Dizzy and sick to my stomach all the time

Options
AmberSpamber
AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
Hi Ladies... I wanted to get a little input from you. I am on day 9 of the 21 day fix. The last few days I have been feeling very dizzy and nauseous. I am eating what is recommended, but I feel that my body may not be getting enough and is weak because of it. Have any of you had the same issue with this program? I am wondering if I should up my level of containers because most days once I add my workout in, I am below 1200 calories. Any thoughts?

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Yes. Below 1200? That's not healthy. Are you eating all of the containers each and every day? Even at the lowest bracket, you should be eating more than 1200 calories. Maybe not a lot more but at the bare minimum close to the 1200. I'm on the lowest bracket and I'm going to start really tracking my diet this week because I'm exercising about 2 hours a day and I may want/need to move up a bracket. However, if I weren't getting even 1200 calories I would just start there, ensuring that I get in the necessary calories before thinking I need more.

Are you drinking enough water? Do you know how much water you should be drinking? Most people just say "Woohoo! I drank 64ozs!" That's fine, if you weigh 128 lbs and don't exercise and it's not summer. But if you weigh more or less than128 and/or you exercise and/or the weather is hot enough to make you sweat, then 64ozs is not your target. Your baseline = 1/2oz per lb of body weight. Notice the key word: baseline. From there, you add more water if you sweat, whether you pushed your body to make it happen or the weather outside is making you feel overheated. Hydration is crucial.

Are you eating 5-6 small meals? I get nauseous if I don't eat frequently, especially when I'm exercising. My husband, who has diabetes, has 3 meals with 2-3 snacks a day. Like me, he has to eat regularly or he'll feel sick. Why? Blood sugars. If you aren't eating all of the containers, then start eating them all and spread them out throughout the day. Seriously. You will feel better.

This morning I woke up dizzier than usual (I have a balance disorder and I always workout while dizzy) and I didn't want to push play but I forced myself to do it. Now I am fighting nausea to eat because the allergy medicine I took last night really has me messed up.
  • AmberSpamber
    Options
    SatiaRenee, Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the time you took to respond. So let me give a little bit more info. Daily, I eat anywhere from 1300-1599 calories, but when i add in my work outs, it puts me below the 1200 mark. I average anywhere from 150-420 calories burned for my workouts according to my heart rate monitor. My body FEELS like it needs more fuel, but I was just trying to stick with what she suggested in my calorie range. I am eating all the containers that she suggested but just don't feel well. How can I add in more calories when I have already consumed what is suggested for the day? Is it time to move up to the next level? As for my water, I got in 70 OZ yesterday which was lower than normal. I average 85-95 Oz of water, so I don't think that could be the culprit. I had a severe sugar addiction, and I sometimes wonder if that could play into it as well as the calories consumed issue. I just hope to start feeling better soon cause this is not gonna work out well if it continues like this.
    Let me know your thoughts when you can.

Thanks!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I agree. Eat back done calories. Being dizzy is not good!
  • chocolatelime
    chocolatelime Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body for sure! The calorie estimate should include your exercise burn, that being said, I also had to jump up a calorie bracket. Must be metabolism or something, but once I did, my body felt so much better and the program worked!
  • AmberSpamber
    Options
    I increased my calories a little and have felt much better. Thanks for your suggestions ladies...
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Awesome @AmberSpamber! I'm glad it was so easily resolved.