Has anyone upgraded from the Flex to the Charge HR and then found

Options
CoachJen71
CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
they could have just as easily just stuck with the Flex?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    People like shiny new toys :wink: Personally I wouldn't advance higher than the" fitbit one"
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have been tempted as I like the idea of an HRM, but... I have been very successful with my Flex and I am not sure I need to upgrade. Or maybe I should just get a separate HRM for workouts?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    I have been tempted as I like the idea of an HRM, but... I have been very successful with my Flex and I am not sure I need to upgrade. Or maybe I should just get a separate HRM for workouts?

Depends on the workout and the goals and the purpose of the HRM.
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I upgraded and I'm so glad I did. It's very motivating to see my resting heart rate decline over time. Plus, I like not having to enter different exercises. Between my steps and heart rate, my Fitbit Charge HR figures it out. I just put it on. It functions as a watch, alerts me of incoming calls, gives me a numerical step count and heart rate. And I like the automatic sleep tracking, it's a great reminder to get enough sleep. I still have and use my flex occasionally.
  • carnipartier
    carnipartier Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my hr too it's really useful. I've had it for a month and have never had a problem with it.
  • cmcgee629
    cmcgee629 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got the HR yesterday and i am new to Fitbit. Starting today!! Very excited.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    cmcgee629 wrote: »
    I just got the HR yesterday and i am new to Fitbit. Starting today!! Very excited.

A good thing to do would be to read the FAQ that heybales wrote that you can find in the stickies for the group. Lots of answers to questions that you don't know you have.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit one and just recently upgraded to the charge HR... Had no idea how much my Fitbit one was under estimating my calorie burn! The charge seems to be more accurate for me.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit one and just recently upgraded to the charge HR... Had no idea how much my Fitbit one was under estimating my calorie burn! The charge seems to be more accurate for me.

I'd rather it underestimate than overestimate :wink:
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @ Christinev297...with my One underestimating, I was eating two low of a calorie range--too big of a deficit--therefore my body was hanging on to everything and I wasn't losing. I'm way more active and burn way more than I thought or than what my One was telling me. Once I upped my calories, I started losing.
    Everyone is different you just have to learn what works for you. :smiley:
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options

How do you know it's not the HR that is over estimating?

• atkinsch
    atkinsch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I upgraded from the Flex to the Charge HR and I'm so glad that I did! I love seeing the exact number instead of just the blinking dots estimate. It's really easy to start exercise mode and since I have the HR, it gives me a calorie burn estimate. It's been really interesting to see that. I've also stopped wearing my watch since the Charge HR has the time on it. I like that I only have one thing on my wrist now. Finally, it does automatic sleep tracking and I've found that much more accurate than when I had to manually start and stop it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    they could have just as easily just stuck with the Flex?

I was sorely tempted to upgrade, honestly just so I could see my steps right on my wrist instead of having to cue up the app on my phone. But my Flex has been working so well for me, and new things always seem to have to work out the bugs first... so I'm waiting. Maybe when my Flex dies, I'll try the Charge.

I've also considered the One,since it is @ the same price as the Flex and shows you more info right on the device. But wearing the Flex on my wrist really does motivate me to get up and move all day! I'm afraid I would forget I had the One on!
  • skinny4me2be
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @Christinev297 because I've finally started losing now. I'm still testing it out. If you want, friend me and I can keep you posted.
    Just a side note--saw this on one of Heybales posts on the fitbit app: Exercise is usually underestimated too, because Fitbit doesn't know increased effort and calorie burn from inclines, or pushing or carrying more weight.

Hope that helps :smile: