Short walk

Options
Terri70
Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
Took a short walk just now. Since today is day one of restart for me, I thought a short walk would help. I've gained so much that that short walk out to the parking lot and back has me out of breathe and huffing and puffing! :( I'm not setting a big goal (ie: be down to 200 by next June) but working towards small goals. I think I would be setting myself up for failure to do big ones. BUT my goal this week is to take a daily short walk and to lose at least 5lbs. Once I do this I will come up with my next goal.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Replies

• jmerritt174
    jmerritt174 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good for you for not letting it discourage you! Making small goals is the best way to approach losing weight. Congrats on your new set goal, I know you can do it! Never give up! :smile:
  • Terri70
    Options
    Thanks, jmerritt. I really appreciate it.

I just got back from the doctors and either I weighed less than I thought or I did one bangup job yesterday, cause I'm 4 lbs down???!??? Is that even possible?
  • kdubskwags
    kdubskwags Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It was those daily short walks!! It is amazing how even a little exercise helps the metabolism. WTG....only one more pound to meet your goal! BTW, I think lots of small goals are great.
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Terri70 wrote: »
    Took a short walk just now. Since today is day one of restart for me, I thought a short walk would help. I've gained so much that that short walk out to the parking lot and back has me out of breathe and huffing and puffing! :( I'm not setting a big goal (ie: be down to 200 by next June) but working towards small goals. I think I would be setting myself up for failure to do big ones. BUT my goal this week is to take a daily short walk and to lose at least 5lbs. Once I do this I will come up with my next goal.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Good for you Terri! You are right! We need to set realistic goals! I choose not to look at the big picture either. I am only focusing on 5 lb. mini-goals. Which is what I did with NS, it added up to 62 lbs. I recommitted 4/23! I took off most of last yr. to be a caregiver for one of my brothers in New Orleans, then got home and a few weeks later, broken fibula - left leg bone above my ankle. Months of inactivity and not eating properly, I put back on 30 lbs. in 8 months. Glad to reconnect Terri!
  • JodyT2015
    JodyT2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great goal!! Lots of small goals is what it takes. Best of luck to you.
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. Just keep it real and it will be a done deal. I am just trying to get excited about working out again and it is like pulling teeth. The very best of luck to you!!
  • Terri70
    Options
    Thank you all. It's rough coming back after not being on plan for so long.