Don’t lose your NS measurement history. Migration Tip 1

Options
jringold1
jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
**This is a repost from my NS Blog - Sorry if you have already read it but not sure everyone here will see it before the NS Site goes away**

Hope ya'll don't get tired of these but I am going to post of few of these reminders as I come across them this weekend. These are things that we will lose once the site is shut down and what I am doing about it.

As you may know, I am moving to MFP. So these will be more specific to MFP but could be used as a reminder to any site you go to.

Weights:

We don’t want to lose our weight loss history. So we need to move that history some where. On MFP go to check-in. At the bottom of the screen you will see 'edit previous entries'. On that screen, you will see any weights you have entered so far. Go to the bottom and you will see 'Add new entry'. Select the dates you logged your weights on NS and enter the values here.

Measures:

I take measurments once a month. I certainly would not want to lose them. The problem is that not all the measures that we take here are on MFP. So on MFP, go to Check-in. You wont see things like thigh, upper arm, etc. So first, delete the ones you dont need. Mine shows fitbit steps and sleep. I dont need either of these since my fitbit calories are in a different place on MFP and I can get all the sleep data I want on the FB site. I deleted the fields because they are just noise. Now click 'take additional measures'. At Description enter 'upper arm' and click add additional measure. Do this for your other NS measures that are missing.

Now you will need to go to the NS site, go to 'log measurements', and transfer each one to MFP. To do that, click 'edit previous entries' and then select the body part. Now you can select the date and enter the values.

I just did all of mine so now I have to go move Annette’s. I’m sure I’ll come across some other stuff as I go and will make another post...

Replies

• SuziBoston
    SuziBoston Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    jringold1 wrote: »
    **This is a repost from my NS Blog - Sorry if you have already read it but not sure everyone here will see it before the NS Site goes away**

Hope ya'll don't get tired of these but I am going to post of few of these reminders as I come across them this weekend. These are things that we will lose once the site is shut down and what I am doing about it.

As you may know, I am moving to MFP. So these will be more specific to MFP but could be used as a reminder to any site you go to.

Weights:

We don’t want to lose our weight loss history. So we need to move that history some where. On MFP go to check-in. At the bottom of the screen you will see 'edit previous entries'. On that screen, you will see any weights you have entered so far. Go to the bottom and you will see 'Add new entry'. Select the dates you logged your weights on NS and enter the values here.

Measures:

I take measurments once a month. I certainly would not want to lose them. The problem is that not all the measures that we take here are on MFP. So on MFP, go to Check-in. You wont see things like thigh, upper arm, etc. So first, delete the ones you dont need. Mine shows fitbit steps and sleep. I dont need either of these since my fitbit calories are in a different place on MFP and I can get all the sleep data I want on the FB site. I deleted the fields because they are just noise. Now click 'take additional measures'. At Description enter 'upper arm' and click add additional measure. Do this for your other NS measures that are missing.

Now you will need to go to the NS site, go to 'log measurements', and transfer each one to MFP. To do that, click 'edit previous entries' and then select the body part. Now you can select the date and enter the values.

I just did all of mine so now I have to go move Annette’s. I’m sure I’ll come across some other stuff as I go and will make another post...

Thanx Morgan!!! Your help is much appreciated! :)
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks Morgan. Appreciate the time you took to share this.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thank u!!!!
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much!
  • swatim13
    swatim13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks Morgan. I'm going to update my measurement settings right now.
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks Morgan! But now it won't look like I lost 27 lbs in one weigh-in. B)
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ty Morgan! Your instructions were very easy to follow...no guess work. I'm all updated here at MFP. I'm now prepared for when the NS site goes "poof". :o
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

If you want that you have to use the NuMi site! :-) (Did I just say that......??????)
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options

If you want that you have to use the NuMi site! :-) (Did I just say that......??????)
    I think Numi should be the official "bad word"!
  • SuziBoston
    SuziBoston Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    sznsido wrote: »

I think Numi should be the official "bad word"!

Curse Word!!!
  • perrychristina97
    perrychristina97 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)