Comic Con

Options
ptsmiles
ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
Hello! Anyone here ever attend a comic con of any sorts? I just attended my first one this past weekend. Super Megafest in MA. I had so much fun, got star struck and felt very welcomed. I even got to see my first shadow cast performances. I'm already searching for my next comic con. Seeing how comfortable everyone doing cosplay, I think I would like to give it a try, but not sure what I want to go as.

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I've never officially attended, but I live in San Diego and definitely like to spend some time downtown during Comic Con and check out everyone's looks and hunt for famous people :)
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have been to Phx comicon. I love cosplay! I am going this year as the new female version of Thor. It is sooo much fun. You do have to be comfortable with attention though. People take your picture and comment on your costume and such so you really have to be ok with lots of strangers wanting to talk to you. Some people just buy a costume and that is fine but I think most of the fun is making something. It is so much cooler if you can say "yes I made this" Here is some of my costume progress stuff.

thor2_zpsfna6iqw7.png
    photo%203-3_zpswhrahr7q.jpg
    photo%202-3_zpsa25nq23g.jpg
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Been to a few in Melbourne - Comicon, Supernova, PAX (I will be volunteering there again this year, come say hello). I haven't been doing cosplay but found many of the panels to be pretty interesting. I'm a giant nerd, so I fit in perfectly :)
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    triciab79, looks amazing so far!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I have attended a couple mainly San Diego Comicon and Emerald City Comicon. I did Sakura con years ago, anime based con in the Seattle area and had opportunities to hit up PAX but always got stuck working when it happens and haven't been able to go. It's fun and it can get crazy. San Diego is super crowded. If you ever go to that one and are into the really popular things, expect huge lines.
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    lacroyx, I've never been to Seattle, but would love to someday. It would be cool to get to one of the bigger comiccons. The one I went to was probably a couple hundred people max. It was still a lot of fun though.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PHX comicon is nuts. It is packed wall to wall with people and there are hundreds of people in the most insanely creative costumes you can imagine. The people watching alone is reason to go.