What the heck?? I'm in trouble.

Options
PeggyS925
PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
We were out of town for the weekend at Addi Jo's (7 yr old granddaugher) dance competition. We were gone 36 hours and I gained over 3 pounds!!! THIS IS NOT GOOD since we are leaving Friday heading to Omaha for Jacie's dance recital (3 yr old grand) and from there we are taking out on a 2-week road trip. Going through Salt Lake City, Reno, Tahoe, into San Francisco. From there we will follow the coastal Hwy 1 to L.A. Then head back to Oklahoma making a few points of interest along the way. Holy Cow - do the math!!! If I gained 3 pounds in 36 hours I'll need a box car to get me home! I'm extremely nervous! I'm gonna have to make much better choices! Nutrisystem is by far the easiest program I've ever been on - when I'm in the comfort of my own home. But unless I want to be a hermit the rest of my life I'd best be for learning about living on the "other side". Oye!!

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    HAHA. You made me laugh with the boxcar reference.

Hey, I know what you mean. I'm dreading an away-from-home experience. The comfort of my own home is a safe environment. Only been doing this 3 weeks and would hate to think I had travel in my immediate future. Good luck to ya. And, have fun/be safe.
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Peggy - don't sweat it. There is no way you could gain 3 pounds of fat in 36 hours. I'll bet that you ate a truck load of sodium and what you are seeing is water weight. Drink loads of water (I know it sounds counterproductive) and re-weigh in a couple of days. You will see a drop.
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    THIS IS NOT GOOD since we are leaving Friday heading to Omaha for Jacie's dance recital (3 yr old grand) and from there we are taking out on a 2-week road trip. Oye!!

Omaha??? I'm in Omaha!! I'd wave to you if I knew where you were going to be :)

• PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    THIS IS NOT GOOD since we are leaving Friday heading to Omaha for Jacie's dance recital (3 yr old grand) and from there we are taking out on a 2-week road trip. Oye!!

Omaha??? I'm in Omaha!! I'd wave to you if I knew where you were going to be :)

Actually Patty - My son lives in Papillion. He was stationed at Offutt, married a girl from Emerson, IA, and the rest is history!! He still works at Offutt as a civilian but is an Officer for the Nebraska Air National Guard so spends a lot of weekends at Lincoln. I'll give you the Nutrisystem official wave when we hit town!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I agree it sounds like sodium....u can just overload on h2o to push it out....dont stress it....