Saturday, 4-25-15 Daily Lose: Results, Reports and Recommendations

Options
2»

Replies

• Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    rlhealey wrote: »

Why not keep this one for general posts and add one for the weigh-in? Just a thought..

I actually took some time to think this through. Again, I have never been on any social media and this is new to me. My personal opinion is that it would be better for members to create their own threads. For instance, there are several topics in this current thread.

I could have easily created a post that said, "How To Access All Of The Groups Discussions."

There could have been another page for the Chocolate/PB2 discussion and so on.

A "Results" page will lead to other conversations and will be more focused on the topic. Of course, it will still remain a page for people to congratulate, encourage and offer suggestions to each other. I also wouldn't want to discourage others from creating their own topics or to feel like they need to post on certain pages and think that will lead to a far better experience for all.

I'm not sure how often you blogged on NS but I was pretty much posting just on Sunday to report my results. I am sure there are quite a few of the 130+ members of this group that will likely do the same and a results page for the day of the week they report should be an asset to them, which is why I am in favor of doing a results page each day. And if someone wants to start a discussion to post their results, that works too.

I'd like to try it with only the results driven page for a week or two to see how it works out. If we need to add another go-to page we can always do so.

I can come up with of a bunch of specific pages that we could create if we wanted to (introductions, exercise, recipes, helpful hints, etc.) but think it should remain as member driven as possible. In my opinion, it is much better when Wen creates a Helpful Hints page or Morgan creates his Migration Tips page. Plus the likelihood of this important information getting lost within other discussions is far less.

I'd be curious to hear what others think.

I like the idea of having certain core topics listed. It will make it easier to find what you are looking for if looking for assistance. But I am good with whatever. Just happy to have a place where I can check in on my NS friends and be checked up on to keep me accountable.
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Shie1 wrote: »

I like the idea of having certain core topics listed. It will make it easier to find what you are looking for if looking for assistance. But I am good with whatever. Just happy to have a place where I can check in on my NS friends and be checked up on to keep me accountable.

I think you are onto something and you just gave me an idea. We can quote somebody within a discussion so if we copy the text from the quote, can we post it into another discussion? For instance, copy Morgan's Migration tips and enter them on a Helpful Hints and Tips page. Those core topics can be listed in all CAPS to make them stand out. Let me give it a shot.

• Shie1
    Options

I think you are onto something and you just gave me an idea. We can quote somebody within a discussion so if we copy the text from the quote, can we post it into another discussion? For instance, copy Morgan's Migration tips and enter them on a Helpful Hints and Tips page. Those core topics can be listed in all CAPS to make them stand out. Let me give it a shot.

That is a really good idea.
  • pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    kdubskwags wrote: »
    Just got back from the gym and now thoroughly enjoying the Chocolate/PB2. This shake is so good.....I may go back to the gym so i can have another one ! Thanks for the recipe.

Hi there! Sounds very good. Saw that recipe and wanted to try. Could somewhere share Where can I find the PB2 powder? Thanks! P~

Ordered mine in a two-pack from Amazon... chocolate PB2 and regular.
  • pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Isn't it the best?!!! Are you doing it in the blender with ice?

Using a blender with ice, and some milk that was to be for breakfast, but saved it just for the mid morning. Definitely going to use up what chocolate mix I have left with this drink[/quote]

What's the recipe? I missed it.
  • kdubskwags
    kdubskwags Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it was sznsido and tobefitjen came up with this in an earlier post. It a NS chocolate shake mixed with PB2 peanut butter powder in a blender with ice. I used frozen milk cubes as I wanted some extra protein and it turned into a wonderful Chocolate/Peanut-butter frosty. I have also used the NS chocolate shake mix with coffee blended ice for coffee/mocha.

Now I need something for the vanilla
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    sznsido wrote: »
    Just got back from the gym and now thoroughly enjoying the Chocolate/PB2. This shake is so good.....I may go back to the gym so i can have another one ! Thanks for the recipe.

Isn't it the best?!!! Are you doing it in the blender with ice?

After reading your posts, I had to pick up some of the PB2 Choc PB as well as reg PB yesterday!! Thanks for mentioning it!!
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Hi there! Sounds very good. Saw that recipe and wanted to try. Could somewhere share Where can I find the PB2 powder? Thanks! P~

Depending on where you are and what stores you have, HyVee has it my area, as does GNC. Worst case scenario, Amazon has it too :)
  • Shie1
    Options

Depending on where you are and what stores you have, HyVee has it my area, as does GNC. Worst case scenario, Amazon has it too :)

Ty Patty! Now that I recognize... GNC and Amazon. Lol