Wii Fit U - Networking, Thoughts?

Options
Good morning, friends!

I've found a few topics floating around about Wii Fit U, but they're somewhat dated, so I thought I would ask the gaming community directly-

How many of you have Wii Fit U, and whether or not you have it, what are your thoughts on it?

My household owns a Wii U for Smash and after stumbling on some Wii Fit U videos, I decided that it looked like a really fun way to get some more activity between my gaming sessions in general. The idea of having active communities to measure against seems really motivational and it looks like it will provide a bit more challenge/entertainment than a typical run or workout session.. and that's something I really need to put back into my routine.

Please, let me know how you feel. ^^

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if it weren't for my kids screwing with the balance board so easily, I'd have this thing out/on more often. The games are fun, it gives pretty accurate weight readings and I have no doubt it would actually assist in losing weight if continued regularly.
  • bluelutra
    Options
    I have a Wii balance board but no games to use with it as of yet. Once I do, I'd love to connect and play with others in the community.
  • MissMe0w
    MissMe0w Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got it last week and I love it. It's definitely what you make of it though. You have to give 100% to each game/exercise to feel the burn, but it definitely gets me sweaty!
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    MissMe0w wrote: »
    I got it last week and I love it. It's definitely what you make of it though. You have to give 100% to each game/exercise to feel the burn, but it definitely gets me sweaty!

That's good to know. I have never owned Wii Fit, so don't have a balance board for Wii Fit U. So, I'd have to buy a whole new bundle and just haven't done so yet. But, when I did use to play it at friends' houses it was really fun and certain exercises I'd really feel it in my legs. The yoga stuff was great, too! I just haven't gotten it yet, but maybe I should start keeping a look out for a good sale.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have had it for quite some time. It's a great way to get my oldest (who is a brain and games type of kid) to get moving. It's improving his push ups and other motions of exercise. I bought me and my wife the Wii Fit Meters. We have a competition right now. See who can get up the Malaysia Towers first.