Week 4, keep the progress going!

Replies

• Janice0711
    Janice0711 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    CSW - 193
    W2 - 191 (-2)
    W3 - 189 (-2)
    *I have been doing so much better ~not drinking Diet Coke & replacing it with lots of water with limes & lemons~also exercising 6 days a week~ Good Luck everyone! ;)
  • Janice0711
    Options
    Just got a great motivation to get fit & lose weight* I got a message from the Drill Team Dance director from Haltom High, where I was a "Highstepper"* 1969-1972~ <31bbvuwhef9v2.jpg
    she wants me to be on a committee to plan the 50 th drill team/ dance reunion * we will do a performance in the fall at a football half time & have a big party* About 6 months to work on it! Yeah!
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @Janice0711 Congrats! Good luck!

Hi All! I was about to create a thread about my problem but decided against it because I think I would be the first one to post a thread about my problem in this group. Anyways, my problem is my eating schedule. So I usually consume all or most of my calories by lunch. It is just that I am usually hungry in the morning and not at afternoon and night. It is not really a problem until there would be an unexpected eating out or something of the like before the day ends. I would be slightly annoyed if it happens because I will go over my calories by a lot but just go along with it anyways. Example is last Saturday, I already ate all of my calories before lunch. And then, my hubby suddenly told me we're going out to watch Avengers. We ate out for lunch (I just ordered a sandwich - I have to or else I would be side eyed by his mother) and then ate out for dinner with friends (I have no choice here because we ordered a meal for the whole group). We also had popcorn and drinks while watching, how about that TT I am not the type to say, oh I don't want to eat because I've already eaten all of my calories earlier (because my friends would surely tease me). I usually go along with eating out because I don't want to take the fun away for my companions.

I don't have problem eating out if it is planned because I usually eat very light or don't eat at all earlier in the day so I can splurge or plan what I would order or eat at the actual eat out. The problem is when it is unexpected.

I've always wanted to change my eating schedule to later in the day so that it would be advantageous for the scenario I've just mentioned. But the problem is I am really usually hungry in the morning and really not at later in the day. I've tried it many times before. Sometimes, I just really can't wait because I'm hungry at breakfast time already. There are times that I've succeeded eating most of my calories later in the day, but the next day, I still ate in the morning because I'm usually hungry in the morning.

Another problem is if I overeat, sometimes, I tend to eat less the next day. I am very sedentary right now and I am really petite. All calculators usually put my maintenance at 1400 more or less. That means I usually just have about 200 cal deficit a day and if I overeat like my mentioned scenario, it wastes a week or 2 of my progress. So sometimes I log some of what I ate on the next days so I eat less cals. I am planning of adding an exercise routine later this day (I usually exercise at night if I do). I usually adjust on my diet first before my exercise routine. Any advise? Do any of you have similar experience? How do/would you go about it? Thanks for those who would read my wall of post.
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 1, Week 4

Maintained the loss I had during the week over the weekend (only 1 lb, but at least it wasn't a gain). Am considering this a victory since last week involved attending a work conference and this weekend I flew home to visit family (eating out). Am heading out of town again today on business and will use this positive momentum to help me make good choices when eating out.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    maicap22 wrote: »

Hi All! I was about to create a thread about my problem but decided against it because I think I would be the first one to post a thread about my problem in this group. Anyways, my problem is my eating schedule. So I usually consume all or most of my calories by lunch. It is just that I am usually hungry in the morning and not at afternoon and night. It is not really a problem until there would be an unexpected eating out or something of the like before the day ends. I would be slightly annoyed if it happens because I will go over my calories by a lot but just go along with it anyways. Example is last Saturday, I already ate all of my calories before lunch. And then, my hubby suddenly told me we're going out to watch Avengers. We ate out for lunch (I just ordered a sandwich - I have to or else I would be side eyed by his mother) and then ate out for dinner with friends (I have no choice here because we ordered a meal for the whole group). We also had popcorn and drinks while watching, how about that TT I am not the type to say, oh I don't want to eat because I've already eaten all of my calories earlier (because my friends would surely tease me). I usually go along with eating out because I don't want to take the fun away for my companions.

I don't have problem eating out if it is planned because I usually eat very light or don't eat at all earlier in the day so I can splurge or plan what I would order or eat at the actual eat out. The problem is when it is unexpected.

I've always wanted to change my eating schedule to later in the day so that it would be advantageous for the scenario I've just mentioned. But the problem is I am really usually hungry in the morning and really not at later in the day. I've tried it many times before. Sometimes, I just really can't wait because I'm hungry at breakfast time already. There are times that I've succeeded eating most of my calories later in the day, but the next day, I still ate in the morning because I'm usually hungry in the morning.

Another problem is if I overeat, sometimes, I tend to eat less the next day. I am very sedentary right now and I am really petite. All calculators usually put my maintenance at 1400 more or less. That means I usually just have about 200 cal deficit a day and if I overeat like my mentioned scenario, it wastes a week or 2 of my progress. So sometimes I log some of what I ate on the next days so I eat less cals. I am planning of adding an exercise routine later this day (I usually exercise at night if I do). I usually adjust on my diet first before my exercise routine. Any advise? Do any of you have similar experience? How do/would you go about it? Thanks for those who would read my wall of post.

I'm pretty petite, too, and I used to eat breakfast every day. I've managed changing my appetite somehow, now I have most of my calories at dinner. I don't know if it would work for you, but it took me about a week, and now I'm just not hungry in the morning.

In the morning (between 7&8), I have a 20oz cup of coffee with 2 pumps of French vanilla creamer: 50 cal
    Around 9-10, I eat a Fiber One brownie (really teeny tiny little bites so I can really savor it for a long time and not just hork it down in 2-3 bites because it's so yummy!) with a bunch of water. It takes up more room in your belly, and it's usually enough to hole me over until at least 11:30 for lunch. 90 cal
    For lunch, I will try to stay under 350 calories. Often, when I work (substitute teacher) I will takea P3 with me and a Fiber One lemon bar (260 cal together).
    Bringing the grand total for the day to 500ish calories at this point.

My calories are set at 1200, so this still leaves me 700+ calories for the day, for those unexpected dinners.

I wouldn't suggest just completely cutting out breakfast all at once, but maybe eating less and less over time. I just found that coffee really diminishes my appetite for a couple of hours, and the only calories are from cream and/or sugar you put in it. I also drink a lot of water throughout the day...3-4 cups between my coffee and lunch, and another 3-4 before dinner, then 3-4 before bed. The water thing is hard for a lot of people, but I happen to be one of those weirdos that like water! Lol. And, many times, when we think we're hungry, we are actually just thirsty and our brains have a hard time telling which one it is; it just tells you, "put something in your mouth!"

Good luck!
  • galaxyeyed
    galaxyeyed Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @Janice0711 Is that Haltom High as in Haltom City, TX? I grew up in Fort Worth! I'm in Jersey now going to school and I miss Texas :'(

@maicap22 Could you give us an idea of what you eat for breakfast? Maybe you could eat more filling foods to last you longer?
  • Janice0711
    Options
    @catieraney Yes, Haltom High in Haltom City, TX :)
  • maicap22
    edited April 2015
    Options
    catieraney wrote: »
    @Janice0711 Is that Haltom High as in Haltom City, TX? I grew up in Fort Worth! I'm in Jersey now going to school and I miss Texas :'(

@maicap22 Could you give us an idea of what you eat for breakfast? Maybe you could eat more filling foods to last you longer?

This is just one day and it varies everyday but usually, my first meal would consist of bread/oatmeal and fruits and the follow up with some kind of meat, veggies and eggs:

whole wheat bread with peanut butter or oatmeal with peanut butter
    some fruits if available (apple/banana/mango)

i usually start with above then every after one hour i will eat again:
    salad with egg
    ground beef/pork with green beans

if I can still fit it in, I will eat fruit or bread again

Right now, I cannot give up bread but I am easing into lessening it.

I am also not very organized with my diary. I put my food intake anywhere (breakfast/lunch/dinner) regardless when I eat them. And especially when I overeat and compensate for the next day, I sometimes put what I ate yesterday today and vice versa.

Brans34 wrote: »
    maicap22 wrote: »

I'm pretty petite, too, and I used to eat breakfast every day. I've managed changing my appetite somehow, now I have most of my calories at dinner. I don't know if it would work for you, but it took me about a week, and now I'm just not hungry in the morning.

In the morning (between 7&8), I have a 20oz cup of coffee with 2 pumps of French vanilla creamer: 50 cal
    Around 9-10, I eat a Fiber One brownie (really teeny tiny little bites so I can really savor it for a long time and not just hork it down in 2-3 bites because it's so yummy!) with a bunch of water. It takes up more room in your belly, and it's usually enough to hole me over until at least 11:30 for lunch. 90 cal
    For lunch, I will try to stay under 350 calories. Often, when I work (substitute teacher) I will takea P3 with me and a Fiber One lemon bar (260 cal together).
    Bringing the grand total for the day to 500ish calories at this point.

My calories are set at 1200, so this still leaves me 700+ calories for the day, for those unexpected dinners.

I wouldn't suggest just completely cutting out breakfast all at once, but maybe eating less and less over time. I just found that coffee really diminishes my appetite for a couple of hours, and the only calories are from cream and/or sugar you put in it. I also drink a lot of water throughout the day...3-4 cups between my coffee and lunch, and another 3-4 before dinner, then 3-4 before bed. The water thing is hard for a lot of people, but I happen to be one of those weirdos that like water! Lol. And, many times, when we think we're hungry, we are actually just thirsty and our brains have a hard time telling which one it is; it just tells you, "put something in your mouth!"

Good luck!

Hi! Thank you for the input. But since you mention savoring, I think it is one of my problem. I do eat real fast and I usually eat while staring at my computer. That's why I usually don't eat just a small portion of a food because I don't feel that I am tasting it. I am trying to work on it though as it has become a habit. I am also trying to slowly widen the gap between my meals and lessening the first set so maybe by the end of May, I will already be eating most of my calories at night.

I am so proud of myself for actually being able to exercise for 30 minutes last night :) My first time in 2 months. It is just cardio. I just followed a walking video on youtube. Really made me sweat a lot. I plan on doing cardio for a week before incorporating strength training.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    @Janice0711 - love your Highstepper pic! How fun to have a reunion and be able to perform again. You'll be fit and sassy by summer!

@maicap22 - congrats on doing the exercise! Truly, I think exercising is part of the solution to your problem. It will allow you to eat more and still lose weight. I was trying to keep my calories at the 1200 recommended by MFP, but I was really hungry all the time and would go over if we would unexpectedly eat out (sound familiar?). I started exercising almost every day and eating around 1400 cals daily and I have a lot more energy. I'm still losing weight, even though it's fairly slow. This is working for me so maybe would work for you, as well.

Breakfast is an important meal, so I wouldn't shoot for eliminating it. Maybe add some protein to your first meal and it might stick with you a bit longer. Also, maybe turn off he computer while you're eating. You can consume a lot of calories without even knowing it while on the computer or watching TV. Plus, you don't really enjoy your food as much.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2 Check-In!
    I woke up Saturday morning with a very stiff/sore neck and it has yet to get any better :( Today was Back/Shoulders day at the gym but I was too scared to do weights and make my neck/shoulders feel any worse :( SO I decided I will just do cardio this whole week and if I do not feel any better by Monday I will bite the bullet and make an appointment to see my doctor. I got over 3 miles in on the treadmill today though :)
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Its been a long day here! I'm ready to crawl into bed and fall out. I had to take our into the shop to have 3 recalls fixed. I was only aware of 1, they found 2 more. Also worked in the garden most of the day. I am a little confused as to why my fitbit is telling me I have used a lot more calories today than normally. Usually at 10000 steps it is only 600-'700 today its over 1000 and I'm really confused because I did not change anything on either program, other than my weight on MFP. Has anyone else had this happen?
  • maicap22
    edited April 2015
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    @maicap22 - congrats on doing the exercise! Truly, I think exercising is part of the solution to your problem. It will allow you to eat more and still lose weight. I was trying to keep my calories at the 1200 recommended by MFP, but I was really hungry all the time and would go over if we would unexpectedly eat out (sound familiar?). I started exercising almost every day and eating around 1400 cals daily and I have a lot more energy. I'm still losing weight, even though it's fairly slow. This is working for me so maybe would work for you, as well.

Breakfast is an important meal, so I wouldn't shoot for eliminating it. Maybe add some protein to your first meal and it might stick with you a bit longer. Also, maybe turn off he computer while you're eating. You can consume a lot of calories without even knowing it while on the computer or watching TV. Plus, you don't really enjoy your food as much.

Thanks! I am trying to eat my meals now without doing anything. Last night is my day 2 of exercising. I am only exercising for 30 mins now aside from my short walks with baby. I am planning to extend the time little by little as weeks pass by. I'll update again maybe after a week on how the pieces of advice given have worked.

Thanks again to all. Good luck to our journey and I'm really glad I am in this group.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3 Check-In!
    Neck/Shoulders are feeling a little better today but I still just did cardio today, 3 Miles on the treadmill at 5am BOOM!
    I am hoping that that my over-indulgence of Fireball and Angry Orchard Saturday night and it being my TOM will not hinder me having at least .1 lbs loss this week lol I am still up slightly from last Friday but I have 2 more days to lose this water weight, but if not I know what the problem is lol
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    @janice0711 Woo that's an outfit! And what great motivation too!
    @maicap22 I eat at the computer a lot too, especially for breakfast, but I try and just concentrate on eating and enjoying breakfast. I'm full, but not stuffed (and I'm usually starving in the morning too). How many calories does your breakfast usually take out of your daily totals?
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Week 4, Day 3

Did pretty well on my out of town business trip - did have a glass of wine with dinner but also drove right on by the little restaurant on the way home that has the best pie in the area!

NSV this morning - needed something to wear to work and have noticed my pants are a little loose - tried on a pair a size smaller that I bought a while ago and - they fit!!! Thank you Yoga and Reformer classes.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Got a new bike and can I feel the pain :wink:
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Got a new bike and can I feel the pain :wink:

Love it!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I lose track on what day it is in this challenge. Still going strong here with nutrition and exercise. Hoping for a good result on Friday when I weigh-in.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Janice0711
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @RaeBeeBaby Who's sweet baby are you snuggling with? :)
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    It has been a long day! I made it to the gym Finally. I haven't been since Saturday morning! I have been really busy. I can't wait for my normal weigh in Friday morning. ( I did a sneak peak in Monday to put it in the spreadsheet this week).