Think On These Things

Options
chwomack53
chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
Was looking through the blog on NS, and saw " As many have said, and as I know, it took more than two months to get where I am so it reasons that it will take a while for me to get a new mindset." I believe we need to do better than that.

Phil 4:8 "..............if there is anything praiseworthy, think on these things." Having a weight loss program that works is praiseworthy, regaining our health is praiseworthy, belonging to a great support group is praiseworthy. All the things we do to achieve our goals is praiseworthy. I thank God for my good health, which allows me to work hard at achieving my goals. I thank God for the resources that help me reach my goals. I thank God for my support group (YOU!) that help me reach my goals. However, if I do not think on these things, I lapse back to where I was, or accept a menial process as normal, and then negativity would set in.

How we think is paramount to our success in our finances, lives, spiritual walk, and in our weight loss. Changing our mindset cannot linger. It needs to be quickly achieved. The longer it takes to change our thinking, the longer it will take to change our bad habits and choices, the longer it will take to achieve our goals.

I believe changing our thinking is easier than changing our habits. I also believe it may well be the most important thing we do in this journey.

Have a blessed day everyone.

Replies

• SuziBoston
    SuziBoston Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    chwomack53 wrote: »
    Was looking through the blog on NS, and saw " As many have said, and as I know, it took more than two months to get where I am so it reasons that it will take a while for me to get a new mindset." I believe we need to do better than that.

Phil 4:8 "..............if there is anything praiseworthy, think on these things." Having a weight loss program that works is praiseworthy, regaining our health is praiseworthy, belonging to a great support group is praiseworthy. All the things we do to achieve our goals is praiseworthy. I thank God for my good health, which allows me to work hard at achieving my goals. I thank God for the resources that help me reach my goals. I thank God for my support group (YOU!) that help me reach my goals. However, if I do not think on these things, I lapse back to where I was, or accept a menial process as normal, and then negativity would set in.

How we think is paramount to our success in our finances, lives, spiritual walk, and in our weight loss. Changing our mindset cannot linger. It needs to be quickly achieved. The longer it takes to change our thinking, the longer it will take to change our bad habits and choices, the longer it will take to achieve our goals.

I believe changing our thinking is easier than changing our habits. I also believe it may well be the most important thing we do in this journey.

Have a blessed day everyone.

That was a beautiful Blog! Thank you soo much for sharing Charlie!! Hope you have a blessed day as well! o:)
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    well said, Charlie.
  • jrn8ion
    jrn8ion Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amen Charlie.
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Charlie, Thank you for sharing. Beautiful! As a Christian Woman, I ask God daily for strength to guide me here on my journey, and those areas in my life. I feel my mindset is strong, I had the One week when the blogs were blowing up about all the NS changes, ans I was negative over what is going on, and was not happy. I had to pray about it, and my mind is completely cleared now and I know what my focus should be. Thanks again, have a beautiful day! God Bless you!
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Amen! We must not only change our mindset but profess them. From our mouths to God's ear.
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Amen! Thanks for posting.
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    Amen! We must not only change our mindset but profess them. From our mouths to God's ear.

Totally agree! Thanks for sharing everyone!
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great post. !!!!
  • JodyT2015
    JodyT2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! I agree wholeheartedly!!
  • RoCla
    RoCla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Very nice Charlie.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    No arguing this!
  • garnetbutterfly131
    garnetbutterfly131 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amen. Well said.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Amen and so inspiring. Thank you, Charlie.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    As I've said before.... Charlie's words of wisdom. :) I love this Charlie! Thanks for posting!
  • SquirrellyOne1982
    SquirrellyOne1982 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amen for this inspirational message! Got to get our heart right and mindset too! With God's help all things are possible. Thanks Charlie for posting this.
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great message!
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello Charlie, I am blessed that you have come into my life. Looking back, God has consistently been trying to get me to hear His message. Whether it be through my barber, my family, friends or others, His message was there but I was not ready to listen. Although I grew up Catholic, my actions as an adult were not very Christian. I was following my plan and ignoring God's plan. A few years ago things started changing for me. People came into my life that showed me true kindness and goodness. I started following their example and started giving back, which is something I really had not done previously. Several life changing events humbled me. Then my best friend Scott shared a dream that he had.

Scott was born Jewish but was not raised to be religious. While in high school, the father of one of Scott's friends kept sharing God's message with him. Scott, like me, did not listen. Although he had not seen this friend or her father for over 30 years, her father came to him in a dream. In the dream, the girl's father was standing in Heaven. He asked Scott what he was doing there and then told him that he did not belong there and needed to leave. This dream changed Scott's life. He soon got baptized and has spent the last few years praising God and sharing His word with others. He even leads a prayer group and sends out daily devotionals. A few weeks ago, he asked me if he could add me to the list. I wanted to share the message Scott sent me this morning as I believe it to be relevant to our weight loss journeys, in addition to other parts of our life.

g7lbd725xr7g.jpg

PS: If anybody would like to be added to the list, send me an email to let me know.

Have a good night.
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your and Scott's testimony! I already receive numerous spiritual emails for my daily devotions but thanks for the offering to spread the Good News! Keep spreading His word!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    This was a perfect perfect message, Mike.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Charlie, just reading this again. I needed a refresher course. ;)