How many times a week do you do the WOD?

Options
jaded082
jaded082 Posts: 107 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Curious how many times you guys CF a week?

I am also a huge biker and into triathlons but I have fallen in love with crossfit since joining 4 months ago. It has also helped me become a strong biker.

Anyway, I asked my Tri coach to at least plan 2 CF days a week for me. I would love to go every single day but I have to juggle my love for CF, biking and training with running and swimming (which I don't love so much). If I didn't have kids and homeschool I would be training 2-3 hrs a day with CF being in there everyday and still have time to work on my bike, run swim. Lol. Ok I'm a little bit of a workout junky.

Anyway, just curious if there is others that don't CF everyday or most days. Seems like I'm not getting my full money's worth only going 2x a week but that's ok, it's still worth it!

Replies

• bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I started my first 6 months going only 2x a week and not doing ANYTHING else due to work, kid, leisure and just easing my body into it. lol And I still saw huge gains. I then went to 3x a week for the following year, and then added a 4th day some weeks after that. I would love to go 5x a week if I wasn't trying to get tenure and raise a 3yo. haha I think you'll be good!!!
  • leahkite
    leahkite Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I shoot for a minimum of 4, 90% of the time I'm in 5 days a week though.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I’ll do two to three (three when I’m home, two when I’m traveling). I find I need a day off between to recover enough to go back. If the WOD isn’t too intense, I might work in a cardio session on one of the days in between. I try to do a heavy lifting day on Saturday, especially if there wasn’t much heavy lifting in the WODs.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I started with 3 times a week for my first six months and saw my biggest gains during this time (probably attributed to being a newbie). I go 5-6 times a week now, one of those days being an open gym session (so no WOD really) to focus on specific skill work or lifting.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I try to do 3, usually do 2.
  • paultassy
    paultassy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Usually 4. I would go every day if work schedule didn't prohibit it.
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started out at 3 days per week and ran on my off days when I first joined....I go Monday-Friday now and sometimes on Saturdays (ditched my run days)...depends on how heavy of a week we've had and if my schedule allows it. There've been a few occasions where I've taken a Thursday/Friday off just to recover maybe once every few months. I don't do any activities outside of crossfit other than go for a run/hike. Glad it's helped you with your bike riding....my running has gotten much better since doing crossfit funny how that works...
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I did three and four times when I first started (for about four months). But I think you could get by going twice a week, expecially if you are already in shape from doing other things. The problem will be that it will be hard to learn the skill movements without more practice. That might limit you a bit.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I try for 4 days per week but don't always make it. I am going to start training for a half marathon so I might go back to 3 days.
  • alcontreras1285
    alcontreras1285 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Most weeks I go 5 days, but sometimes it ends up being 4 days if something unexpected comes up.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    3 days a week at the least, sometimes 4. usually a day or two doing light cardio and mobility
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I try to go at least 4 times a week but no more than 6.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I started off 2 x days a week, then went to 3 and then to 6 (unlimited) but I fear I overdid it and started to notice niggly injuries plus my shoulder bursitis so now am back to 3 with the other 3 at the gym. Balance
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The toughest thing for me lately is that I've been doing an Olympic lifting class that's offered 3 times a week and it bothers me more to miss that than CF (it's at my box). So with that plus tri training I don't have time to do all the fun things I want to!
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I usually do 2 WODs, 1 oly class and 1 open gym. Oly class and open gym are no cost, so that's an added benefit!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I almost went in yesterday, which would have been 3 days in a row with days 1 and 2 being particularly intense WODs. Then I reminded myself "you just turned 45" and took the day off. Back at it today and tomorrow.
  • slowestBurpeesEver
    slowestBurpeesEver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    At least three. If my son's soccer practice gets cancelled he'll do a third WOD for the week and I'll do a fourth. I'm on a 3x/week membership but my coach is fine with me sneaking in a fourth, especially since we're paying for the 3x/week for my son and he usually only makes it 2x/week during soccer season.
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week.... usually 6
  • katikindschuh
    katikindschuh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started at 2x a week, easing into 3x and then eventually 5 or 6 times a week with a few two-a days in there. Additionally, listen to your body - if there's a week that you're sore and tired, take a day off and rest. When you're that tired and worn out, your wods will suffer which doesn't do you any good. But I would agree that the increase in wods has made a big impact on gaining strength and conditioning.