NSV--Finally a huge one! What's yours?

Options
SkinnyDevi
SkinnyDevi Posts: 92 Member
Good Morning All:

Guess what happens when your landscaping company quotes you $650 for a spring yard cleanup?? Umm...you get your own butt out there and get to work! Over the past several months I've experienced several NSVs (e.g. smaller sizes, flexibility, etc) but this weekend, I had my biggest one yet. Last Spring, I was only able to work in the yard for an hour or so and it was painful and exhausting. Fast forward to this weekend and 64 lbs down, I was able to work on my yard on Saturday for 6-7 hours and a couple hours on Sunday. I'm completely sore but I am amazed that I was actually able to do it. I don't want to discount my other NSVs at all but this one was a reminder to me of exactly why I decided to go on this journey. I am loving the added energy and stamina that weight-loss has given me. This makes me believe that my life is actually changing and I can and will be able to do the things that I've wanted to do for so long.

What's your biggest NSV so far?

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME. I am finding myself able to do things I could not physically do before as a huge motivator! This past weekend I ran a 5K with minimal training--- no WAY i could have done that pre surgery. :)
  • juneaubug
    juneaubug Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! A few months ago I ran a mile for the very first time (without stopping). That was HUGE for me. I think even in high school I stopped to walk! This past Saturday I ran 3 miles!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just make sure that you do *not* tell my wife that I am now capable of 6-7 hours of garden work!

Seriously, though, that sounds like a great NSV!

Rob
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I did a boat pose in yoga- that was my big NSV. Before I couldn't reach back far enough to grab my ankle because there was too much chub in the way.

Also my yard still needs some work... You know with all that energy you have ;);)
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic!!! My biggest one to date is climbing 10 flights of stairs at work without needing ACLS (that's the cpr certification docs and nurses get that allows them to participate in those code blues you see on tv--well, soooooooo not like on tv, but you know what i mean). Looking VERY forward to a soon-to-be NSV that I will be SHOUTING from the rooftops on here, but keeping it under wraps for now!
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    rpyle111 wrote: »
    Hey! Just make sure that you do *not* tell my wife that I am now capable of 6-7 hours of garden work!

Seriously, though, that sounds like a great NSV!

Rob

Don't tell my wife either please. I did over 5 hours of yard work yesterday felt great to do more than 30 minutes at a time.

Randy
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love reading these. It helps a newbie like me look forward to all the great stuff to look forward too. Thank you!
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So exciting. Way to go!! My NSV is going out to NYC this weekend and being able to walk over 22,000 steps Sunday and still feel energetic at the end. It was great!!
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have narcolepsy, so I often get bummed that I don't have tons of extra energy like everyone else finds. I can keep moving, but I still feel an afternoon crash.

Mine current nsv is a bit more body driven. It took a lot of pounds, as I still have a bunch in the middle, but I can see my toes!! I think a pedi is in my near future!!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Isn't that a great feeling?
    My biggest NSV was last year at Disney World. I walked two teenage boys into the ground! They were begging me to slow down :)
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My biggest one so far was walking/hiking the south rim of the Grand Canyon (the eintire rim within the national park we were in that is). I would never have been able to do that before this weight loss.
  • marian9057
    marian9057 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic NSV - well done.

My NSV today was getting on a plane and bring able to fasten the seat belt WITHOUT asking for a belt extension AND getting the tray down fully to put my cup on - not wedging the tray on my belly!! Little things do mean a lot.
  • Merylk34
    Merylk34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have not had my surgery yet. But I have found that since losing 27lbs I can actually move better without feeling so tired. I had my daughter riding her bike and was jogging/walking beside her for almost a hour without feeling like I was going to die :). If I'm feeling this good before surgery I can only imagine how great it will be after surgery. My kids actually told me the other day that I'm a fun mom now. We go to the park we play tag and all that stuff that held me back before because I was so heavy.
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A couple big ones for me is no seat belt extender when flying anymore and I bought a bike this weekend.
  • jove102
    jove102 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've lost enough weight to go on the transplant list..I lost my kidneys and received a transplant 2008. The prednisone I was taking made me gain a ton of weight. I could not be put on the list until j lost it...today I got evaluated to be put on the list again and they said my weight would not hold me back
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    jove102 wrote: »
    I've lost enough weight to go on the transplant list..I lost my kidneys and received a transplant 2008. The prednisone I was taking made me gain a ton of weight. I could not be put on the list until j lost it...today I got evaluated to be put on the list again and they said my weight would not hold me back

That is the best NSV yet!!! Congrats!! You must be thrilled!
  • jove102
    jove102 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am but it's still a scary process...I only had this kidney for a few years and it was supposed to last me 20
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am but it's still a scary process...I only had this kidney for a few years and it was supposed to last me 20

Wishing you all the best! You're in a much healthier place now, hopefully that will make a huge difference :)
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Best wishes for continued good health. Best NSV I ever saw.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

Awesome NSV!!! Praying that all goes well and this new one lasts much, much longer!