shift, went to bed and then had breakfast this morning so technically did exercise before breakfast!
    I've not tried the hundred challenge and from thursday, for the willpower challenge, I'm giving up sweets, chocolate, biscuits and deserts that have been sneaking back into my diet.

I did the arm stuff and felt like I'd done an hour of HIIT! I guess it depends where your strengths lie and mine don't seem to be with reverse push ups! I'm not sure if it counts either but all of these are optional and the fact that you're already partaking in the rest is enough if you have to walk home at night anyway!

For my willpower challenge I'm going to give up my daily chocolate biscuits, handfuls of sweets and calorific pudding-pots for as long as I can, as I think I can probably swap them out for things like fruit!

Also, I did the hundred and it may be quick (so no excuses), but I definitely felt my abs working their stuff... Started with sets of 20 then soon struggled to 10!
  • honeynutloop
    Options
    Feeling strong. Walked before breakfast (and did some other walking throughout the day), willpower won (even though i was given a biscuit with my coffee - gave it away), just done arms and 100s as well as some yoga (absolute beginner).
    ☆☆☆☆☆
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    Feeling strong. Walked before breakfast (and did some other walking throughout the day), willpower won (even though i was given a biscuit with my coffee - gave it away), just done arms and 100s as well as some yoga (absolute beginner).
    ☆☆☆☆☆

Wow! Denying a biscuit! Well today I am pudding pot/biscuit free... I did however end up eating one of each of my sister's fancy weird-flavoured bon bons (irn bru, watermelon, blue rasp, kiwi, and something purple) but still feel pretty strong - it wasn't the same as desperately eying munchies for 30 minutes then calculating how many calories to give up from dinner to fit them in! I've also been up walking 10am-4pm and did my 100's this morning (about to do arms!).
  • honeynutloop
    Options
    Weird flavours surely don't count? I'm not sure that they would even have calories.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    Weird flavours surely don't count? I'm not sure that they would even have calories.

Bon bons are close to 30 calories each! You must be careful with everything!
  • honeynutloop
    Options

Bon bons are close to 30 calories each! You must be careful with everything!

Just saying if broken biscuits don't have cals then tasting new flavours surely can't have any :wink:
    Been doing the 100s and the arms (cheating by being on my knees instead of my toes as i want to do the arm bit properly) and feeling a bit stronger (or less weak) for it. Not managing to exercise before breakfast but getting lots of exercise in after breakfast and willpower is winning.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    HI guys - sorry I've been MIA - a sinus infection knocked me on my butt. Feeling better today. So far this week I've got 2 days of the early am workouts, 1 day on the arms challenge and 3 days on the will power challenge (one good thing about being all congested is my sense of taste is pretty dull, so what's the point in eating 'junk' food if I can't taste it??)
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    So this week was... that week and I ended up giving in on the will power thing - not so much as I stare at the indulgent foods than just concluding that this is not a week to mess with my eating routine!

But I've been doing a lot of my workouts in the morning - 100's have definitely made a difference though my cat did sit on my tummy today so I'll maybe redo those! I don't see much going on in the arms, but I do naturally have a strong back and spend a lot of time holding babies and toddlers xD

In all I am at 32 days, I've lost 6.5lb and I don't think anything can make me feel negative about that - I'm even about to do some unplanned HIIT even though I'm done eating for the day :sunglasses:
  • honeynutloop
    Options

Sounds like you're doing really well. Will power going pretty well for me (Minor jaffa cake incident).
    Have been doing 100s and arms roughly every other day and the last couple of days I've exercised before breakfast.
    Hope the hiit went well. Feel like the first challenge really jump started my exercise regime so thanks for setting it up. :smile:
    o:)
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    (Minor jaffa cake incident).

My oreo incident was not particularly minor :wink:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm getting into this late (getting back into the swing of logging has been tough) I'm shooting for the Morning Workout thing...I need to find a way to do this...morning workouts are supposed to help "boost" your metabolism for the whole day. This will be tough though...I *LOVE* my late lie-ins in the morning and I typically do my exercise at night..