New to group

Options
thedjnoble
thedjnoble Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone my name is Rudy B. I recently turned 40 and decided I need to get control of my health and weight. I've lost in the past just to gain it back. What I'm doing this time is take my time so its not really a goal weight I'm trying to achieve but a habit or style of living. Hope that makes sense. Hope to meet and make friends to share this experience with on here. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• Sumner100Christ_follower
    Options
    I hope this group is still alive. I am Al. I am ashamed to admit this, but I have heard the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I am overweight. I am a binge-eater, and I need help to quit binge eating forever. The day before I began my fitness pal I consumed approximately 8,830 calories in one day, and it wasn't even a special occasion. I calculated it. Though, I am sure there were many days in which I consumed more than this. In fact, I don't know if that day would even make my top 100 binge-eating days, but I never calculated how many calories I consumed those other days. One day I ate two medium full-size delivery pizzas loaded with toppings. Another day, my mother gave me a huge extremely sweet, rich, and chocolatey ice cream cake for my birthday, and I ate the entire cake within two days except for two small slices. In December, I went to the movie theater, and just while watching one film I consumed 3 jumbo popcorn containers with extra butter by myself. I think I could talk about my binge-eating failures for hours. However, when I am not binge-eating I eat mostly low-calorie healthy food. When I am not binge-eating I am a strong proponent for saving the environment and eating healthy, and when I am binge eating I feel like a hypocrite. Though, I love good tasting food so much that I feel like I could eat it forever. I really appreciate food that makes my taste senses explode with joy. I also binge-eat during almost all celebrations or when I am depressed. Additionally, when I am not binge-eating I think very few people eat healthier than me. I have been doing okay recently, but I do not know when I will not be able to resist the urge to binge eat again. To complicate things I am a Christian, and in Christianity over eating is considered the sin of gluttony. I am trying to get in shape because 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV reads: "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." Thus, I really want to get in as good of shape as possible spiritually and physically. Though, I may need some support.
  • Ngaire1963
    Ngaire1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Al, thanks for sharing your story. If you noticed from my profile I joined fitness pal last year 2015 and that's as far as it went..LOL. My weight has increased to say the least and in return my self esteem has taken a downhill spiral. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle certainly has had its challenges!! Growing up, my weight has never presented as a problem. In 2014, my Mother passed away and a ten (10) year relationship I had been in ended which left me emotionally/physically/spiritually/mentally void...so I turned to food for comfort. I too am a Christian but I count it a blessing that we belong to a loving Father. Jeremiah 29:11(NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." So my friend, you and I stay need to stay close to God and in Him we will prosper!!