Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weekly Challenges?

pichu318
pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
I was wondering if anyone here would be up for doing sub-challenges within our own eight week challenge. Each challenge could be different. A few I have thought of are:
  • Burn 3500 calories in a week (or 500/day) during exercise by MFP standards.
  • Try something new. (Whether that be a physical activity or a food you have never tried before)
  • Walk/bike anywhere that is within a 20 minute walking distance
  • Pick an unhealthy food/habit and kick it for a week. (Milk/white chocolate, chips, artificial sweetener, skipping breakfast)
  • Aim to have a clean food week. Try to avoid restaurants and processed foods

If anyone has any better ideas for challenges or would like to join me on the endeavor we can probably start Sunday :)

Replies

• pichu318
    Some of these could even be one day a week you have to do any of these things. It all depends on if anyone wants to partake :)
  • poppycooo
    poppycooo Posts: 49 Member
    I'm always up for a challenge! Count me in :)
  • pichu318
    Alright. How about we try something new this week? I know the people in my household are going to have spaghetti squash this week. I have never had squash, and the only vegetable I have ever enjoyed hot is potatoes. Hopefully this doesn't end badly xD
  • jpulp
    jpulp Posts: 19 Member
    I like your challenge ideas. You're going to love spaghetti squash. When done right, it's glorious(sounds weird, but true). I'm going to try beets this week. That's my goal.
  • poppycooo
    I'm going to try avocado..... I don't know why but it has never appealed. But I'll give it a go! Xx
  • hoppa321
    hoppa321 Posts: 448 Member
    I've got a spring casserole on my menu this week which has fennel in it, we'll see how that goes...
  • hoppa321
    Poppycooo do you like guacamole? I'm not a big avocado person but fresh guacamole is so good; just have to watch out for eating too many chips with it though!
  • poppycooo
    Not a fan of guacamole no. But have plans to put avocado in salad at the weekend :)
  • poppycooo
    I did it, and I must say it was rather lovely, if high on the calorie count!
  • pichu318
    I have never been a big fan of guacamole or avocado. Even in sushi it is pretty hit and miss for me.

The spaghetti squash was alright. I am trying to open my horizons to hot vegetables and I probably could have done worse XD. If I were going to choose on a veggie to eat I would probably opt for a raw vegetable though P:

Time for another challenge this week!

Aim to be as clean as possible this week! Choose a day, a set amount of days, or when you see this until Sunday and see how clean you can eat. Try to avoid restaurants and packaged foods on days you are eating clean :)
  • pichu318
    Personally I am having a birthday dinner tonight, so I am going to try eating clean from tomorrow onto next week. We'll see how it goes.
  • hoppa321
    I did eat the dish with fennel in it and liked it :) I had fennel only once before years ago and found the flavor way too strong but maybe it was the way it was prepared. This time it was in a egg noodle casserole with red onion and asparagus and was very good!
  • pichu318
    edited May 2015
    Mmm that sounds really tasty, hoppa :)

I had mostly unpackaged things. 10 Minute rice and tofu were included once, but everything else was cooked from scratch (or at least as from scratch as it can coming from the super market P:)

How did other people fare on this one?

This week is a work-out week! Aim for burning 3,500 calories MFP standards this week! If that is too much then do what you can. Adding 10 more minutes a day to your exercise routine is nothing to sneeze at. The point is to try and burn more this week!
  • poppycooo
    Great challenge! You are on!
  • pichu318
    I got up to 3,000 calories this week, but I unfortunately did not do the other 500. Darn rest days haha.

Pick a habit and abolish it this week! I am limiting my sweets. One sweet a day. I am someone who is always munching on cookies, ice cream, doughnuts, hot chocolate, etc...usually in excessive amounts (at least three times a day...). I wish to limit myself this week. What is everyone else doing?
  • poppycooo
    Well done! I managed to burn 4525kcals by MFP standards and am in shock!

I vow to kick the biscuits at work, I often have one or two each shift (three times a week) and although it is usually only a digestive or boring biscuit it would be nice not to feel I need to use them to keep the sweet cravings away and find another way!
  • pichu318
    I feel pained D: I was pretty skittish all week until the weekend when I was too busy to eat sweets XD I had a wedding this weekend in Niagara (the Canadian side). There was so much to do that I didn't eat too much anyways XD

Time to walk more! If it is within a 20 minute walk try to walk or bike the distance this week.

If anyone has an idea for next week, I am all ears.
  • poppycooo
    edited May 2015
    I failed! I gave in to two digestives on Thursday!

This weeks challenge is already part is of my normal lifestyle anyway. Instead I think I will vow to only use the stairs at work.... No lifts (unless there is a medical emergancy of course!) this will be hard as I work high up! Yikes!