Heavy Heart

Options
pamherring62
pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
I have a very heavy heart today. I had to have my devoted pet of 17+ years put down. How do we get so attached to our fur babies? Easy. They have no hidden agenda, they're not spiteful, they don't lie to us or about us, and they overlook all our faults. Unconditional love. People should behave so well.

RIP Tax.

xwebqvk2t87i.jpg

Replies

• pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    TAZ. Damn auto correct.
  • linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    it's horrible and leaves us feeling so empty for the reasons you said, faithful companions. I'm so sorry. I had to do the same with both of mine in 2014, 4 months apart. They were both 17 too... he was a handsome boy
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Aw, sorry Pam. Hugs.
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss Pam. I almost lost my furry friend a couple years ago. She was hit by a car and I thought she wouldn't make it but she was a fighter.....you are so right...animals have no hidden agenda...the only thing they want is to be loved, and loved.....it's very simple....again, I am sorry for your loss.
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, Taz looked just like my first kitty Ru!!! May the great warm memories of Taz's love bring you comfort. I have no fur babies any more, and miss the love that they brought me!
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    lots of hugs Pam, we had to do this with our older furbaby about two years ago, he was about the same age too :( hopefully the good memories will help comfort you over time.

~kel
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Aw, Pam, I am so sorry. Made me think of my fur baby. About the same thing age-wise.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hugs Pam. So sorry. Glad that you were there to love him...he knows!
  • AlissaandPeter
    AlissaandPeter Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you
  • rosesense1
    rosesense1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, it is so hard but eventually the warm memories ease the pain.

I will never forget a great motivational speaker who said that your pet will never meet you at the door and say, "you gaining weight or what?" That is so true and I love that.