Interesting side effects

Options
melbelle312
melbelle312 Posts: 20 Member
I have asthma, among many other defects (my mom calls me the garbage can of the family's health history- I got it all). Before I started NS, my asthma was becoming out of control. No matter how much, how frequent or how many times I changed meds, it was a constant elephant on my chest. However, between the program and my doc's tweaks based on my disorders, something happened that I didn't notice. I could breathe. There were days I never touched my emergency inhaler! I was even forgetting to take my daily meds, I was feeling so good.

I say this because I went to DQ for dinner after my nephew's Tball game, and while I didn't go hog wild, I obviously was not eating anything born of nature. And guess what? I can't breathe. So my question to everyone is- no matter where you are in the weight loss journey, what positive health benefits (mental or physical) are you experiencing?

Replies

• chwomack53
    chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    More energy, more stamina, more flexibility and mobility, Generally feel better, sleeping better which makes me feel better rested. Legs, ankles, feet do not hurt as much. I'm motivated.
  • melbelle312
    Options
    chwomack53 wrote: »
    More energy, more stamina, more flexibility and mobility, Generally feel better, sleeping better which makes me feel better rested. Legs, ankles, feet do not hurt as much. I'm motivated.

Isn't it amazing? Outside of the breathing issue, I feel so much better overall. I will always be in pain from joint issues, but a lot of the tired kind of pain seems to be receding, and I know I'm not using nearly as much pain meds as before!
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Might be TMI, lol! But it's what I have noticed not so much in me, but my husband. He has PTSD, and one of the biggest things we have struggled with is how his disorder is negatively effecting our intimate life. Wonder of all wonders- ever since starting NS, THAT of all things has improved!!! What?!? lol I would make us stay on NS purely for that benefit alone! :blush:
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    No more heartburn...clearer skin...can't keep my nails from growing...they are out of control....no more swollen ankles and feet....no more chocolate cravings....no longer need to take supplements for energy.... No more brain fog.....
  • evhutchings
    Options
    Yep, forgot the no more joint pain....I think this all has to do with the low glycemic foods we are taking in....and the increased veg
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've had major issues with both my Achilles heels for close 20 years now. Over the past 9 weeks, these issues are pretty much nonexistent. I'm also seeing some new hairs on top of my head. The biggest change, however, is having normal blood pressure readings more often than not.
  • melbelle312
    Options
    ashv4444 wrote: »
    Might be TMI, lol! But it's what I have noticed not so much in me, but my husband. He has PTSD, and one of the biggest things we have struggled with is how his disorder is negatively effecting our intimate life. Wonder of all wonders- ever since starting NS, THAT of all things has improved!!! What?!? lol I would make us stay on NS purely for that benefit alone! :blush:

NS sales would skyrocket if they put on their packaging "improves your sex life" LOL!
  • soulsistahd
    soulsistahd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Arthritis-ridden ankle with permanent surgical metal implant - no pain, no swelling. This ALONE is motivation enough to keep going.
  • mikemusky44
    Options
    ashv4444 wrote: »

And don't forget all of those extra calories burned!

• MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Positive: My Acid Reflux and Heart Burn is gone. :)
    Negative: I pee all the time. :|
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    + No heartburn, clear skin, more energy, I can tie my shoes without sitting down, sleep better, less snoring, lower BP, look better, feel better.

- Pee all of the time, pants keep falling down, addicted to counting calories, takes me hours to grocery shop, need to buy all new clothes, no ribs and cheesy-fries.
  • Stewartsmom1
    Stewartsmom1 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    In addition to the weight loss, I feel happier and more positive. It's wonderful to be in groups where people are working to improve their lives. I have been exercising and feel so much stronger, have more endurance, and my overall fitness has improved. I love being on NS.
  • Beach949RN
    Beach949RN Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Similar reasons as above... no heartburn, more energy, more positive outlook, smaller clothe size and compliments!!! ...and BP down!! Yay for everybody!
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    MsDimeo wrote: »
    I hope you are logging all of those extra steps to the bathroom as part of your exercise :smiley:

• evhutchings
    Options
    Also...find myself smiling and laughing more!!!
  • chwomack53
    chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    MsDimeo wrote: »

Same here. I used to have to get a Pepcid everyday. I think it was about week 2 since I have had one.
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Tons of energy, I still have Acid Reflux alittle, but I'm working out more than ever, and my willpower is amazing for the right food choices. Thanks for sharing, so happy to hear how well you're doing.
  • Matilem
    Matilem Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Positives: More energy, more motivation, sleeping better, more involved outdoors, feeling a lot happier about myself.
    Negatives: All the extra fiber means gas. (Sorry if that is TMI)
  • mikemusky44
    Options
    Matilem wrote: »
    Positives: More energy, more motivation, sleeping better, more involved outdoors, feeling a lot happier about myself.
    Negatives: All the extra fiber means gas. (Sorry if that is TMI)

TMI? I'm not sure I would have released that (no pun intended). :)