Saturday, 4-25-15 Daily Lose: Results, Reports and Recommendations

Options
mikemusky44
mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
This daily go-to page is a good spot to enter your results, share updated pictures, report things you learned to the group and make recommendations based upon your experience (among other things).

Replies

• mikemusky44
    Options
    obie1nancy was kind enough to point out that the discussions page only shows the 10 most recently commented upon posts. To view all of the discussions, you can click on the "All Discussions" link (See pic below).

If you need a laugh, you may want to check out the "My first blog on MFP.." Discussion.

29ti9bgfvkma.gif

• MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good Morning MFPals!

Hope you all had a great Friday! I enjoyed my day as well. Final count walking steps w/Fitbit = 9,033 and was under my calorie goal again.

I feel renewed, as if a burden has been lifted from my shoulders.....Grateful, I finally have recommitted!
    My next journey is to lose the 30 lbs. I had regained (see my profile for details) I had lost 62 lbs. on NS, but now the net is 32 lbs. lost.

We all can do it taking it one day at a time! Have a great weekend!
    Catch you later!
    Mary

• Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! I have a Fitbit question... I was under the impression that the exercise (steps, etc.) recorded by my Fitbit would automatically be read to MFP if synced. I synced my Fitbit and MFP says it's installed, but nothing is showing up here from my Fitbit record. What am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ty! P~
  • TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. It's been a successful week on NS so far, and I'm looking forward to weighing on Wednesday. I Just ordered a bunch of pizzas from pizza fit n free. Anybody have any experience with those they care to relate? They sound too good to be true but I had to give them a try! Sorry I'm no help with the fitbit stuff Shie, hopefully someone else can chime in on that.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mike thanks for sharing Obie's tip about "All Discussions". That's a biggie!
    Shie1 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! I have a Fitbit question... I was under the impression that the exercise (steps, etc.) recorded by my Fitbit would automatically be read to MFP if synced. I synced my Fitbit and MFP says it's installed, but nothing is showing up here from my Fitbit record. What am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ty! P~

Shei, when on my laptop I don't see my steps from Fitbit but on my phone I do. On my MFP home page on my phone, underneath the calories remaining equation there is the amount of steps I've taken and on the right is my step goal. Something I do different from some Fitbit'ers is that I don't have it in my settings here to allow negative calories from Fitbit. That setting affects what you'll see in your calories remaining equation here. That way when I do a workout it will show the calories I burned as calories I can eat (- calories I've eaten + ____ calories). I don't eat them but I like seeing the + calories in my equation and knowing that is Fitbit activity. I think Fitbit doesn't allow you to eat all of your calories that you exercised so I think the amount it adds on MFP is less than you actually burned. Haven't studied it enough to know that for sure. The other thing is.. sometimes I don't think Fitbit adds your exercise until you have met your step goal.

I think Morgan said you can click on the Exercise tab here and see your exercise. For me when I do that, it all seems calorie related and isn't clear Fitbit activity. ?? Maybe Morgan will see this and set us both straight. ;)

• rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
  • kdubskwags
    kdubskwags Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym and now thoroughly enjoying the Chocolate/PB2. This shake is so good.....I may go back to the gym so i can have another one ! Thanks for the recipe.
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    kdubskwags wrote: »
    Just got back from the gym and now thoroughly enjoying the Chocolate/PB2. This shake is so good.....I may go back to the gym so i can have another one ! Thanks for the recipe.

Isn't it the best?!!! Are you doing it in the blender with ice?
  • Beach949RN
    Beach949RN Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    G'Saturday morning all! Thanks Mike and obie for the fyi.... never knew that. Wow, you just gave me more homework. A busy weekend here but will check in when I can. Great job on all the loss I see with the Tickers! Great group of losers.....lbs., that is. haha Yay, I lost another lb!
  • crochet221
    crochet221 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    eg1h6mm3whju.jpg
  • Shie1
    Options
    tobefitJen wrote: »
    Mike thanks for sharing Obie's tip about "All Discussions". That's a biggie!
    Shie1 wrote: »

Shei, when on my laptop I don't see my steps from Fitbit but on my phone I do. On my MFP home page on my phone, underneath the calories remaining equation there is the amount of steps I've taken and on the right is my step goal. Something I do different from some Fitbit'ers is that I don't have it in my settings here to allow negative calories from Fitbit. That setting affects what you'll see in your calories remaining equation here. That way when I do a workout it will show the calories I burned as calories I can eat (- calories I've eaten + ____ calories). I don't eat them but I like seeing the + calories in my equation and knowing that is Fitbit activity. I think Fitbit doesn't allow you to eat all of your calories that you exercised so I think the amount it adds on MFP is less than you actually burned. Haven't studied it enough to know that for sure. The other thing is.. sometimes I don't think Fitbit adds your exercise until you have met your step goal.

I think Morgan said you can click on the Exercise tab here and see your exercise. For me when I do that, it all seems calorie related and isn't clear Fitbit activity. ?? Maybe Morgan will see this and set us both straight. ;)

Ty Jen. I'm not as challenged as I thought then. Lol Hoping Morgan will come in and help us out. Enjoy your day! Love the Saturdays!
  • kdubskwags
    Options

Isn't it the best?!!! Are you doing it in the blender with ice?[/quote]

Using a blender with ice, and some milk that was to be for breakfast, but saved it just for the mid morning. Definitely going to use up what chocolate mix I have left with this drink
  • mistyponder
    mistyponder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! I'm so glad I found you all~ Now I can stalk - I mean get motivation lol- from you here :) 2 months and 17.6 lbs gone and Onederland this morning! Happy Saturday indeed.
  • Shie1
    Options

Hi there! Sounds very good. Saw that recipe and wanted to try. Could somewhere share Where can I find the PB2 powder? Thanks! P~
  • Shie1
    Options
    Hi Misty! So glad you joined us. Nice to see your face. I love the group too....not sure what I did before I met you guys.
  • kdubskwags
    Options
    I got the PB2 at Publix, but I think Walmart has it as well. Look in the diet foods section. I have been using it quite a while backpacking and camping
  • mikemusky44
    Options
    Hey Guys, I know a lot of you felt the go-to page was a good idea. So did I but I am going to make a change starting tomorrow. It does get quite a few posts but I really want it to be a page that everybody will want to use and go to. I believe the main purpose should be for members to share their weekly results. With the number of members this group already has, there should be an average of almost 20 people weighing in each day. So I am going to change the page to a weigh-in/results page. I am posting this in a couple of discussions and if you are going through the different posts by clicking on the "new" ones and see this same post, I apologize. Although, I believe clicking a mouse or a button on our phone burns .000021 calories so it's all good.

I will title the page: xx/xx/xx Weigh In On (Day on Week)? Share Your Results.

Have a great night!

- Michael
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, I know a lot of you felt the go-to page was a good idea. So did I but I am going to make a change starting tomorrow. It does get quite a few posts but I really want it to be a page that everybody will want to use and go to. I believe the main purpose should be for members to share their weekly results. With the number of members this group already has, there should be an average of almost 20 people weighing in each day. So I am going to change the page to a weigh-in/results page. I am posting this in a couple of discussions and if you are going through the different posts by clicking on the "new" ones and see this same post, I apologize. Although, I believe clicking a mouse or a button on our phone burns .000021 calories so it's all good.

I will title the page: xx/xx/xx Weigh In On (Day on Week)? Share Your Results.

Have a great night!

- Michael

Why not keep this one for general posts and add one for the weigh-in? Just a thought..
  • mikemusky44
    edited April 2015
    Options
    rlhealey wrote: »

Why not keep this one for general posts and add one for the weigh-in? Just a thought..

I actually took some time to think this through. Again, I have never been on any social media and this is new to me. My personal opinion is that it would be better for members to create their own threads. For instance, there are several topics in this current thread.

I could have easily created a post that said, "How To Access All Of The Groups Discussions."

There could have been another page for the Chocolate/PB2 discussion and so on.

A "Results" page will lead to other conversations and will be more focused on the topic. Of course, it will still remain a page for people to congratulate, encourage and offer suggestions to each other. I also wouldn't want to discourage others from creating their own topics or to feel like they need to post on certain pages and think that will lead to a far better experience for all.

I'm not sure how often you blogged on NS but I was pretty much posting just on Sunday to report my results. I am sure there are quite a few of the 130+ members of this group that will likely do the same and a results page for the day of the week they report should be an asset to them, which is why I am in favor of doing a results page each day. And if someone wants to start a discussion to post their results, that works too.

I'd like to try it with only the results driven page for a week or two to see how it works out. If we need to add another go-to page we can always do so.

I can come up with of a bunch of specific pages that we could create if we wanted to (introductions, exercise, recipes, helpful hints, etc.) but think it should remain as member driven as possible. In my opinion, it is much better when Wen creates a Helpful Hints page or Morgan creates his Migration Tips page. Plus the likelihood of this important information getting lost within other discussions is far less.

I'd be curious to hear what others think.

• Shie1
    Options
    I got the PB2 at Publix, but I think Walmart has it as well. Look in the diet foods section. I have been using it quite a while backpacking and camping

Ty for the leads. I may have been looking in the wrong area. I'm not sure Publix is a west coast thing. Lol