Gorge Waterfalls 100K Race Report

Options
runfoorun
runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
Hi all!! I ran the most beautiful trail race a couple of weeks ago and wanted to share my experience with you. I can't say enough good things about this course, the race director, and volunteers. Oregon's trail running community is legit.

http://runfoorun.blogspot.com/2015/04/gorge-waterfalls-100k.html

mmivmi2bgrkl.jpg

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Great report! That sucks that you accidentally cut off some of the course and got a DNF, but it sounds like it was still a good event! Loved all the pictures!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Yep, great report. Bugger about the DNF, but you still made it to the end. :)
  • runfoorun
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thank you. Yeah, the DNF was like a kick in the gut. I was grateful for the Aid Station Captain who let me continue. He could've easily removed me from the course and I would've missed out on the last 13 miles. So cool beans to him!
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! What a gorgeous course. I would love/hate that race. I would love the scenery, and my legs would hate the vert. ;) Congrats even though it was a DNF. If not for the screw up, I'm sure you would have beat cut off. What an adventure. I would love to head up there someday for a race.
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing race. I'm sorry about the DNF, but you are a winner in my books! Thank you for posting this.
  • runfoorun
    Options
    @DonPendergraft I'd call this race a bucket list race. It's so beautiful and took everything I had to stay ahead of the cutoff. There were so many runners behind me that couldn't stay ahead and didn't get to finish. Definitely get out there and check it out at some point. The 50K is on the same course, but it's tough getting in on that lottery system. @pmur Thank you so much :)
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    This is definitely on my list of races to do. DNFs are never fun but at least you got experience the whole course.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    bloody hell - that's an amazing looking (and sounding) race. Well done and such a shame about the DNF but a great achievement nonetheless. Loved reading your report, nicely written.
  • runfoorun
    Options
    Thank you @sjb74uk :)
  • Colorado_Joni
    Colorado_Joni Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You completed the distance DNF or not. That is so totally amazing!!! Way to go and congrats!
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a gorgeous course! Great race report. Someday maybe I'll do an ultra if I keep reading things like this =)
  • runfoorun
    Options
    Thank you Colorado_Joni ! @kozinskey, I've fallen in love with ultras. It's just something you have to try at least once as a runner. Mixing that much beauty and misery all in one day is about as satisfying of an experience as I can imagine.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Gorgeous run. I'm hoping to do the Beacon Rock 50K with Rainshadow in June for similar scenery.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wow - amazing run and great report! Thank you and congratulations on completing this thing!
  • runfoorun
    Options
    Thank you @Aine8046! @pobalita , I'd like to check out more of the Rainshadow runs. Please let me know what you think of the Beacon Rock.