Morgan is in the house! MFP Tips I have learned

Options
jringold1
jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
Hey Dudes! Finally landed here. It is so awesome to see everyone joining. Randy, thanks so much for figuring this out. I've been playing around with MFP for a while and really like the site. There seems to be lots of power here. I have not found a single food entry that could not be found in the MFP database.

Here are a couple of things I have picked up.
Fitbit - you can link your Fitbit to MFP. Once you do, your calorie burn will automatically come to MFP (it will be on FB too). If you log your food here, it will go back to FB. The exception is that the individual items do not go - only the meal totals. Not a big deal for me - I just want to see the calories in/out on the FB dashboard with my other stats.

Security - One thing I learned is that you can update your security settings here. The default is to show very little. If you want your entire profile, food log, exercise and all to be shared, you have to manually change your settings. I have updated mine - I'm going to think of it kinda like our personal page we had on the NS site. I like the idea of sharing the food log - we can share food ideas and if I am having a food issue, I can post a general question here and anyone can review my data and offer advice.

Exercise - If you link your fitbit or other tracker, don't post your walks/runs in MFP. If you do, it will be double counted since FB is sending the data here.

There is more stuff that I am not thinking of right now - when I remember I'll post it.

Take care all!
Morgan

Replies

• MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have my fitbit linked! Never liked MFP before it was boring but is gonna be fun now that i have NS followers.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Morgan is in da house! But Randy built da house, lol! Let the party begin!
  • TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I really need to look into getting a fitbit. Thanks for the tips Morgan!
  • kdubskwags
    kdubskwags Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. Over the past few days and after linking m fitbit, I have found these two sites quite helpful and happy to see folks from the NS page here.
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi. Morgan. I linked my Fitbit and it says it is connected, but nothing shows up for steps, etc. is there a step I'm missing?
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Morgan is here!!!!! WootWoot!!! Go Buckeyes!
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Shie – Go to Exercise from the top banner. When you click on that you should see Calories burned under the Cardio section. Rather than steps, MFP gets the calorie burn from FB.

Suzanne- you are doing it wrong – say it this way… ‘Roll Tide’ , now say it with me – ‘Roll Tide’. Keep practicing. If you are around your Buckeye buddies and they kick your butt, you will know you are saying it correctly!

Morgan
  • SuziBoston
    SuziBoston Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hi Morgan!! Am I in the right room??
    Suzi
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Little Miss Suzi Sunshine is here!! B)
  • SuziBoston
    Options
    Yay Jen!!! My Girl!!! Whistle to you!!! ;)<3
  • SuziBoston
    Options
    Good morning Suzanne!!! Glad to see you my sweetie!