Any ideas and guidence you can give please

Options
princessm928
princessm928 Posts: 20 Member
Hi everyone, I weigh 164.8, started the program at 165, today marks the start of week 4. As you can see, I am not successful. I am on the vegetarian plan. I do eat eggs however. I believe I may be eating the wrong eggies if that is such a thing...I'm confused. The counsolers don't seem to be giving me the advice I need and that infuriates me since this is not a cheap program. I am off any meds that would cause the issue. My thyroid was checked years ago and not the issue. I was on ideal proteins 3 years ago and was very successful however was misrable!

Replies

• jmerritt174
    jmerritt174 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking a lot of water and tracking your food?
  • princessm928
    Options
    9-10 cups a day and tracking everything. I get confused because to eat all they tell me to is diffucult to stay in the 1200 calories but I try. I never get to fit the dessert in for NS tho.
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein?
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am totally useless as far as knowing what a vegetarian can eat to get in the proteins. I will tell you this. Assuming you are on the 1200 calorie plan, it is very important that you get 3 PF's and 1 SC a day. Each PF serving should have 80-120 calories with at least 5 grams of protein. Your SC should have 80-120 calories with at least 1 gram of fiber. There is a list on the original NS site where you log your food that gives you a list of suggestions for these that you can print. I had to adjust one of my PF's because on the list it said a PF was 2 ounces of a certain meat. Well when I looked up the nutritional info online for my PF, I realized I needed to increase it to 3 ounces to meet NS's PF requirement. I'm betting this is where you can improve. What do you think?
  • RoCla
    RoCla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    To add to tobefitJen, you need to be sure you are eating enough calories. If you are consistently under 1200, your body goes into a starvation mode and protects itself by not burning calories. Your metabolism does the opposite of what you want it to do. You do not say what vegetables you are eating. I am a vegetarian since age 5 and this no potato thing is my only real problem on program.
    Rosanna
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Could be a veggie issue. Not all veggies are created equal. There are two lists of veggies on NS. Some are unlimited and some can be really limiting. For example, you can eat romaine lettuce until you start passing wicker furniture without an issue. Can't do that with sweet potatoes. From the NS main menu, go to recipes then grocery guide. From there you will see the two groups. I got caught on this one time as well.
  • ceejaa1
    ceejaa1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Some sound advise here, it would be helpful if you would list out what a daily meal plan for you would be, list everything including amounts and whether it is cooked or raw for the veggies, maybe we can give you some better suggestions that way?
  • ceejaa1
    ceejaa1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh, I was ceejaa11 on NS I will add my pic tonight when I get home :)
  • perrychristina97
    perrychristina97 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can share a day of what you're eating to figure out if any of us can give you ideas. I read a post over at the old Nutrisystem discussion boards that really helped me at the beginning. They are "Michelle's Little Green Articles".

http://boards.members.nutrisystem.com/showthread.php?255639-Michelle-s-Little-Green-Articles

Good luck!!! :)

• Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You need to be eating that dessert you've been skipping. It's very important to eat everything you are supposed to. The counselors told me not to worry about the total calories, as long as I'm following the plan. Good luck! :)
  • jmerritt174
    jmerritt174 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't be too concerned about staying within 1200 calories, and definitely be eating your dessert!
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    9-10 cups a day and tracking everything. I get confused because to eat all they tell me to is diffucult to stay in the 1200 calories but I try. I never get to fit the dessert in for NS tho.

By cups of water do you mean 8oz glasses? I try to drink half my body weight in ounces. So for me at 225lbs, I try to drink 112oz /day.
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I drink water like rlhealy daily
  • JodyT2015
    JodyT2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that you eat eggs. I use egg beaters as my go to protein when I am really hungry. I also drink at least 90-100 ounces of water every day. And in my case, I don't lose if I don't exercise. Good luck to you!
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I struggle to get all my foods in too but I manage. I log all the foods I plan to eat for the day and I stick to it. If night comes and I see I haven't eaten them all, I will cram them in. I love the desserts!!! I hate drinking water. I know I don't get enough but some days I get the right amount in. I exercise but I don't over do it. I keep it moderate. So far so good.
  • princessm928
    Options
    I have taken all of this info and started using all of it. I drink about 10, 8 oz glasses of water so that part was right, veggie I was aware of the difference but needed to tweak everything else. Thanks guys!!!