Update on almond milk

Options
jpkrueger
jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
Good morning everyone! I've seen this question in a couple of places so decided to start a new thread for easy reference. Autumn Calabrese has started a Facebook challenge group called "Memorial Day Fix Challenge". She posted a video last night about the use of almond milk or coconut milk. She said that if you use up to 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk that it should not count as a yellow. She said since 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk contains only 30 cal and 1 gm of sugar, it will have no impact on your results. She did clarify that that was only her opinion (not the nutritionists) but that's how she uses it in her diet.

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That was my suspicion. It just seemed like so few calories and such that there wasn't a hard reason to count is as an entire yellow.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I saw that too! I don't really use it. But maybe I will now lol
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 Almond milk makes the shake sooooo creamy. Just make sure it's unsweetened and you may never look back again!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have it in the fridge almost all the time for my husbands coffee. So I will try it
  • aryat1979
    aryat1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's great!!
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Love unsweetened vanilla!
  • nables73
    nables73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post on Almond milk. I have just used water in my Shakeology since starting last week for fear of losing one of those precious yellows! This morning's Shakeology was soooo much better with a cup of unsweetened Almond milk!
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Totally agree, amazing what a difference the almond milk makes!!!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! This didn't make sense to me in the first place that almond milk was a whole yellow
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks! B)
  • littleboopy
    littleboopy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great to hear! I use the coconut/almond blend one unsweetened of course and use it in my tea!
  • sechristian3
    sechristian3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled upon this group today and this makes me SO happy! I use almond milk every day in my Shakeology, and I just have counted it as a yellow. Knowing I don't have to makes me thrilled! :smile: Thanks for sharing this info!
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Yup, you get a precious yellow back!
  • hispraiseinme
    hispraiseinme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good to know. I always thought that about unsweetened almond milk. I thought it's only 30 calories.