Anyone else having a hard time ?

Options
MindfulNat
MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
my baby is 5 weeks old today and I thought I was ready for this weight loss journey to start but I'm finding it extremely difficult. I have two other kids (5and 2) and I don't sleep enough so I find myself eating to compensate. When will it get easier ?

Replies

• lsb11
    lsb11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have three kids as well and I don't think it gets easier we just have to have better time management and be organized so we're not running around like crazy women. Sleep is so important, try to get it in as much as you can. If you can prep meals and snacks that's such a big help, especially when you find yourself wanting to eat something. I had C-sections with all my kids so I really couldn't work out until after my 6 week check ups and even then it started very light, walking and light weights, I did little workouts at home until I was ready to head back to the gym. I hope you find the time to get things in order so you're able to get some z's and start your weight loss.
  • kmcc144
    kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You're just getting started, hang in there! The beginning is always the hardest. You just had a baby, so remember that your body is recovering. Lack of sleep is terrible. I'm going to be honest, my daughter just turned 1 (I also have a 3 and 2 year old) and although we get more sleep now- I still have days like today where I am seriously exhausted and we have been up half the night. Do you have a food scale? My advice would be to start weighing your food and get in the habit of eating the right portions, then add in exercise later after you begin getting more sleep and are a little more up to par. I definitely eat more when I am tired. I am struggling with that today for sure. I am a coffee drinker, so I've started putting some dissolvable benefiber in my coffee to help me feel a little more full during the day. Other than that, just snack wisely. If you know you're going to want to graze all day, just make it fit into your diary.
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! Nice to hear it from other moms. I also had 3 c-sections so I'm waiting for the ok from my doctor to start exercising. I will definitely start by organizing my meals and snacks and using my food scale.
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I find it incredibly difficult and I'm almost 6 months PP. I fell into the "eat whatever we can lose it later" mentality during pregnancy and I'm SO regretting it now. I used MFP a year before I got pregnant and I lost 60 lbs. I went from 250 to 190! I was 40 lbs away from goal. I am beyond disappointed in myself. My OB told me on my first visit that since I had lost all the weight before I got pregnant that there's a good chance it will come back with a vengeance. Oh and it did. As of right now I am 246 lbs. ALMOST back to where I started. Can you believe that crap? I have a lot of work to do, but I know I can do it as I've done it before. I eat well during the week and on weekends I throw it all out the door. Ugh.. I need to get back into my old mentality of go hard or go home. Good luck and if you ever need words of encouragement, I'll gladly throw some at ya!