The Word of Wisdom Diet

Options
sljansen
sljansen Posts: 8 Member
So, maybe I'm just way behind here, but I've been studying up a lot on the Word of Wisdom a lot as I struggle to get my family healthier. It's amazing to me how little I followed the WoW growing up. I mean, I didn't smoke or drink coffee and tea, but that's about it. My biggest issue is the red meat. I have always eaten so much red meat, it's really appalling!

Replies

• LadyElsena
    LadyElsena Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    With all the ridiculous fad diets out there I am surprised someone hasn't written a WoW diet book (or maybe they did and I have never heard of it) :p
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I still haven't figured out what "eat meat sparingly" actually means…. But otherwise, I always use the Word of Wisdom as my guide to my diet. I'm sure I'm not perfect at it. But that is what I always go back to. And every other prescribed diet plan out there… I compare to the WoW in deciding whether or not I should put any stock into it.
  • sljansen
    sljansen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My FIL sent us the 22 Day Beach Body diet. I did the same thing, compared it to the WoW before I decided what to do with it.
  • dianuhmonkey
    dianuhmonkey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How did it compare?
  • LadyElsena
    LadyElsena Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I believe the reason the WOW is vague in saying “eat meat sparingly” is so that each of us will reach out to the lord and seek his counsel to know what that means for us individually.