What's our future?

Options
2»

Replies

• kayakqueen53
    kayakqueen53 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am here finally (aksullivan53 on the NS blogs). I am glad to see some of my friends in this group. I am going to stay with the program. I am losing about a pound a week and like the NS food. I have a busy schedule, and I can just grab a breakfast or lunch bar when the day is going to be real crazy. I also love the frozen entrees.

What I will miss is the community. So I am happy to have a place to chat with my weight loss friends.
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am here finally (aksullivan53 on the NS blogs). I am glad to see some of my friends in this group. I am going to stay with the program. I am losing about a pound a week and like the NS food. I have a busy schedule, and I can just grab a breakfast or lunch bar when the day is going to be real crazy. I also love the frozen entrees.

What I will miss is the community. So I am happy to have a place to chat with my weight loss friends.

Welcome!

• rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have been reaching out as well. I think we have the majority of the day to day bloggers. I have been concerned about the new folks coming into the Nutrisystem blog site without a clue as to the site being discontinued. I have been reaching out to these folks daily.
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was just on the NS site and saw the posts about them discontinuing the boards. I don't know what the specifics are, but I do think that is a real shame. I have used MFP several times while losing on my own, and there are some limitations to the format of the boards, but I have to say that the support on here is great.

I lost 20 lbs on NS about 25 years ago. I just re-joined NS a week ago. My food came on Thursday and I made room in my cupboards and cleared out some other stuff to make room. I look forward to contributing as I can and being a part of this group.
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi Maineapple! Glad you joined us. I believe this spot will be a good replacement for the NS blog that is going away.
  • pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I plan to stay on with NS at least until I use up my gift cards. That'll be a couple more months at least. Then I may do the 5-day deal. I usually cook for my husband on weekends anyway. Due to that, I have a few extra meals... so I can still be a little choose.
  • pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    choosy, rather. Dang auto correct.
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    MsDimeo wrote: »
    I love to bake but NS and the price has kept me grounded and im glad. My husband used to have my dinners waiting when i got home from work and he likes not having to choose something to make. Now Since my daughter moved out and husband diets his way, the plan has been perfect.

I postponed mine once for two weeks cause I had extra meals but ran out of desserts and sufferedLol

I plan to stay stay on ns until my legs stop rubbing together.

that's pretty funny! If that's the case, I should be around for quite some time!
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I really have no plans to get off NS even after I reach goal. I just haven't told my husband yet. :p It's just so easy and convenient for me. My daughter will be off to college soon and my husband is out of town more than he is home so NS works out really well for me as far as convenience. Plus with this thyroid issue, I'll have to be diligent for the rest of my life to keep the weight I lose, off!

As others have mentioned, I'm concerned about the newbies. I put a link on "my page" at NS. It's really sad to see their excited first blogs knowing the site is going away. It's kind of tricky letting them know what's going on because I don't want to discourage them. Thank goodness I started when I did and had the support of all of you to get me off to a good start!
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    tobefitJen wrote: »
    I really have no plans to get off NS even after I reach goal. I just haven't told my husband yet. :p It's just so easy and convenient for me. My daughter will be off to college soon and my husband is out of town more than he is home so NS works out really well for me as far as convenience. Plus with this thyroid issue, I'll have to be diligent for the rest of my life to keep the weight I lose, off!

As others have mentioned, I'm concerned about the newbies. I put a link on "my page" at NS. It's really sad to see their excited first blogs knowing the site is going away. It's kind of tricky letting them know what's going on because I don't want to discourage them. Thank goodness I started when I did and had the support of all of you to get me off to a good start!

I totally agree with you Jen. I am so happy I started when I did.
  • obie1nancy
    obie1nancy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    obie1nancy wrote: »
    There is another forum starting.
    nutrisystemrefugees.freeforums.net/

Looks like we NSers may be going in different directions.
    I register to all of them to keep in touch.

• Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in a bunch of spots too! I'm sure we'll develop a couple favorites as we go.
  • melbelle312
    melbelle312 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The interesting part for me is that through the program and blogs, I have met several people that I am now friends with outside of this. I do know I will be using MFP even after goal, mostly to keep myself in check here and there, irregardless. But I think the group here will be like people in reality- some will stay together for a long time because of shared interests, and some people will pass in and out of our lives as acquaintances whose lives took different directions. Both kinds are important in life :smile: